Last Memoirs

A Scrapbook Memories

The soft rumbling noise of the thunder could be heard, softly echoing through the corridors. It was raining outside; the sound of the raindrops kissing the ground could be heard clearly. It was echoing through the cold room, turning it even colder. The soft rumbling noise of the thunder would break the thrilling silence once in a while. The wind would blow once in a while, turning the weather even colder.

It looked like a box with everything painted in white. Everything was clean, in pure white color as it source of beauty. It has it original scent, the scent of drugs and alcohol. Two lovers were lying on the king-sized white bed, with a single layer of white blanket covering their body. The beeping sound would trouble them once in a while, breaking the thrilling silence that was filled with pain.

It was a boy, staring at his girl with lovely gaze yet something about it was very painful. Next to him, was a girl lying with both eyes closed. She looked very petite and fragile, so vulnerable, yet she never fails to smile. Even in her sleep, in her vulnerable state, she was smiling so beautifully. It was a faint smile, created by her pale lips. She was so pale, so thin, so fragile. Machines were attached to her weak body.

When the petite girl flutters both of her eyes open, the blurry scenery greeted her. She felt so weak and so fragile, the world doesn’t seem real. She couldn’t see a thing but pure white color. It felt as if she had just woken up from her fairy-tale like dream. It’s been a while since she felt so peaceful, having beautiful dreams in her sleep. Everything just sounded so peaceful, she was calm, even the rumbling thunder didn’t scare her anymore.

The familiar scent greeted her, the only thing that lead her while her vision slowly turns darker. She could feel her cold finger tips slowly turn warmer, as she could feel his warm skin against her. She let her weak smile turn slightly wider, knowing her loved one was right next to her. She wonder what he was doing, she couldn’t see him.

“Kai,” his name softly escapes her lips.

“Jieun, you’re awake. How does it feel? Does it hurt?”

She slowly shook her head, it was pounding yet she failed to feel the pain. Her body was numb and she was slowly losing consciousness, yet her soul and body, both are very peaceful. Her mind was turning white and pure, her heart was slowly letting go. She did not feel scared, but rather happy. She gives him a weak smile, to let him feel a lot better.

The thunder rumbled again, this time louder than usual. She did not flinch, but instead, smile at the sound of it. The boy’s hand traveled to her silky brown hair, gently caressing it. It soon traveled to her cheek, tracing her pale skin. Again, it felt so warm, so nice; it was slowly singing her to sleep. It has its own magic, as if it was singing her a beautiful lullaby.

“Kai, hold me. I’m scared.”

She has always hated thunder and darkness, yet this time thunder no longer scared her, but the pure darkness did. Her vision was slowly turning darker to the point that her eyelids are closing, giving her a pure sight of darkness. The man hands quickly traveled to her back, drawing circles as he holds her hand tighter.

“Better?”

“I’m very tired, Kai.”

“Just a little longer, Jieun. A little more then I’ll set you free.”

The girl smiled at his remarks, slowly holding on to him a bit more. She loved his scent, as it was the only thing she could sense in her vulnerable state. She could feel his warm breath against her cold-pale skin. There was one thing in the world that she hates the most, other than the thunder and the darkness – it was tears. She could feel hot tears slowly dripping down his flawless handsome face, brushing against her cold skin.

“Don’t cry, Kai. Nothing bad is going to happen. It’ll feel like as if none of this has happen.”

With her last drop of energy, she let her sore throat to create a beautiful harmony. It was a song that somehow has turned out to be her favorite ballad, a song that he’d always sing to her every time he saw her crying. But right now, she didn’t need it; it was him who needs it a lot. For once, before she was set free, she wanted to do something for her.

Baby don’t cry~ Baby don’t cry~

It sounded very sore, unlike how it used to be. Her voice used to sound very beautiful, soothing that it would bring peace upon his mind. It has turned sore, but to him, it was soothing. It was her last requests, before being set free, for him not to cry. It left him with no choice but to stop his hot tears and gives her a last beautiful smile, despite the fact that she has lost her vision.

“I love you, Jieun.”

“I love you, too, Kai.”

And with those last words that keeps on echoing inside his painful mind and haunted his painful heart, the beeping sounds comes to an end. It was replaced by an annoying high-pitched sound that echoed throughout the room – the sound that brought sadness upon a person heart; that brought a huge loss.

Cry, cry, cry~.