Playing with a Heart

⇨Namjoo Oneshots⇦
Title: Playing with a Heart
Pairing: Namjoo x Chen ~ChenJoo~
Requested By: surong-exopink
 
 
ChenUntitled
 
 
 
+picture credits to owners c:
 

Chen and Namjoo have been dating for three weeks already. Chen didn't love Namjoo though. The only reason why he asked her to be his girlfriend was because of a dare. In the dare, he was supposed to ask someone out, and then dump them after a month. Chen knew it was cruel to play with someone's heart, but he did it anyways. Why? Because it was entertaining! He enjoyed playing with Namjoo. His words and actions were insincere, but even still, they caused Namjoo to blush a bright red. Her reactions were priceless.

Chen and Namjoo were on a picnic at the park. They sat on a comforter blanket decorated with different colored squares.They had finished eating their main course of rice, egg rolls, and others. Moving onto their dessert, Namjoo took a strawberry cheesecake out of the picnic basket.

"Ta-dah~ Doesn't it look good, Chenbear?" She asked excitedly.

Chuckling at her, Chen nodded, "Neh, it looks delicious."

"We should-"

Cutting Namjoo off, he added, "Like you."

He smirked as he watched Namjoo blush red. It was fun teasing her.

"Huh? What was that?" She asked in embarrassment.

"Oh, I didn't say anything." Chen denied.

"Hmm... Okay then." She nodded.

Namjoo handed Chen a plastic fork, and used her own to scoop a small piece of cheesecake into .

in delight, Namjoo spoke, "It tastes good. Try some~"

"Feed me." Chen cooed as he opened his mouth.

Grinning, Namjoo scooped some cake into his mouth.

"Mmm. It is good, baby." Chen agreed in satisfaction.

"Told you so." Namjoo said as she continued eating.

Watching her, Chen couldn't help buy find her adorable. She was cute, and maybe he did have a little aomethinnbg in his heart for Namjoo. Though he hated to admit it, This girl whom he was playing with had a spot in Chen's heart.

Unconsciously, Chen dipped his finger into the cake and wiped it on Namjoo's cheek. Namjoo glanced up at him startled.

"W-What was that for?" She stammered.

Ignoring her question, Chen leaned foreword and the cake off her cheek. Placing a kiss on her lips afterwards, he finally answered.

"Just testing out my hypothesis." Chen shrugged.

Namjoo tilted her head questioningly.

"I was wondering if cheesecake would taste even better when eaten off of you. It did." Chen explained.

Rounding her lips into an "o", Namjoo blushed.

"That's quite an interesting hypothesis." She commented.

"I know, babe. Want me to test it again?" He teased.

"No, it's fine-"

"Oh come on, baby~ You know you want me to~" He said as he wiped icing on her cheek again.

"Yah, stop it." Namjoo whined.

Pinning Namjoo down on the blanket, he mehronged.

"Sorry, but the cream is on your cheek already. It would be such a waste to just wipe it off." He said leaning down.

Rolling her eyes, she allowed Chen to the rest of the cream off before squirming from under him.

"Hmph. Whatever. Let's clean up now." She mumbled as she put the food back into the basket.

Namjoo turned around to see if Chen needed help folding the blanket, but instead saw him sitting under it.

"Yah. You're supposed to fold it." Namjoo said as she poked his forehead through the blanket.

Hearing a grunt, she watched his figure cross his arms. Namjoo let out a sigh before pulling the blanket off of him and folding it messily.

"Thanks for the help." She said sarcastically.

"Welcome." She heard him reply.

"Anyways, thanks for today. I'll walk home myself." Namjoo said as she adjusted the blanket in her arms.

"Okay." He nodded.

Chen watched her walk off, and secretly he worried. Would she get home safe? Would she be okay walking alone? She better be. If something bad happened, Chen wouldn't know what to do. Mentally slapping himself, Chen muttered:

"What's wrong with me? You don't care about her. You're only playing with her. You'll break up with her by the end of the month."

But no matter how many times he tried to convince himself that he had no feelings for Namjoo, he knew it was a lie. He was developing feelings for Namjoo, and he couldn't ignore them.

Namjoo and Chen met up again during school the next day. Chen was leaning against the lockers, waiting for Namjoo to finish taking her books out. Once Namjoo was finished, he grabbed her hand, and they walked through the hallways.

"Namjoo baby, I love you." Chen said half-heartedly.

He didn't really love her... But he didn't hate her either....

"I love you too, Chen." Namjoo said with a smile.

Unlike Chen, she did love him, and she was full of truth and sincerity.

Chen smiled back at her, but it was solemn. He felt bad for her. She would be so hurt if she found out---

"Chen, are you okay? You look like you're thinking deeply about something."Namjoo said as she looked at him worriedly.

Chen looked into her eyes, and he was lost for a second. He felt his heart beat rapidly, and his mind blanked out. Suddenly leaning close, he pressed his lips against Namjoo's. This kiss... It was the first kiss that actually had meaning.

When he pulled away, he looked away in embarrassment.

"I'll be heading to class now." He said awkwardly as he turned to walk away.

Namjoo was left staring after him in confusion.

They didn't see each other the rest of the day.

