Chapter 1

- because you fell from heaven -
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a struggle. His body was heavy, burning with fever, sodden from the cold. Yet somehow I managed to bring him up to my apartment, lay him on the couch, dry him off and treat his wounds. Thank goodness I knew first-aid. It must have been adrenaline, I don't know how I did it. For hours I looked over him, not worrying about the mess I made bringing him up. For hours, I kept changing the towel on his forehead, waiting for his fever to go down. His breathing was uneven, and every time he moved he let out a short grunt of pain. But he was alive.

I was full of questions. Who is he? Where did he come from? Was he a bad guy? Was he running away from someone, and that's why he got hurt? ..Did his eyes really change colour? I studied his face as I wiped the sweat off his forehead. He had silky, long black hair for a man, and pale white skin. A straight nose, and delicate lips. Truly, he looked beautiful, a face made by the gods. I found myself becoming a little jealous of his beauty. Shaking my head to clear my mind, I went back to the kitchen to check on the chicken rice porridge I was making. I hope he wakes up soon.
 


By dawn I found myself waking up at his side. I must have fallen asleep while attending to his wounds. I looked up at the mop and bucket I had prepared. Oh No! The blood! I didn't clean up the blood! I rushed out into the hall with the mop, but the traces of blood from his wounds were gone. Not even a single drop stained the floor. I took the elevator, which was also spotless, and went to the very spot I found him last evening. Gone. Clean, as if he was never bleeding in the first place, there was no trace of blood anywhere. Gone. Suddenly, I turned back to my apartment. Gone. I ran into the apartment, afraid that everything I saw last night was a dream, that he would disappear just like his blood.

*k-cha* I opened the door.

The blanket I put on him lay sprawled on the ground. He was gone.
 


Distraught, I struggled to step forward, when a clatter of noises came from the kitchen. I ran to the kitchen, and he was there, a spoon and some porridge spilled on the ground. He was awake! And hungry! Relief ran through my veins, momentarily forgetting the thoughts of his disappearin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter