Chapter 3

- because you fell from heaven -
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you?"

I wanted to ask him this, after looking at his newly healed wounds. A regular human couldn't possibly have healed from such deep wounds overnight. Impossible.

I turned the water on in the showers, waiting for it to heat up. At least I wouldn't have to worry about his wounds getting wet now. I looked at him, patiently waiting on the couch. "Who are you?" the thought kept repeating in my mind. I was fighting myself, suppressing the negative possibilities. The impossible possibilities. I shook my head, trying to clear my mind and walked back to the living room.

"Time for you to shower!" I told him, once again dragging him to the shower.

I showed him the clothing I bought and how to use the faucets, along with a towel he should use to dry off. I think he got the jist of it. Shirt on the upper body, then underpants and pajamas on the lower body. I pushed him towards the shower and closed the door behind me with a thud.
 


*beep beep beep* *whistleee* *clop clop clop*

"Mom, mom, mom, are we there yet?" A little girl looks out of a car window, into the bustling traffic in the city.

"Dad, will there be clowns? and dinosaurs? and magicians??!" A little boy holding a large red toy car excitedly calls to his father in the drivers seat.

The day was like any other day, bright with a few clouds, nothing specifically special.

"Ari told me there were men with 6 arms, and little dancing fairies, and angels with wings and lions-" The girl had sparkles in her eyes.

"Now now kids, we'll be at the fair soon." The mother was in the front passenger seat, with a laughing smile she looked warmly at her kids.

"Jay told me that when- when he went to the fair, he saw elephants and they could walk on balls and catch people flying in the air!" The boy pretended as if his toy car was flying through the air, and caught it with his other hand. "Do you think an elephant will catch me??" He had no fear in his eyes while thinking this aloud.

It was any other day for this young family of four. No worries, just smiles and excitement. 

The girl continued to look out the window, looking for the first signs that they've finally arrived at the fair. When the father yells and the mother screams.

The next thing the girl knew, the car was pinned between a brick wall and what appeared to be a large tanker. Dizzy and feeling pain, she called for her father and mother. But they didn't answer. She couldn't move, her seatbelt holding her body in place. The only thing in her line of vision was her mothers long dark hair in the front seat, still. Screams of people far away, and sirens began to fill the air when she closed her eyes.
 


I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. The sound of the shower water coming to a stop took me ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter