Chapter 7

- because you fell from heaven -
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh?"

Taekwoon has just stepped through the door, the bright light surrounding him fading into a darkly lit room. A golden haired being in an elaborate white robe, complete with silver and gold adornments stood across from him, a large crystal ball hovering between them.

"There was one more Renewed Soul? Well, come on, step forward." He motioned for Taekwoon to step closer to the crystal ball. Taekwoon was hesitant, but steps forward as the guy looked harmless enough in his shiny attire.

"My name is Jaehwan, don't be mislead by my good looks, I'm a High Prophet, welcome to Heaven, the realm of the Angels." Jaehwan said, flipping his golden locks and flaring his robes.

Taekwoon remained silent, too busy wondering what went wrong when he went through the door. Kris said he'd go to where she was, but she's no where in sight. Paying Jaehwan little attention he soon realized the golden key was gone! And his tattered clothing had turned into a tan drape-like robe, his minor wounds healed. His eyes began to search, looking to see if he dropped the key when he felt a slight tug on his neck. The golden key had gone, but a gold chain now hung itself on his neck with a pear shaped ruby suspended on the chain. Not only was he the owner of a new necklace but a ruby ring, a ruby bracelet matching the necklace and a single ruby stud earring. It appears that the golden key and ruby had merged and split itself into 4 pieces of jewelry. Well, seeing as his robes had no pockets, the new jewelry was welcomed.


 
[ Taekwoon's Ruby and Gold Jewelry ]

"Ok, let's see what job the crystal ball will assign to you. Do you remember the name from your past life at all?" Jaehwan asked him, assuming that he was a 'Renewed Soul' from Earth.

"...." Was it safe to tell him his name? They wouldn't find out he's not really a 'Renewed Soul' and send him back to NaYi'qu would they? Taekwoon didn't know what to do, he thought he'd be on Earth not Heaven! So he decides to remain calm and play along. Maybe she's here, maybe she's in Heaven now? Was the a thought he didn't want to 100% accept.

"You can't remember? It's ok, it'll come to you, and if it doesn't, you can choose a new name. Now place your hand on the crystal ball and receive your wings." Jaehwan says reassuringly at the confused looking Renewed Soul before him. He's done this thousands of times now and it's common for Renewed Souls to have no memory of their past lives.

Taekwoon does what he's told and places his left hand on the crystal ball. Immediately, the crystal ball began to cloud and Jaehwan and Taekwoon watched intently as the clouds rolled within the crystal ball. The clouds began to toil and lightning started to strike within the clouds. The clouds darkened and the lightning flashed violently, to the point where it was painful to look.

Taekwoon wanted to take his hand off, but it was stuck. The room began to shake, rumbling as if it was in a storm.

Jaehwan had a confused smile on his face, confused because he's never experienced such a violent reaction from the crystal ball before, smiling because this means something interesting is happening.

The floor began to shake and the lightning in the crystal ball flashed so constantly it was as if the ball was a solid sparkling light. From the palm of his left hand an intense heat began to burn, yet as much as he pulled, his hand still did not come loose. The heat continued to spread until his entire body felt like it was on fire. Then the room stopped rumbling and the crystal ball grew dark. Jaehwan frowned, he thought something more would occur. When a bright purple flash of lightning strikes Taekwoon's hand from the crystal ball, going through the crystal and shocking his entire body.

Taekwoon falls to the ground unconscious.

 

still the past

The lights flicker on in a small room, in a small house, down on planet earth. The sky is clear and you can see a few stars through the suburban night. A little girl is looking out her little window, the gentle breeze brushing against her warm skin. It's the end of summer and the nights are growing cold.

"Kayri? What are you doing with your window open, not sleeping?" A woman with short graying hair walks into the small bedroom in a night gown.

"No Grandma, I'm watching the stars." The little girl replies softly, her attention focused on the sky.

"The stars? Why?" The older woman has been very worried about her young granddaughter, especially with her peculiar behavior.

"I had a dream Grandma. I saw Mom and Dad..they said that they had to go, and I wanted to go with them but they said I had to stay here. And Mom told me the story about how the stars are souls that watch over us and protect us. And Dad told me to be a good girl. Then they walked into this shiny door.. and I woke up. And I thought, if the stars are watching me, I should watch them too." The little girl keeps a secret as she explains. That she saw a single shooting star and instead of making a wish for herself, she wished that the star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter