At Ease

⇨Namjoo Oneshots⇦

Title: At Ease
Pairing: Minhyuk x Namjoo ~ (tbh what's their ship name? xD )
Requested By: jstfyi


With Namjoo picking at her breakfast in distaste rather than shoveling it down in spoonfuls, Minhyuk already caught on to the fact that something was wrong. The way the female pushed the contents of her plate around with a spoon gripped lazily between her fingers was enough to further prove Minhyuk's speculations. To see Namjoo attempt at making her plate give off the impression that she ate instead of actually indulging on the food was something out of the norm. With the female being the typical food monster that she was, it was clear that Namjoo would not suddenly act this way without reason.
After much contemplation, Minhyuk cleared his throat and spoke, breaking the silence between them. "What happened?" He asked, concern evident in his voice. His eyes stayed settled on the female's glum figure, and he watched as she looked up at him slowly. With a small tilt of her head, she uttered out a soft, "Huh?" as though she had no idea why he was questioning her.
A small scoff escaped his lips at her cluelessness. The fact that Namjoo thought the changes in her behavior would go unnoticed by him was amusing.
"Come on, you're not slick." Minhyuk chuckled lowly, shaking his head. Motioning to her plate nonchalantly, he stated in a blunt manner, "I can see what you're doing, you know?"
The corners of his lips lifted up into a lopsided smile as he watched the embarrassed female drop her spoon in alarm. Her lips parted and closed repeatedly as she fought to grasp onto the right words to say.
Finally, her shoulders slumped down in defeat, a small sigh accompanying the action. Raising her hands up in surrender, Namjoo gave in, "Alright, you caught me." She could hear the male chuckle as she averted her gaze elsewhere. Typical Minhyuk.
"You know you can't hide stuff from me." He informed, and Namjoo was very well aware that the male was right. Having grown up together, Minhyuk practically knew every single aspect to Namjoo's personality when things were bothering her.
She finally glanced at her bestfriend, jutting her lower lip out before speaking. "You're right, sorry." She sighed and raised a hand up to tousle her hair in embarrassment. "I just... didn't want to bother you. That's all."
"Namjoo," Minhyuk's voice softened as he reached over the table to grasp Namjoo's hand. Interlacing his fingers with hers, he continued, "You could never bother me. I'm here for you, and you know that."
Namjoo peered at their hands clasped tightly around each other. Her eyes soon gazing up at Minhyuk where their eyes locked. The male  gave her a sincere smile as he squeezed her hand assuringly, and Namjoo felt all too emotional.
Tears welled up in her eyes, feeling touched to have someone like Minhyuk in her life. After having so much stress weighing her down and keeping her from living her life to the fullest, Minhyuk's comforting words helped ease her heart. She knew she could always confide in him with all her troubles, but she didn't know why she hadn't just confronted him herself when she was well aware that he would greet her with attentive ears.
"Namjoo," Minhyuk's alarmed voice made its way to her ears, and she was snapped out of her thoughts. Quickly shuffling to her side, Minhyuk enveloped the tearful Namjoo into his arms. "Why are you crying?" He asked worriedly as he held her petite form securely in his embrace.
Namjoo could only wipe her tears, mustering a goofy smile at him in response. She was much too overwhelmed by Minhyuk's kind advances to form an actual answer. Squeezing the younger in his embrace, he whined, "Yah, Namjoo." A tearful smile was not the answer Minhyuk wanted, though he was pleased that the other didn't seem to be all too sad.
"I'm just really thankful for you." Namjoo smiled softly, a hand raising up to affectionately touch her bestfriend's cheek. Running the pad of her thumb along his cheek, she giggled quietly when she saw his cheeks redden. Minhyuk was really cute when he became flustered.
"What are you saying?" Minhyuk muttered, unconsciously leaning into Namjoo's touch as his eyes looked elsewhere in embarrassment. Namjoo resulted to patting his reddened cheeks instead before her hands dropped to her sides once more.
"I've just been so out of it lately because of stress, and you're the only one who's really noticed. I appreciate it, Minhyuk." She explained, tears threatening to spill from her eyes once more. She was so very thankful for the male. "When I'm ready, I'll tell you about all of the things weighing me down."
"Well what can I say. I notice everything." Minhyuk cockily answered. Softening up at Namjoo's tears, he sighed. "Okay. And stop crying, will you? You're making me worried."
Minhyuk was relieved that Namjoo was actually willing to enlighten him of her worries, but the fact that she was on the verge of crying again took away from his relief. Jesus, what was wrong with this girl?
"But they're happy tears, and I can't help it!" Namjoo retorted, dabbing at her eyes with the back of her hand.
"Ah-ah." Minhyuk tsked. "No buts. I love you so much, so please stop crying. No crying allowed." He chided as he pulled her hands away from her eyes so that he could rub the tears away himself.
"W-What?" Came Namjoo's surprised response. Did her bestfriend really say those three words? It was really sudden to hear, but Namjoo couldn't deny that she felt the same.
"I said I love you. Even more than a bestfriend." He repeated his words, hands grabbing her cheeks to gently pull Namjoo's face closer. "Why else do you think I'd observe you so closely?"
His eyes searched Namjoo's troubled face, and he chuckled softly when she couldn't come up with a good answer. Leaning closer, he decided to close the gap between their waiting lips.
Sparks seemed to explode inside of her head, and Namjoo felt Minhyuk set her mind at rest completely. The last of Namjoo's stress was washed away by the taste of Minhyuk's lips, and she felt her mind clear up at the new sensation.
A kiss from her bestfriend was just the remedy Namjoo needed to piece herself back together and set her mind straight. Minhyuk was all Namjoo needed to set herself at ease.


This is probably one of the shorter onehots in this collection, but what can I say- short and simple is what I'm best at! cx Also, sorry for my long and unannounced hiatus. I haven't updated in a little more than a year, and I'm sorry for that. :c I'll be updating the next two days though, for I've already finished a few other oneshots. cx
Also, the original plan back then was that in the summer of 2015, I was meant to update a load of oneshots I had written over the course of a few years. Unfortunately all of my original oneshots, as well as my future updates for my other story, "Leap of Faith", were lost when I dropped my phone into the ocean while kayaking. After that, I had lost my motivation to write, which is why I had disappeared for so long. :c But I'm back and I'll try to update whenever I have the chance!