Crush

⇨Namjoo Oneshots⇦
Title: Crush
Pairing: Namjoo x Kyungsoo
 
Requested By: Chanjoo
thumb.jpgsquishy | via Tumblr
 
 
 
+picture credit to owners c:
 

Kyungsoo... He was interested in Namjoo. He was mesmerized by her beauty. He was allured by her. Although he liked Namjoo, he wasn't sure whether or not he had a crush on her, or if he was in love.

Over Christmas and New Year break, he made a resolution. What was it? It was to get to know Namjoo and to find out his true feelings for her.

As school resumed, the first thing Kyungsoo did once he stepped on the school premesis was search for Namjoo. He immediately caughhgt sight of her rearranging books in her locker. Building up courage, Kyungsoo marched over to her and leaned against the other lockers as he'd seen Troy do in High School Musical.

When Namjoo shut her locker, she flinched slightly as she saw Kyungsoo.

"Hey, Namjoo." Kyungsoo said as he gulped down all of his fear, nervousness, and hesitance.

Namjoo blinked a few times, "Hello... Kyungsoo, right?'

Feeling satisfied that she'd known his name, Kyungsoo flashed her his heart shaped smile, "Yes, that's right."

Namjoo smiled, "We have almost all of our classes together, huh? You're the one who always lends me pencils."

Chuckling, Kyungsoo nodded, "Yup that's me."

"What do you need?" Namjoo asked.

"Well... I was wondering... Do you think we can hang out more? Err... Or can you tutor me?" He asked shyly.

"Of course we can hang out! And sure. I'll guild you." She said as she grinned.

"Really?" He asked, unable to believe his ears.

"Yes, of course." Namjoo laughed, "Come on. I'll introduce you to my friends."

Namjoo dragged Kyungsoo to her small group of friends. Everyone observed him in satisfaction.

"Hey guys, this is Kyungsoo." Namjoo said as she patted his shoulder.

"Ayo Kyungsoo. I'm Kris." A tall male said.

"I'm Bomi." A girl who was rummaging through her backpack spoke.

"I'm Sungyeol." A childish looking guy said.

"And I'm Sulli." The last girl said.

"It's nice to meet you guys." Kyungsoo said with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you too! Welcome to the club!" They chorused in unison.

Kyungsoo felt welcomed, and he was happy that Namjoo's friends weren't the judgemental type.

"I'm going to be Kyungsoo's guilt by the way. If you see me hanging out with him more often, don't be surprised." Namjoo said.

"Ohhhh. A tutor, hmm? I bet you guys will fall in love with each other like in the movies." Silliest teased.

"Aish, be quiet unnie. You're embarrassing him." Namjoo whined as she pointed at Kyungsoo's pink blushing face.

"Mian." Sulli apologized, but she still had a slight smirk on her face.

Seperating from the group, Namjoo and kyungsoo walked around the school campus getting to know each other.

"So Kyungsoo... What subjects do you need help with?" Namjoo wondered.

"Huh? Umm... M-Math... and science? Yup. Science. Math and science." Kyungsoo stuttered.

The truth is, he didn't need tutoring. It was only an excuse to get Namjoo to talk to him... And it worked.

"Oh, okay. Our first tutoring session will be tomorrow after school, okay? Here's my phone number and my address." Namjoo said as she handed him a piece of paper.

"Anyways, I'll be going now. I have to go the library. See you around~" She said as she waved at him.

Kyungsoo just stared at the paper in his hand, a grin on his face. He was one step closer to succeeding in his New Year's resolution.

*The Next Day After School*

Kyungsoo went to the address Namjoo had written on the paper. He rang the door bell of Namjoo's one story house. A middle aged woman opened the door with a smile.

"Hello? Do Kyungsoo, right? I'm Mrs. Kim, Namjoo's mom. She told me you'd be coming. Please, do come in." Mrs. Kim said as she stepped aside for Kyungsoo to enter.

"Please make yourself comfortable. I'll get Namjoo." She said before disappearing into another room.

Kyungsoo observed the house. It was cozy, and there were many picture frames hanging around the house. Namjoo's family seemed to have a close bond, and Kyungsoo liked it.

Moments latter, Namjoo came out of her room. She was wearing a cream sweater and black thighs. Once Namjoo's eyes landed on him, she smiled, and Kyungsoo could feel his heart beat faster.

"Come on, Kyungsoo. There's no time to waste." Namjoo said as she plopped down next to him.

She began blabbering about math equations and square roots and volumes and all of the other stuff Kyungsoo already knew. Although Kyungsoo could hear her talking, he wasn't actually paying attention to what she was saying. He just stared at Namjoo's face as if he were hypnotized or mesmerised. He took note of her flawless skin, her brown eyes, her pink lips, her everything. She was perfection and Kyungsoo could feel himself liking her even more than he used to.

Once Namjoo was done tutoring math, her ad Kyungsoo drank tea and ate chocolate biscuits Kyungsoo thanked Namjoo for tutoring him, and they both agreed that they would have another session tomorrow for science. Kyungsoo then left and went home.

The next day, Kyungsoo came over again. Namjoo was in a baggy t-shirt and black shorts. She taught Kyungsoo about meiosis and mitosis and all of the other stuff he knew. Once again, he paid no interest in what she was saying. He was only interested in observing her. The way she talked, the way she smiled, the way she explained the lessons--all of these simple things amazed Kyungsoo. She was so unique, and Kyungsoo just wanted her...to be his girlfriend of course...