Days passed, and Chen was getting nervous. Today was the day. The end of the month. The end of the dare. He had to break up with Namjoo and tell her the truth.

The truth is that he only dated her because of a dare, but also part of this "truth" was that he truly developed feelings for her over the course of month.

Chen heaved a sigh. While playing with her heart, he found himself playing with his own.

Chen drove to Namjoo's house and knocked on the door. He was going to tell her, and he wouldn't cower out.

Namjoo opened the door, and Chen could see that she was still in her Rilakkuma pajamas.

"Oh, hey~ I wasn't expecting you." She said as she rubbed her nape and let out a shy laugh.

"My house is kind of messy, but come in." She said as she stepped aside. Chen went inside and stood in the middle of her hallway awkwardly.

"You can sit if you want." Namjoo said, leading him to a chair.

Refusing to budge, Chen answered, "No, it's okay. I'm fine with standing."

"Huh? Okay then."  Namjoo nodded before standing in front of him.

"Do you live alone?" Chen asked out of nowhere.

"Nope, my parents are just out on vacation." She laughed.

"Oh..." Chen mumbled,  "Anyways, Namjoo... I came here because I needed to tell you something."

Namjoo blinked, "What is it?"

Chen scratched his head nervously,  "Well, I wouldn't be surprised if you got mad, but I guess it's worth a shot."

Namjoo looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to continue.

"I dated you because of a dare. The dare was that I would date you for a month and then break up worth you. I never liked---"

"Why me? Why would you play with my heart out of all people?" Namjoo cut him off angrily.

"I heard that you liked me, so I took advantage of that fact and asked you out because I knew you'd be easy to get. I know it isn't right but--"

"Why would you do that?" Namjoo asked coldly as tears brimmed her eyes.

Chen felt his heart break a little. He reached for her and pulled her close to him. Namjoo struggled against his grip, not wanting to be near her so-called boyfriend.

"Namjoo, listen to me." He said as he cupped her face, "I know what I did was wrong. I know I shouldn't have played with your heart. While playing with your heart, I found myself playing with my own. I'm supposed to breakup with you, but I won't. I love you now.  in the beginning, I didn't, I swear I do love you right now. I don't want to lose you... even though I don't deserve you..."

Chen felt his heart tear as he watched Namjoo shake her head furiously, refusing to listen to him. Namjoo was crying because of him, and it made him feel crueler than he already was.

"Get out, Chen. Don't talk to me. I don't want to see you ever again." She spat as she pushed him forcefully out of her house.

"Namjoo baby, I---" Chen tried.

"Don't 'baby' me." She muttered before slamming the door in his face.

Chen sighed as he leaned against her door. He wasn't supposed to be hurting... He knew from the start that he would be breaking up with Namjoo, but he didn't expect himself to get hurt in the process too. He felt miserable.

Namjoo was inside of her house, leaning against her door as well. She couldn't believe she let Chen play her like that. Why was she so stupid?

It had been three hours already, and both of them were still leaning against both sides of the door. Neither of them budged.

"Namjoo... I know that you're probably asleep or something, but I don't care. I love you, and I'm not leaving until you forgive me... I know I hurt you. I know I shouldn't have played with your feelings. I'm sorry. At first I only dated you for the dare, but as time passed, I dated you out of true love. Namjoo forgive me. I need you so much." Namjoo heard Chen say desperately.

Namjoo listened from the other side of the door, her anger slowly fading.

When Chen stopped talking, Namjoo stood up and put her hand on the door knob. Slowly opening it, she sat by Chen and leaned her head on his shoulder.

Chen looked at her in surprise.

"Chenniebear," She paused to face him, "I heard what you said."

Chen felt his heart skip a beat when he heard her call him his pet name. He tried to look for words, but he had no notion as to what to say.

"I forgive you... I can't stay mad at you for long because I love you too much... Silly, right?" She said with a soft giggle.

Chen nodded wordlessly.

"Anyways, don't play with a heart ever again, kay Chenbear? It's not nice to break a heart whilst playing with it. Besides, there are consequences." She lectured.

"I know, I know." Chen said as he shrugged her off.

Continuing, she tapped his nose, "And your consequence, was that you fell for me."

"Yah, be quiet." Chen said.

He could feel his face heat up.

"What?" Namjoo asked innocently, "I can't help it if my looks attracted you."

Chen scoffed at her before pinching her cheeks, "You're so conceited."

Now cupping her face, he kissed her lips gently.

Pulling back, he added, "But I love you anyways."

Namjoo wrapped her arms around his neck, "Well I'm glad you do. You better not be playing around with me again."

"Hush baby~ I'm not playing with you this time. I'm a changed man." He said as he rocked Namjoo back and forth whilst hugging her.

"Good." She said as she leaned against him. 

"The next time I'll be playing with you will be in bed once we're married." He added with a smirk.

Namjoo smacked him and covered her face in embarrassment, while Chen just snickered.


Author's Note:
Chenjoo is finished. B l lmfao, I added a really corny sad part in there. that goes to show how bad i am at angst and sadness. orz don't judge me. i warned everyone in the foreword. u n u;
*JaeJoo up next. c: