Confession

⇨Namjoo Oneshots⇦

Title: Confession
Pairing: Taehyung x Namjoo ~ TaeJoo


Don't. Don't touch him. Those were the only words that ran through Namjoo's mind as she peered at her crush through her binoculars. She was hiding behind a bush, watching as a girl interacted with her "bae", Kim Taehyung.

Namjoo's breath hitched as the girl pulled out a box of chocolates from her backpack, presenting them to her precious Taehyungie. "I made them myself." She could clearly hear the girl explain, "I made them for you especially." Namjoo felt her blood boil. Don't accept her, Taehyung. Don't.
"That's awesome." Taehyung replied, "I love chocolate, thank you." He flashed the female his famous rectangle smile, before gladly opening the box and pulling one of the chocolates out. He put the chocolate into his mouth, his eye contact with the girl never breaking. After he swallowed and finished the taste test, he gave her a thumbs up with his free hand, while his other arm still clutched the box. "Tastes good."
He turned to walk away, and Namjoo was ready to sigh in relief--but the girl grabbed his wrist. Namjoo unconsciously tightened her grip on her binoculars as she watched anxiously.
"I like you." The girl confessed. Namjoo was ready to slam her binoculars down, but she caught Taehyung's apologetic smile. Apologetic. Namjoo didn't need to panic just yet.
"I'm sorry," He apologized sincerely, "but the feelings aren't mutual."
Namjoo felt a smile creep onto her lips, and she accidentally let out a squeal of delight. Immediately, she covered , hoping they didn't hear her.
Not bothering to see whether they did or not, Namjoo quickly crawled away from the scene before she could get caught.
---
"Namjoo! Namjoo!" Only now was Namjoo aware of the painful smacks her friend Bomi was giving her.
"What?" Namjoo complained, rubbing on the spot her friend had been hitting her. Her eyes never left Taehyung's perfect figure.
"Why are your clothes mud-streaked? How do you expect to get Taehyung's attention if you go around looking like a mess?" Bomi scolded. Her hands began to brush the dirt off Namjoo's clothes instead of continuing on with her hits.
"I was stalking him, and the soil happened to be muddy." Namjoo simply replied, "I'll capture his attention because I'm the only dirt-streaked girl in the school."
"You'll capture his attention, but you most probably won't get him to be attracted to you looking like that." Bomi muttered, "And would you quit stalking him? Guys prefer a girl who plays hard to get."
"Nuh-uh. That's not always the case." Namjoo denied, "Want to see me prove it?"
"Do it." Bomi challenged.
Namjoo smiled confidently and stood up. "Alright, watch me."
She strut towards Taehyung's direction. Confidence radiated off of her. She would prove Bomi wrong. Taehyung could still like her despite her not composed look.
Namjoo soon found herself standing directly in front of her long time crush. Naturally, the whole student body that was in the cafeteria averted their attention to them.
"Hey," She managed to say.
---
Taehyung blinked. A very unique looking girl was standing infront of him. A twig was in her hair, and her clothes were dirt stained. A dried scar of blood decorated her cheek. (Namjoo received the cut while escaping the earlier scene)
"Hey," She managed to say. The smile that followed along with her statement made Taehyung's heart jump.
"Hello." Taehyung uttered, his eyes still trying to take in every detail of this unknown woman. She didn't exactly seem attractive looking, but he felt drawn to her.
"I'm Namjoo," She beamed, pushing her hair behind her shoulders, "I like you."
Another confession. Taehyung was truthfully tired of hearing "I like you" from random people, but hearing I like you from this girl--Namjoo-- felt different.
Taehyung looked over at his friends, unsure of what to say. They made "x" signs with their arms. Nope, don't accept her. That's what the sign meant. Taehyung wanted to accept the confession though. Namjoo seemed interesting.
---
After Taehyung still didn't reply to Namjoo's confession after what felt like an eternity, Namjoo slowly backed away.
"No answer, right?" She asked, disappointed. "Forget I ever said anything."
She turned around and walked off. Taehyung still stared after her though. "Wait--"
"What a weird girl, right?" Jimin asked, slinging an arm over Taehyung's shoulder. "All the weirdos seem to go for you. I'm so sorry."
"She seems like my type." Taehyung simply replied. He replayed the conversation he had with her in his head.
"You're kidding."
"I'm not."
---
"He said nothing." Namjoo told Bomi. "You're probably right. Perfect hair and adorable clothes most likely are what attracts a guy's attention. I totally embarrassed myself."
"Hey, at least you had the confidence to show him your true self." Bomi tried to cheer her up. Namjoo was really brave.
"Yeah..." Namjoo trailed off, "I think I want to change my appearance though. I want to prove that I can be attractive. I want Taehyung to look at me."
---
*A few days later*
 
"Taehyung, remember that girl who confessed to you yesterday?" Jimin asked.
"Yeah, of course." Taehyung answered, his eyes suddenly looking for her.
"She's beautiful." Jimin continued, "Everyone is swarming around her."
"... What?" Taehyung's mind blanked. Everyone seemed to think she was weird though.
Taehyung's gaze averted to a crowd that was nearing towards him. Namjoo was trapped in the middle. "GO AWAY." He could hear the female yell in irritation. He chuckled. He was positive he liked this girl.
He watched as Namjoo squeezed through the people and headed towards him. Was she going to talk to him again? He was ready to give her an answer to yesterday's confession.
---
God, how Namjoo hated dresses. It brought too much attention to her, when the only attention she wanted was Taehyung's. She squeezed out of the crowd of people who suddenly wanted to become her friends. She headed toward her locker. She noticed that Taehyung was standing near it, but she ignored him.
Boys like girls who play hard to get. That's what Bomi had told her. She walked towards her locker and took out her stuff, not sparing a glance at her cute Taehyungie.
"This is quite a change in appearance." She heard a male voice speak. Namjoo closed her locker, and found herself face to face to Taehyung.
Her eyes widened, and she quickly looked away. "Yeah, I wanted to try something new."
She focused on fondling with the zipper of her backpack, but she could still feel Taehyung's gaze on her. Bomi's advice really did help with attracting boys. She needed to thank her later.
"It suits you." Taehyung smiled, as he grabbed Namjoo's chin and made her look at him. "You should dress like this more often."
Namjoo's mouth was agape. Did he just flirt with her?
"And about your confession--"
Namjoo pushed him away slightly. Nah, she didn't want to hear anything about the confession. She wasn't ready for rejection.
"It's alright. I know you don't like me back. Bye!" She said very quickly as she turned to run.
Suddenly, it was like she was re-enacting the scene she had watched a few days ago. The one where she watched Taehyung reject a girl. The girl had grabbed Taehyung's wrist, but this time, it was Taehyung grabbing Namjoo.
"I never said I rejected you." Taehyung blinked, "Yesterday, you left before I could reply. I'm not letting you leave again."
"I had a twig in my hair yesterday. I'm obviously a weirdo. You wouldn't want to return my feelings." Namjoo said, ashamed. She pulled her wrist from Taehyung's grip so she could flatten down the skirt of her dress.
"The twig made you look cute." He smiled, "I was going to accept your confession, but I hesitated. Before I knew it, you were gone."
Namjoo snorted, "You hesitated. The confession is expired. You missed your chance."
"Don't be that way." Taehyung frowned at her.
"Just kidding." Namjoo smiled widely. "I've been admiring you from afar my whole life, and you're finally giving me a chance with you. How could I not accept?"
Taehyung chuckled, "Right? A chance to go out with Kim Taehyung is a blessing."
Namjoo shot him a glare, "So full of yourself." She muttered.
"Talk to me when you're done being conceited." She joked as she walked away.
"I'm done, come back--" Taehyung called as he jogged after her.

Oh God. Here is another short (and most likely disappointing) update. My updates are getting ier and ier day by day. I am so sorry. I am actually a pretty good writer, I swear. It just so happens that the oneshots I'm posting in this oneshot collection happen to be my worst ones (because I only get one day to write each story). sobs.