After multiple visits to Namjoo's house, Kyungsoo finally decided that the feelings he had. got Namjoo was not just a crush, it was love. He couldn't ignore the stronnbhg feelings he had for Namjoo no matter how hard he tried. Now that Kyungsoo knew how he truly felt about Namjoo, he decided to face the facts instead of running away from the truth. He would tell her about how he felt.

The next day, at school, he slipped a note inside her locker. He hid behind a wall as he waired for Namjoo to open it and find his note.

Soon he saw Namjoo walking to her locker along with Bomi. Once she oened her locker, Kyungsoo's blue note toppled out in front of her. She picked it up, and Kyungsoo swore he saw her blush before looking around.

Namjoo opened her locker and bent down as a blue piece of paper toppled out. Skimming her eyes through it, she felt her heart beat faster and her cheeks blush.

"You know Namjoo,

You and I are alike.

People may think we're exact opposites, but we're not.

Listen when I say this...

You are like a princess.

Perfect, unique, you are the definition to all of those.

You can please me without trying.

You never accept, but you give.

You are my idol.

You trigger feelings of butterflies in my stomach...

Namjoo, I can't control the way I feel. If you would like a clearer explanation of what I'm trying to say, please read the third word of each of the 10 lines. And if yyou'd like... Please havvfde lunch with me on the roof top.

Do Kyungsoo"

After Namjoo read the note, she looked around for Kyungsoo. Feel inn a tap on her shoulder, she turned around.

"Namjoo, what's that, hmm?" Bomi asked as she pointed at the paper.

"Hmm... N-Nothing unnie." Namjoo stuttered as she laughed awkwardly.

"Mhm. Sure. I bet it's a love letter." Bomi mumbled.

"Yeah. It's not." Namjoo lied.

"I'm just saying." Bomi shrugged before leaving Namjoo alone and walking away.

Namjoo just blinked. Kyungsoo... He liked her. She. felt a joy fill her for some reason, and she fond herself anticipating lunch time the rest of the day.

As lunch came, Namjoo quickly made her way to the rooftop. She saw Kyungsoo sitting at a table near the snap dragon flowers. She smiled at him before taking the seat in front of him.

"I got your note." She said as she glanced down and played with her fingers.

She heard Kyungsoo chuckle, "You did?"

"Yes, I did." She paused before continuing, "I think I like you too."

Kyungsoo felt himself blink in surprise, unable to believe his ears.

"Hmm? Say that again." Kyungsoo said as he stared at Namjoo expectantly.

"Huh? Say what?" I didn't say anything." Namjoo denied as she avoided eye contact.

Kyungsoo cupped her face and made her look at him a a slight smirk appeared on his face, "Liar. Tell me what you said."

Namjoo flushed a tint of red before she shut her eyes tightly, "I said... IthinkIlikeyoutoo."

"Slower please." Kyungsoo said.

"I. Think. I. Like. You. Too." Namjoo repeated.

Feeling satisfied, Kyungsoo let go of her, "Just what I wanted to hear."

Namjoo just blinked as she watched him take bento boxes out of his backpack.

"Let's eat now. Lunch will be over soon." Kyungsoo said as he gave her a set of chopsticks.

Namjoo took them and poked at the dumplings and egg rolls.

"Yah. You're not going to eat? I'll feed you instead." Kyungsoo sais as he held an egg roll in front of .

Namjoo ate it willingly, and Kyungsoo continued feeding her. When they finished their lunch, Kyungsoo smiled at Namjoo, and Namjoo awkwardly smiled back.

"So... Since we both like each other... Be my girlfriend please? I mean... I already fed you like a boyfriend would do... so..." Kyungsoo stopped mid-sentence as he heard Namjoo burt into laughter.

"What?" Kyungsoo frowned in embarrassment as he blushed lightly.

"You're so cute. Of course we can be boyfirend-girlfriend." Namjoo beamed.

Kyungsoo grinned before pulling her into a hug.

Just then, the door to the rooftop slammed open. Sungyeol, Bomi, Sulli, and Kris appeared. Kris and Sungyeol were taking pictures of them hugging, and Bomi was yelling congrats.

Sulli was screaming, "I TOLD YOU SO. I TOLD YOU GUYS YOU WOULD FALL IN LOVE."

Kyungsoo and Namjoo just frowned, "Yah. Why were you guys stalking us?"

"Because we were curious." They chorused.

The duo just facepalmed before ignoring the ers and flirting with each other.

This was Kyungsoo's resolution all along. To realize his feelings for Namjoo,  and to claim her as his. He had succeeded in this resolution, and he was proud of himself.


Author's Note: 
Sorry about the late update. orz I was supposed to post this sooner, but I got busy. I had to study for a history test and I went to church for a religious event Anyways, I'm pretty sure this is my longest update so far. I hope you enjoyed it. c:
 
.
 
Btw, sorry if there are any typos. I always update on mobile. Also, my tablet always changes "Namjoo" to "Manhood", so sorry if you see Manhood anywhere.
 
* Daehyun and Namjoo romcom next chapter~ omg. After making several plot ideas, I have come to the conclusion that I at romantic comedy. . _ . I'm most likely going to disappoint you guys because there probably won't be a lot of comedy in the next chapter. Sorry once again. orz