Hurt

A Scrapbook Memories

His steps were careful and slow. He gently closed the door, heaved a gentle sigh, as he left the luxurious building. The classical melodies could still be heard, gently filling the air of the glimmering night sky. He looked up, his hand on his chest, as he embraced it all. He looked up once more, the sky look prettier; the indigo color seemed to blend well with the glimmering stars. He didn’t look back, despite his lingering feelings that hidden deep inside the building. He didn’t look back, despite his longings to run back to the building to see her one last time.

He did not know where he was about to go or where he should go, but he did know he has to leave. The party was over, for him, for the night. The night was about to end, although the party may still have a long way to go. He lowered his head; his steps were slow and somehow painful, as he took his steps away from the luxurious building. The melodies were distant, turning inaudible from time to time.

It was a mere silence, as he walked along the alley alone. The loneliness creep up to him from time to time, nonetheless he survived. The melodies were distant; somehow it has parted itself from the silence, and followed by the noisy sound of the crickets, in which it doubled the silence. He was hiding behind his façade, hiding thousands to hide. His hands were in his pocket, preventing the cold from sipping in. Instead, the cold sipped in even more.

Click… Click… Click…

He could hear the clicking sound of a woman’s heel from a far distant, but again, he chooses to ignore those. He may be imagining things. He lowered his head, hiding behind his façade, behind his shadows. His pair of white shoes, walked along the dirty alley in the middle of the night, all alone. How lonely.

“That’s unfair!” A woman’s voice yelled from a distant, but enough to reach out to him. How soft and sad her voice was, almost unrecognizable since it was unusual, but enough for him to recognize her lovely voice.

Her lovely voice was enough to put his steps to halt. Time seems to stop for a second – the cold air and the silence, the emptiness and the distance. He turned around, to find her lovely figure running after him. She was standing, barely a meter away from him. She was dressed in her finest dress, with the finest piece of silk one could find. She was a true beauty in her creamy white dress that could only fit her and nobody else. He swears, she was the most beautiful women he has ever seen. She was gasping, after the long run she has just had, to chase him. Again, it was a party and she was wearing her high-heels, chasing him became harder.

“That’s unfair!” She repeated, gasping. “That’s unfair!” Her voice became soft and sadder.

He couldn’t read her expression. She hung her head low, her bangs fall to hide her expression. It wasn’t only him; she too was hiding behind her façade. She, too, couldn’t read his expression. What is she thinking? What is he hiding? Those types of thoughts often passed their mind, but none was daring enough to let out another word. It was the two of them, in the midst of the silence and the distant noise.

“That’s unfair! You keep on throwing you heart to me, and I keep on throwing my heart to him.” She trailed, “that’s… just unfair.” She trembled, “that’s why… I’ll stop looking at him. That’s why… I’ll stop throwing my heart at him and look at you.”

He smiled, despite the bitterness that took over him. He knew she was hurt and confused; she was scared after his remarks just now. He ran away, it was his faults, when he shouldn’t have. She grew worried; he was slightly happy about it, then sad. She was crying right in front of him, yet he could do nothing about it. He took his steps forward, approaching her in a slow manner so he wouldn’t scare her. His steps were gentle, his smile was sweet and warm – it was the gentlest she could ever see. He was a gentleman indeed, the gentlest one could ever find and she was lucky.

“Why is that unfair? It’s okay, Jieun. It’s okay.” He said, his voice was soothing and calm. She sensed his gentleness, his kind heart, and an ounce of hidden bitterness. He didn’t want to hurt her, yet instead of calming her, his words hurt her even more.

“Because… Because… you will get hurt. I don’t want you to get hurt,” she said as he approached her even closer.

“It’s okay. I don’t mind.” He said – again with his gentleness that she always longed and eventually fall for – tugging a strand of her hair behind her ear, as he lifted her chin. Her eyes were teary. She swears his touch was soft and gentle, as if he was afraid he would break a glass which has been broken. It contained fear.

“I don’t want you to get hurt. That’s why I’ll stop. I promise you I’ll stop looking at him; I’ll stop throwing my heart at him and look at you. I’ll start to throw my heart at you.” She said, with pain clearly reflected.

“And what, Jieun? And get hurt? If you do that, you will get hurt. If you are hurt, I will get hurt even more.” He patted her head; the softness of her long brown hair was overwhelming. His gentle and warm touch was overwhelming. Yet those overwhelming feelings grew distant, as they both drifting away.

“I don’t want you to get hurt, Wooyoung. You are precious to me.” She looked up to meet his eyes, which reflected the pain she had just caused.

“That’s why, Jieun, I need you to live happily. Don’t get hurt because of me.” He whispered; his hot breath against her ear. He, then, gently pressed his lips against hers, savoring every moment, as the softness of her lips overwhelmed him. The party will soon be over, he noted, and this will be the last time he will see her. 


Author Note

I'm crying! Oh, what happen to our milky couple?! Wooyoung is going to join WGM, and it's not IU! I'm sad. WooU, I'll miss you as a couple. I miss those dream high days. Still, let's support Wooyoung. Time to stop being delusional I guess... I don't actually feel like writing but... my wooU feels is overwhelming. This maybe the last piece of WooU I'll be writing.