Friendzone

⇨Namjoo Oneshots⇦

***Starting from this chapter all the way to chapter 23, these are the oneshots from my other story "Countdown" being transferred onto this thread. I have decided to combine the two collections in order to keep things more orderly. All the oneshots from "Countdown" are simpy being copied and pasted onto this collection without any modifications whatsoever. Sorry in advance for any confusion! +++Also, side note: The oneshots being transferred have had their titles changed from "April __" to a more fitting oneshot name. ^^

Title: Friendzone
Pairing: Baekhyun x Namjoo ~ BaekJoo


Lying down in bed, watching the fan blades spin, staring at the ceiling. It was times like these where Baekhyun's  mind was restless. And every single time Baekhyun  found himself doing one of the listed, the same exact person would be on his mind. Namjoo. 

 
It's not that he wanted to think of her. Having thoughts of her every hour, minute, and second was not something he intended. His mind just happened to be fond of her for some reason.
 
I guess you could say he was in love. Surprising, but true. And it just so happens that the person he loves is his best friend. Most of you would comment, "Aww, how cute." When really, it wasn't. It was a problem. It was bothersome.
 
Baekhyun knew that they were best friends, and when you're best friends with a girl, there is a high possibility that she will never like you more than that. Knowing that there was a high percentage of Namjoo not liking him him, he was sent into a state of sadness.
 
A knock on Baekhyun's apartment door alarmed the dazed boy, causing him to fall off of his bed. A short stream of curse words escaped his lips before he stood up to dust himself.
 
Walking to the door, he unlocked it, only to be pushed aside by a petite female who walked in hugging a "family" sized bag of chips.
 
"Namjoo?" Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows as he closed the door.
 
Turning around to look at her, he watched as the female roamed through his kitchen, looking for something to eat. How was it that the person who Baekhyun was thinking about earlier suddenly appeared to him?
 
"If you're wondering why I'm here, it's movie night." Namjoo reminded as she glanced over her shoulder. Baekhyun mumbled a quiet "oh", causing Namjoo to shake her head at him.
 
"Chanyeol won't be coming by the way," she added, "He's busy with something."
 
Baekhyun stayed quiet. Oh, Chanyeol, Namjoo's boyfriend. Another reason why Namjoo would never like him back. She was dating someone. Baekhyun's heart hurt, a lot. 
 
His thoughts were interrupted when Namjoo came out of the kitchen, claiming that he had no good food. She lay down on his couch and began to fiddle with her phone.
 
"So, what are we going to watch?" She asked moments later, rolling over onto her stomach and propping her elbows up, so she could look at him.
 
"You wanted a horror movie last time, so let's go look for one." Baekhyun shrugged. He walked over to her, smacking her on the -- yes, they were that close-- "Move over, I need some room too."
 
Namjoo scoffed and sat up, giving space for him to sit, "Okay, you go find one then."
 
Baekhyun nodded as he sat down, grabbing the tv remote and browsing through the horror on Netflix. He picked one that seemed exceptionally scary.
 
"Wait, don't play it yet. I need to get something." Namjoo said as she stood up and walked to the kitchen counter. Taking the bag of chips she was hugging earlier, he returned to his side. She offered him a nod, allowing him to press play, as she opened the bag and began munching happily.
 
Pressing play, they stared at the television screen. Everything was going fine until it started getting to the scary part.
 
"Ahaha... This isn't even scary..." Namjoo laughed nervously.
 
Averting her attention to the bag of chips, she poked Baekhyun's arm. "Look, the bag is family sized. That means we're a family, Baek." She whispered.
 
"Shut up, you dork. I'm trying to watch." Baekhyun complained.
 
Namjoo only frowned before stuffing some more chips into , chewing loudly to block out the horror movie's sound.
 
"Namjoo, quit it. I'll seriously take those away from you." He spoke in annoyance.
 
"I'm sorry, it's just--" She wasn't able to finish her sentence as she let out a loud scream after seeing one of the scary scenarios enfold before her eyes. She dropped the bag on the floor causing the contents to spill out.
 
"Namjoo!" Baekhyun glared as he turned the tv off.
 
"I'm sorry, it's scary." Namjoo whimpered.
 
Baekhyun sighed as he picked up the chips and set them aside. Pulling the trembling girl onto his lap, he wrapped his arms around her protectively.
 
"No more horror movies for you then." He scolded gently. Namjoo nodded, burying her face into his chest.
 
Baekhyun's eyes widened slightly in surprise, his heart immediately beating faster. He gulped as he felt Namjoo's hair brush against his jawline. She really knew how to make him nervous.
 
"Hey..." She mumbled suddenly. She lifted her head up to look at him.
 
"What, dork?" He asked, his hand reaching out to push her hair out of her face.
 
He watched as the corners of her lips raised into a smile, "You were scared of the movie too, weren't you?" She asked as she pinched his cheeks.
 
"Yah," he pushed her hands away, "What nonsense are you talking about?"
 
"Your heartbeat..." She trailed off, placing her hand on Baekhyun's chest, "I can feel it beating hard. You were scared, hmm?"
 
Baekhyun blinked, dumbfounded. Namjoo felt his heartbeat, and she thought it was beating rapidly because he was scared? He wanted to scoff. Was she really that oblivious about his feelings?
 
He placed his hand over hers as he looked directly into her eyes, "It's not because of that."
 
"What then?" She wondered, her brown orbs staring back at him.
 
He smiled softly, "It's beating hard because I like you."
 
Namjoo's eyes widened, "But I'm with Chanyeol!" She exclaimed.
 
"I know." He replied, his lips curving into a frown.
 
"I can't return your feelings, Baekhyun." She cupped his face, his cheek, "I'm sorry. We can still be best friends though."

"It's fine." Baekhyun laughed her hair, "being a best friend is alright with me."