Chapter 10

- because you fell from heaven -
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Past - back in NaYi'qu - Mount Jumia

"DON'T OPEN THE DOOR!"

The two figures fell to the ground with a thud.

Kris turned around and sighed at what he saw, "What are two Travelers doing here?" 

It was Tao and Kai, two of the most troublesome rascals in NaYi'qu. Just the sight of them together is a sign of trouble. Travelers are gods with the power to open rifts in time and space, perfect for running away after causing mischief. Tao and Kai are just two of the many young mischievous Travelers but they're quite well known for their antics.

"Hey you should be nicer to us, we're here on a favor!" Tao said at Kris's unwelcome greeting.

"Yeah, we're being good today!" Kai added in.

"Oh crap." Tao said, sudden dread in his voice. His eyes seeing the last wisp of the door disappearing into oblivion.

"We're dead." Kai added, seeing the door disappear as well.

"Okay, what is up with you guys, why are you here and what's the problem? I just finished my job for the day and can finally get some rest, so make it fast." Kris waved the two over so they could explain.

"Lady Eyra.. she said.. if the door was opened, the world will be destroyed." Tao said, urgently, his feet stuck to the ground, as he looked in the direction where the door disappeared..

"We.. we have to hide. She's going to have our heads if she knows we failed." Kai grabs Tao's arm already opening another rift in space.

Kris was alarmed. "Wait! World? Which world? You couldn't possibly mean.."

 

still the Past - Heaven

Taekwoon was in his room. Remembering the night when he finally saw her again, and how he thought she saw him too.

She's gotten older, he thought. He forgot how fast time moves for the human world. Now that he knows she's there, he needs to figure out a way to-

He wasn't sure anymore. He just knows he wanted to meet her but..

That night..

When he jumped to stop her from screaming, he couldn't even touch her. His hand, his entire body passed through her like he was air. He realized.. he didn't exist to her. He was at a loss.. Why had he been in Heaven all this time? Why did he bother learning about humans? Why...  does he still want to meet her so badly. 

Then he hears someone call his name. 

"psst Taekwoon-hyung!" 

Shocked, no one knows his name in Heaven, Taekwoon looked up to see-

 

a long while later but still the past - Heaven

Taekwoon was about to leave his room. Tonight was the night. He should have done this a long time ago. When he hears a knock on his door.

"It's Suho, open up." Suho said from the other side. Taekwoon opened the door, and behind Suho were 7 other Guardians. He saw the look on Suho's face, shock, sadness, anger, and his duty as a Leader.

"Where were you going just now." Suho asked, hoping for the right answer or no answer at all.

"I ..was-" Suho, sworn to his duty as a Leader, saw the flicker in Taekwoon's eyes, he knew Taekwoon was going to lie.

He gave the signal. The other 7 Guardians grabbed Taekwoon, chaining his arms and wings so he couldn't escape. A mask covered the bottom half of his face so he couldn't speak.


"You've been charged for Treason.", Suho said, despondent. He turned around, betrayed, leading the other troops to a place Taekwoon didn't know.

 



 


Oh, it's you. Where did you disappear to?

He offered his hand to me and I realized I was sitting on a bed of soft grass. I took his hand and he started leading me somewhere.

Wait, where are you taking me? I don't want to go.

He turned and pointed at my torn dress. The breeze rustled the skirt and there was a small scrape on my calf.

Oh. Where did that come from.. I guess I have to..

The trees began to open up to a field of grass and for some reason the path suddenly felt very familiar. Once we were out of the forest a large castle appeared not too far away.
 


*ring ring ring ring*

"That's weird, she's not answering" Ari says out loud in the parking lot of the club. Then starts sending Kayri a text message. Minseok comes out of the bar and heads over to Ari and Luhan.

"Minseok-oppa can you try calling Kayri for me? She's not picking up and I wanted to ask her if she needed anything like groceries." Ari asks taking out her car keys.

"She's not picking up?" He asks Ari, a bad feeling coming over him. He exchanges looks with Luhan.

"Yeah, I sent her a text just now too. Oh well, I guess I'll just grab whatever at the grocery store." She walks over to Minseok to hand him her car keys.

"Luhan, sorry I forgot I need to get something, can you drive Ari for me?" Minseok says, handing the keys to Luhan.

Luhan nods his head slightly, a smile appearing on his face as he faces Ari. "Sure thing! You should get going."

"Sorry for the change of plans, I'll see you later!" Minseok jumps into his BMW and speeds away.

"Sorry about that Ari, Minseok gets a little.. impulsive sometimes." He says with a smile. "To the grocery store right?" Luhan opens the driver seat.

"Uh..yeah." Alone, with Luhan..thanks guys, thanks..OTL. Ari opens the passenger door to her Mini Cooper when her phone rings.

*ring ring* Thinking it's Kayri calling back she immediately answers.

"Kayri hey-"

"Ari, who's that guy getting in your car?"

Ari pauses then replies.


"Sehun?"
 


 

the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter