Chapter 12

- because you fell from heaven -
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Luhan looked out the window of the car as shops began opening for the day. They were on their way back to the Coffee Shop. "Sorry about asking you to pick me up Minseok", he said as the breeze coming in through the window lightly tousled his hair.

"Don't worry about it, who would have guessed that her boyfriend would come out of no where." Minseok replied coolly, bringing the car to a stop at a red light. 

"So what happened with Kayri?", Luhan asked with an undertone of seriousness.

"She sounded fine over the phone..but she basically told me not to visit her.. I was going to visit any ways but you called so..*sigh* Am I reading too much into this Luhan? The way she replied just made me feel like I should visit her just in case." Minseok confessed, impatiently tapping the wheel.

Luhan closed the window as the traffic light was going to turn green. "Well.. it's either 1. because of her change that you feel like checking up on her or 2. because she rejected you, you want to go see her." The car jerked forward for a split second as Minseok was caught off-guard by Luhan's answer.

"Rejected, what do you mean rejected." Minseok tried playing the jerk of the car off, acting like it never happened.

"Admit it Minseok, you think she likes you." Minseok makes a sharp right turn, luckily the streets were still relatively empty so no one saw.

"What-I-" Minseok gets cut off by Luhan.

"Don't worry, with the way she's been acting for the past few months I'd think she likes you too. She probably hasn't realized it herself, since you guys have been close for a while now."

"And why are you telling me this.." Minseok said as he passed another green light.

"Because I think you like her too." Minseok almost runs a yellow light at Luhan's words.

"What are you-You like her too!" Minseok replied, almost yelling.

"Yeah, I like her", Luhan replied calmly. "But I haven't forgotten the reason why we're here, I haven't forgotten what she is."

"As long as we protect her she won't change any more than she has. She's still a human." Minseok said, regaining his calm.  Things have been so peaceful for a while now, Luhan's sudden serious attitude felt almost out of place. But he knew why Luhan was doing this, it was because he didn't want him to lose sight of the reason they were there. He sighed, "I get it Luhan.. I won't lose sight of why we're here."

Luhan felt bad for having to remind Minseok about the reason why they were there. It wasn't as simple as just protecting Kayri, there was more to it and romantic feelings would just get in the way. Plus there was a difference between him and Minseok. Kayri liked Minseok, not him.

Minseok parked the car in the Coffee Shop parking lot and they both got out of the car.
Minseok turned to Luhan with an understanding smile, "Thanks Partner."
 

 

"Yes, that's my name. Leo. Your tattoos are pretty cool too."

What.. did he just.. Kayri was shocked again. He talked..and he said his name was Leo. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!, she thought.

Chanyeol smiled, he loves it when people compliment his tattoos. He automatically listed the new guy as an okay guy in his mind. Chanyeol was about to ask about which tattoo place he got his tribal moons done when Kayri starts pushing him towards the door.

"That's enough socializing you two, I have cleaning to do and stuff so-" Kayri stammers as she opened the door.

"I get it, I get it. You want some alone time." Chanyeol continued to tease, stepping towards the door. "I can't wait to tell everyone about-"

"-Wait-!" Kayri grabs Chanyeol by the arm. "Don't tell Minseok-oppa!", She half whispered.

"Hmm? Are you keeping secrets from your Oppa?", He raised one eyebrow at Kayri dramatically.

"Just promise not to tell anyone ok? Please?" Kayri whispered in a commanding plea.

Chanyeol wondered why Kayri wanted to keep it a secret, but decided not to question it at the time in fear that she'll throw a chair at him or something. "Ok ok, I won't tell-" Chanyeol says with his hands up in surrender.

Kayri lets out a sigh of relief.

"-maybe~" Chanyeol finished his sentence, running out of the door with his mischievous smile.

"Wa-!" Kayri couldn't even yell at him to wait as he ran into the stairwell and out of sight.

 


I slowly opened my eyes, looking at my clock on the bedside table, 11:10AM. Stretching with my eyes closed and feeling well rested I turned around, slowly opening my eyes. I suppressed a scream as I came face to face with someone else on my bed. I quickly gathered my covers around me and slowly inched myself away from him. His medium length hair lightly tousled, he quickly combed his hand through his hair, his eyes slowly opening to look up at me. *bu-dump* Who-w-what-wha-, my brain took a moment. Then I remembered what happened after Chanyeol left..
 

flashback

I headed for the kitchen after making sure I locked the door. Looking up at the clock, it's barely been an hour since I left the Coffee Shop. What a.. rollercoaster, I thought. Remembering how relaxed I was when I was walking home drinking my tea and then my almost mental breakdown shortly after. I brought my hand up to my chest, my heart was still pounding rapidly so I closed my eyes, taking some deep breaths when I felt his arms

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter