Forgotten Season

A Scrapbook Memories

Do you remember me?

He quickly rushed to the fragile figure, sitting on top of the bed while hugging her knee. She looked pretty in her white clothing and a thin brown-colored layer of blanket was covering her fragile figure. She looked lost though, just like a child. She looked so pure and innocent, but at the same time lost. She looked confuse, trying to connect some strings that are long broken.

He holds her hand tightly. Her hands were small, so small that it fits more than perfectly with his. They were cold though, unlike how it used to be. He holds them even tighter, trying to warm her cold fingertips with his warmth. He threw a sweet gaze, gazing to her hazel orbs he had missed for so long. Then, he let the questioned slips of his tongue, his heart beating fast.

“Do you remember me?”

He had that gentle voice, it secured her. His gaze was pleading her to say yes, as both her hands were held tightly by his. Quickly, the silence overwhelmed the two. She did not let any words to escape her lips, as if she failed to find her voice. She looked confused and lost though, it scared him even more.

She couldn’t find it, in her messy strands of memories, she could not find him. She gently shook her head after the long silence, miserably, knowing she would regret ever telling the truth. To her, he was just a stranger, who identity remained unknown, who her heart and brain couldn’t remember at all. She couldn’t lie, despite knowing the fact that she may or may not regret it.

He looked hurt though, seconds after forcing himself to digest the bitter reality in front of him. She couldn’t remember him. She looked so fragile, that crying in front of her might only breaks her even more. Why did she look so guilty? He wonders. It wasn’t her fault; it was his that she could no longer who he was.

“Ah…” He let the bitter smile curved his lips, “I’m sorry. I must have scared you.”

He gently let go of her hand, he did not wish to scare her any longer. It must have been scary, having to remember nothing after a deep slumber, then suddenly a stranger came and act as if he was close enough to her. She must have been scared of him. He should let go of her, slightly more before coming back to her side or else she might run away.

Yet, in the contrary of his thoughts, she did not let go of his. Instead, she quickly reach for his pair of hand and hold it tightly. She looked up to meet his gentle gaze, then turned pink in instant. Why did she do such things? But rather than meeting his confuse and questioning gaze, she found him smiling and his gaze turning gentler, the pain that was reflected before was fading away.

“Please… don’t leave me.”

He was surprised to hear her saying it out, it was rare. She barely ever tried to speak up what is going on inside her head. She often became quiet, very shy and private. She keeps most things to herself. But then, she quickly let go of his hand and cover . She looked shock and surprised, she looked sad. Maybe, because she had just said something that doesn’t made sense? No, it wasn’t because of it.

Her voice sounded very weird; maybe it hasn’t been used for too long. It was cracking and dry, it sounded hoarse and saying it made hurt a lot. She was embarrassed; she didn’t remember having a strange voice. Her used to be angelic and soft voice has changed, becoming something annoying and even worse she found it horrible. She hugged her knee, trying to calm herself down. She couldn’t remember a thing and things are being strange. She was lost in the world of her own.

“It’s… okay…” He was shocked too, but managed to calm himself down and comfort her. It wasn’t a lie though; she would be okay because he will make sure she would.

She looked up, her eyes slightly teary, but she found his smile quite consoling. She once again reaches for the stranger’s hand and hugged it. She truly was a child-like person, a vice versa to how she used to be. She used to be able to read through him so easily, but this time she lost it. She couldn’t find the pain hidden behind his smile, and regrets in his eyes.

“Do you remember who you are?”

Like a child, she quickly brightens up. Things have turned very strange and all of it seems so hard to accept, and this stranger… she couldn’t describe it. But she know who she is, her name, at least she remember them. At least, she doesn’t lose her identity. She smiled so brightly, nodding softly.

“Lee…” then she stops.

Again, her pair of hazel orbs turned confused and blank. Her smile was slowly disappearing. She couldn’t remember. It was somewhere in her grasped, it was so close and familiar, yet she couldn’t grasp it. She found it frustrating and it pained her, not knowing who she is. Again, she tried to connect the strings, desperately trying to find the absolute failure at the end.

“Lee…” she repeated, “Eun… Ji? Lee… Eun Ji?” she gasped, “I couldn’t remember….”

Her hazel orbs looked sad. She stared at him in horror, after failing to recall her own name. It was upsetting, that she quickly hugs her knee and buried her face, he could hear her faint sobbing. She was lost, in her own world, not knowing who she is, who he is, what she is, and what the world is. She was lost in her own world.

“I… couldn’t remember anything…” she cried, “what am I? Who am I?”

The stranger tugged her strands of hair behind her ear, rubbing her back up and down to comfort her. He has that pain in his smile, regrets and disappointment in his eyes. His hands were trembling, but he remained firm for her not to be broken. She was hurt, and it hurts him even more. It hurts so much that he could not cry.

“You’re… Lee Ji Eun. I’m Kim Myungsoo, you’re fiancée.”

She lifted her chin; her puffy red eyes gazed to his. “Kim Myungsoo…” she let his name slips her tongue, yet recalls nothing at all.

“Do you… remember me?”

She shook her head, after the question. She couldn’t recall a single thing and it was very helpless. She was about to cry again, when the man suddenly pulled her to his warm embrace, letting her sobs in his warm embrace.

She was taken away from him, three months ago, abused and broken. She couldn’t see him for three months and he was desperately searching for her. Yet three months later, she was found by the streets, unconscious, broken, and stained with traces of abuse. She had gone through a lot, through deep trauma and violence. And he wasn’t there to protect her. It was his fault that she could not remember a thing, because he wasn’t there to protect her. She has buried all her memories to replace those days of pain and sufferings, and now she had to suffer even more.

He silently cried while having her in his embrace.

“I love you.” She said. 

 


Author Note

No one dies in this chapter! I got bored writing sad endings with characters who died all the time, I think some readers find the same. This story can be slightly confusing, but I won't interpret it here! Since I stop writing strories with characters who died, I hope to see much more comments! This story is particularly lonely, only some drop off to give me feedback. However, I don't feel satisfied about this oneshot. Something seems missing. But I hope, this will still be able to please you all. Thank you! Coming up next will either be Shinee Jonghyun and IU or Luhan and IU!