Chapter 6

- because you fell from heaven -
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

back to the past, in NaYi'qu

"To complete the Trial of Fire you must walk across the Land of the Fire Griffins and find one of their golden feathers. After Finding the feather, you must bring it to the pinnacle of Mount Jumia. There, someone will appear with a key that can grant your wish. That god will exchange the feather of the Fire Griffin with that key."

A cloaked-being told Taekwoon this, after walking out of the trial set up by his father. They weren't going to grant his wish, they only wanted to talk him out of it. This 'Trial of Fire'.. if completing it could grant his wish, he was willing to do it.


Mount Jumia of the Land of the Fire Griffins


   Mount Jumia is a dormant mountain in the realm NaYi'qu. The land surrounding the mountain is called the Land of the Fire Griffins because even if they are a rare sight, Fire Griffins have assumed the land their own, building nests in the caverns around the mountain. Because of Mount Jumia's location and inhabitants, it is the the final destination for the Trial of Fire. A trial that Taekwoon is now taking, for his wish.


"There is a gold pavilion there, where all who wish to take the Trial of Fire must begin, from there it can take you years to find a single golden feather, or you can find one in a day. Perseverance and luck is what you need most, good luck to you." The cloaked-being said these words, and then disappeared into the shadows like smoke.

After the cloaked-being disappeared, Taekwoon immediately heads to the border of the Land of the Fire Griffins on a transport cloud.
 

Kayri's apartment

"Kayri, yo Kayri, wake up."

I woke up to the sounds of Chanyeol's voice, telling me to wake up.

"Huuh?..what.."   I said groggily, coming out of a dreamless sleep.

"You fell asleep on the couch while we were watching TV, any ways Minseok-hyung's gonna be here any second so I thought you might want to be awake-" And as if on cue the doorbell rings again.

I got up immediately to go get the door, but then I saw my reflection in the mirror on the wall and almost screamed. My hair was a mess!

"Chanyeol, can you get the door?!" I yelled as I ran to the bathroom to go fix my hair.

I shut the washroom door behind me and realized, the washroom was a mess!

A large shiny black cloth i neever noticed lay on the ground. "What's That", I thought to myself as I picked it up. I know I didn't own anything so shiny, when a thought struck me. Don't tell me..these were his?? I immediately threw the strange cloth into the laundry hamper. How can the pants he was wearing turn into that piece of cloth anyways?! I immediately started tidying up the shower and sink. Ah, how long did I sleep for.. he's not back yet? 

I stood in front of the now spotless mirror. Where did he go, will he come back.. was everything a dream? So far for not having time to worry.. A knock on the door quickly takes me out of my thoughts.

"Kayri-ah, you okay in there? It's Minseok-oppa." I heard Minseok-oppa say through the door. Ah crap, I'm taking too long!

I quickly brushed my hair and made sure I looked alright before stepping out.

"Oppa! Why did you plan this BBQ without confirming it with me first!" I chided him, while also giving him a quick welcoming hug.

Minseok-oppa, Kim Minseok, 4 years my senior, and someone who I can easily depend on. When did it start? He didn't go to my school and he wasn't a family friend, we met by absolute chance. I saw him helping my Grandmother with groceries one spring day in my first year, and somehow after that I kept running into him. He started working at a nearby coffee shop as a waiter, and I always ran into him in the book store, or mart, a lot of places actually. He always made an effort to talk to me, and before I knew it, his existence became like a warm blanket. Now, after 5 years he runs his own coffee shop, as a certified barista and he's the person I trust the most in my small world.
                                              
"Why? Did you become a vegetarian overnight?" Minseok-oppa questioned, attempting to hug me back warmly.

"..no. But still!" I pushed him away, plus I really don't like it when people suddenly come over.

"I know you don't like it when people suddenly visit you, but you'll forgive me right?" He settled with putting his arm around my shoulder, giving me a light squeeze. *sigh* I really can't stay mad at him for more than 10 seconds.  "Did you sleep okay last night? I did try contacting you. Chanyeol told me you didn't sleep well and so you fell asleep on the couch. Was it because of yesterday.. "

I gently removed Minseok-oppa's arm from my shoulder. "Oppa.. " I quickly glare at Chanyeol who's sitting on the couch watching TV, his back facing us. Is this why he suddenly planned a BBQ party? To cheer me up? To distract me?

"Oppa, it's because.." I hesitated, I knew he'd believe me if I told him about the strange guy that suddenly appeared..but..
"I was just busy after I got home so I didn't check my phone. Busy busy!"

I looked away. Hearing noise in the kitchen, I looked over and saw a familiar dark-brown head of hair looking through one of the drawers.

"Luhan-oppa?" I questioned aloud.

And yes, it was Luhan-oppa. Lifting his head from looking at the drawers, he smiled casually while greeting me, "Hey Kayri, ah found them!" He takes out 2 tongs and some chop sticks.

"Ah yes, hello, sorry, I didn't see you.." I look over at Minseok-oppa with an interrogating look. Oppa why did you invite so many people

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter