Paintbrush

A Scrapbook Memories

i. Red

There’s enthusiasm and passion when she dances on stage. She’s vibrant and passionate as she spins around and moves her body fluidly to the music. She’s fleeting and beautiful, there’s joy in the way her red gown float in the air as she spins twice in a row and a remedy of claps afterwards. This is her passion —where she is home — dancing with her stilettos and beautiful gowns. She can feel him in her passion, so slight and fleeting. So, she smiles and spins around once more and her red gown dances with her. She feels beautiful.

 

ii. Orange

The spotlight is a burst of orange. Different shades and sparks, but still orange. It reminds her of silent dusk, when she’s still very fleeting and young. She sat in her balcony with a cup of warm cocoa and she realized she likes to dance. It was summer of five years ago when she first danced on instinct. She danced with her heart and her movements were only messy and frantic but she’s ecstatic. She danced any moves and laughed when she fell on her twice and cried when she dislocated her ankle..

 

iii. Yellow

She always prefers dancing outdoor, when the stage is limitless and there are few spectators and more ‘me’. She likes feeling the sun on her skin, especially on warm sunny days in spring. It’s not too hot and just warm. The yellow sun is always calming. Dancing under the sunshine lets her think of wisdom and freedom. It is under the bright yellow sunshine she is grasping the edge of clarity and it thrills her good. She dances to freedom and wisdom, to better future and hopeful goods. She dances to herself, for herself. She never feels so alive.

 

iv. Green

She only carries a few mementoes about her childhood. It is etched in her brain as blurry mementoes, carved in her heart as fleeting emotion. She’s always passionate, impassioned, but it is only partly true. A part of her is empty with fleeting-blurry mementoes. Her childhood is a shade of endless forest green. It is beautiful but scarily endless. There’s hic-hic-hic of a crybaby girl and a boy (him) — faceless and nameless — and they dance. They always dance. It’s endless green and tears and endless dance.

 

v. Blue

It is fleeting because it is very blurry, feels more of a dream than reality. Her endless green always ends up with endless blue, the blue-blue-blue of clear skies. Her eyes always puffy and tears-streak tracks down her cheek. She remembers crying and she remembers dancing, but when she asks mommy, mommy only said she fell asleep after a good cry. There’s no boy or endless green or dances. It saddens her because it is very fleeting, but the blue skies always calms her aches and her fingers remember all the feelings and she still thinks of him. It is enough.

 

vi. Indigo

Her first fan-gift was an indigo-colored stone necklace. It is beautiful and luxurious, clearly expensive. It reminds her of the late-night strolls she used to take after rough dance classes or nights when she thinks of childhood and firsts and him. It’s beautiful indigo sky and sparkles of stars each time she looks up. She always counts the star even when she knows there’s infinite stars, as there’s infinite possibilities of him and her childhood. And she wonders why there’s so much infinite. She looks up the sky and hugs her knees and asks: “what is infinite?” and in infinite, she asks: “where are you?”

 

vii. Violet

Her dance studio is walls of violet streaks and a mirror. It’s small and cramp, but it is where she feels okay the most. It is violet because they say it is imagination and inspirational, it is beautiful and fulfillment. It’s where she’s a fantasy and the world is a beautiful fairy tale. In her fantasy, he isn’t nameless and faceless. He has this deep brown eyes and silky bowl-cut hair. His smile is gentle and cheeky, she likes his sincere smile a lot, it isn’t handsome but ugly with many wrinkles and teeth but it is so funny and she likes it so much. It bubbles warmth inside her. In this fantasy she creates in violet streaks, she likes to think he has a name: Hyunwoo, Hyunwoo. 


Author Note

So, I've been roaming around ff.net for a while. I found many fics being written in this style and I thought hey! this might help my writing block! So, I tried and I'm surprisingly happy about it. I like this fic a lot hahaha. Anyway, what do you think? Each paragraph is connected in someways, let me know what you think! (I hope it's not too confusing) And... comment.. please?