Chapter 8

- because you fell from heaven -
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"OWW!!" 

I thought my foot was bleeding the moment I saw the bright red and was already thinking of calling Ari to say "Hey, sorry, my foot is bleeding, I'll be late" when I saw that it was actually a red bracelet!

I picked it up and the red jewel suspended on the chain glittered like nothing I've ever seen.

"WOW!" It was so shiny I couldn't help but stare. But where did it come from? Was it one of the guys?-

I didn't have time to think it over as my phone buzzed again, probably Ari expecting me to be late and sending me a another reminding text message.

I quickly called a taxi to take me to the sushi restaurant, meanwhile also texting Ari back and mindlessly putting the bracelet on as I realized I was still holding on to it in my rush out of the apartment. The taxi quickly zoomed through the already buzzing night streets.

 

the past - in Heaven


"So you're the Apprentice hmm? Do you have a name?" A boy who looked to be in his mid-teens asked Taekwoon haughtily. The boys pretty face looked him up and down, judging him from head to toe.

Suho quickly steps in, knowing full well that Taekwoon's quiet attitude could be easily misunderstood.

"He doesn't have a name for himself yet Kira." Suho said smiling, reassuringly patting Kira on the shoulder.

Kira looked at Suho, who was his equal in rank and turned around brushing him off.

"I see, well then Apprentice, prepare yourself for your first mission with me in 2 days. Learn as much as you can about the human world, I'm sure Suho will help you if you need anything." Kira ran forward a few steps, jumping and opening his large ivory white wings and flying into the air like a graceful swan. He didn't bother turning back to wave goodbye.



"Sorry about that, that Kira.. he's been like that since he got here. A complete grump if you ask me..  but he's a skilled flyer and rose up in the ranks insanely fast. Like he was fearless. Just, follow all his orders as best as you can, since it's your first mission I'm sure it'll be something simple. This will be your first time seeing Earth as a Guardian right? Excited?!" Suho said patting Taekwoon on the shoulder.

Taekwoon nods his head. Excited wouldn't be the exact word.

 

back to present Earth


I finally arrived at the sushi restaurant 20 minutes later, only 5 minutes late. Quickly seeing an already seated and sulky looking Ari waiting at a table.

"Hey Ari, sorry for being late." I said to her apologetically, judging from the face she was making I didn't want to make her mood get any worse. I took the seat across from her.

She quickly changed her frown to a smile. That's a good sign, I thought. She wasn't mad at me but at something else.

"Hey Kayri, don't worry about it. By the way I already ordered a few salmon rolls for us, don't eat too much though, we're going clubbing after this!" Ari had that mischievous glint in her perfectly smoky eyed eyes.

"Clubbing? We weren't just going to have a nice girls night here? We can watch movies or something.." I said as I saw a waiter head over to us.

"I am not going go to a dark movie theater after dressing up. I already decided on which club we'll visit too." Ari replied, trying to be convincing but it was obvious she wanted to distract herself from something..or someone.

"Did Sehun do somethi-" I tried asking about her on and off boyfriend Sehun but she quickly cut me off as the waiter arrived.

"Look the waiter's here." Ari says taking the menu's from the waiter and handing me one.

"Would you ladies like to order a few drinks?" The waiter asked.

"I'll have some ice water for now. And an order of Sweet Potato Tempura please." I said, wondering how much to eat if we were really going to go to a club.

"I'll have the Flaming Lover Cocktail please." Ari added with a hint of malice in her voice.

"Sorry miss, flaming drinks can only be ordered if you're seated at the bar." The waiter replied.

"Oh, fine then, the Heart Breaker." She ordered, that hint of malice going up a notch. It's pretty obvious now, "I wonder what happened this time..", I thought. Then she quickly turned to me. "Well, since I'm drinking you should drink something too. Quick, order."

"Eh?" Ari looked at me with half forceful half pleading eyes. " *sigh* Well, then uhm.." I quickly looked through the cocktail menu, full off oddly named drinks.

"Can you recommend something sweet?"

 

at a bar

*clink* The sound of glass being placed in front of me by the bartender in the club caught my attention.

"Excuse me, I didn't order this." I told the bartender before she turned away.

The bartender nudged her head to the side, while saying "That guy over their sent it over." smiling. I quickly turned around, to find Chanyeol, already making his way over.

"Chanyeol? What are you doing here?" I asked him as he took the barstool beside me. "Minseok-oppa didn't call you to help at the shop?"

"Minseok-hyung? Nah he didn't call. But what are you doing here? Weren't you supposed to be helping him out today? But instead you're at the bar..hmm?" He smirked at me as if he caught me playing hooky.

"Yah Chanyeol, I helped out in the morning and got out early because I'm with a friend." I said.

"Hanging out at the bar? with a friend?" He enunciated the words bar and friend at me jeeringly.

"What? Is that a problem?" I said finally looking down at the drink he gave me.

"Nope, it's just not-" Chanyeol is cut off by Ari returning from the washroom.

"Oh, who's this, someone hitting on you already?" She smiles at him with her signature toothy smile as she took the barstool to my right. Chanyeol was surprised, he never met Ari, so I'm sure he was stunned.

"No, he's my good friend Chanyeol." I replied, emphasis on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter