How To Love

⇨Namjoo Oneshots⇦
Title: How To Love
Pairing: Jongup x Namjoo x Youngjae ~JongJooJae(?)~
 
Requested By: shiningbeasts
thumb.jpgInstagramyelps n clicks heels
 
 
 
+picture credits to owners c:
 

Namjoo was on her way to have lunch with her boyfriend, Jongup, at the rooftop. She was happily hugging the bento boxes she prepared earlier that day, and she couldn't wait to show her man what she cooked!

Having no other thoughts in mind except for eating, Namjoo mindlessly opened the door to the rooftop. What she saw afterwards was so surprising that she didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Standing before her was Jongup. And what was he doing? He was kissing someone. Someone who wasn't her.

Namjoo swallowed hard, but the lump in wouldn't go away. Raising up a shaky hand, she reached or the door to close it, but stopped midway as someone came up behind her.

"Hey! What are you looking at?"

Letting out a shriek of terror, Namjoo dropped the bento boxes she was holding, causng a loud ruckus. Looking at the spilled contents of the food she worked so hard to make, Namjoo clenched her fists.

"Way to go. Your clumsiness has exposed us." Her scarer, who she realized was Youngjae, spoke.

Averting his attention to Jongup and the girl he was kissing, Youngjae focused the camera that was hanging around his neck.

"Smile! This will go well for the school newspaper." He called out to them as he snapped a picture.

Awing over how good the photo turned out, he showed it to Namjoo.

"My picture taking skills are amazing, don't you think?"

Namjoo scoffed as she turned around to run down the stairs that led from the last floor to the rooftop.

"Where are you going?" Youngjae blinked as he followed after her.

Earning no reply, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back.

"What?" Namjoo asked impatiently.

"I--" He paused to look over at her, "Why are you so mad?"

Namjoo sighed in disbelief, :I just watched my boyfriend kiss someone up there, and you took a picture of it. How can I not be mad?"

"... He was your boyfriend?" Youngjae said slowly.

"Yes, and if you were in my place, you would be mad too." She said as she pulled her hair in frustration.

Youngjae stayed quiet as he watched the female slowly sink to the floor and begin crying. Her sobs echoed through the quiet staircase, and he wasn't sure of what to do. Grabbing her arm, he tried to pull her to stand up, but Namjoo only pushed him away in irritation.

"Hey, I'm trying to help." He said with furrowed eyebrows, "Now is not the time to throw a tantrum."

Stomping her foot, Namjoo raised her voice, "Help? You can't help. My heart has just been ripped out of my chest, and there's nothing you can do about it, so leave me alone."

Youngjae bit his lip as he shook his head, "Aha. Okay then. If that's what you want."

He began his way down the rest of the steps, waiting for her to call him back for some company, but she never did.

Namjoo stayed sitting on the stairs a little longer before finally getting up. She missed about two periods already, but she could care less. Walking to the restroom, she checked herself in the mirror.

Her eyes were puffy and her cheeks were tear stained. She looked like a wreck, but she made no effort to change that.

Letting out a shaky sigh, she combed a hand through her hair.

"I'll just go home for the day." She muttered quietly to herself as she quickly grabbed her stuff and headed to the nearest exit.

---

Meanwhile, Jongup was at the rooftop trying to reason with Hayoung,

"You said no one would catch us, you idiot!" Hayoung scolded as she smacked Jongup's chest.

"I'm sorry! I didn't think Namjoo would show up today. I thought she had a club meeting." Jongup said as he held Hayoung's wrist and pulled her closer.

Hayoung sighed before snaking her arms up to hug his neck, "Well what are you gonna do then? How are you going to explain our relationship to Namjoo?"

"I'll just tell her I lost interest in her. It's that simple." The male answered as he squeezed Hayoung in his arms.

---

Youngjae's mind trailed away from the teacher's lessons. His mind was set on Namjoo and how she was doing. Was she still sitting on the steps where he left her? Or had she finally decided to return to class?

He didn't know why he seemed so worried. They weren't exactly close to each other, but Youngjae felt a strong sympathy, and he really wanted to help her.

---

Namjoo reached her house and immediately dropped down onto the couch. She was tired from crying, and she wanted nothing more than to sleep. She closed her eyes, but her mind kept roaming with thoughts.

Why would Jongup do that? It was the last thing she'd expect him to do.

Burying her face into the couch cushion, she tried to shake the thought out of her head, but no matter what she did, the scene of Jongup and Hayoung kissing kept replaying in her mind.

---

Namjoo woke up a while later when she heard a knock on her door. Peeking through the peephole, she saw Jongup and opened the door immediately.

If he was going to apologize, she was ready to accept it and forgive and forget.

"Namjoo..." Jongup started.

Namjoo nodded, urging him to go on. She was anxious to forget everything already.

"I'm sorry."

And there it was. The apology she anticipated.

A smile tugged at the corner of her lips, and she was ready to say "It's okay because I love you." but what he said next stopped her from doing so.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, but I like Hayoung now. Me and her... We're together."

The smile faded, and Namjoo's eyes glittered with tears once again. Shaking her head furiously, Namjoo mumbled quietly, "No... No... This can't be happening... No..."

"I'm really sorry, but I'm uninterested now." Jongup smiled apologetically.

Whimpering, Namjoo grabbed onto his sleeve, "Jongup, no... I'm sorry, please don't leave me! Please stay... Please give me another chance."

Jongup laughed a bit as he pushed her away, "Aww, come on. Don't be this way. It's kind of pathetic, you know?"

Namjoo stumbled back. Pathetic? What position was he in to call her that? He was the one who cheated for God's sake.

"But another chance? I'll think about it. Maybe I'll give you one in the future, but right now? Nope." Jongup said with an amused grin.

Namjoo scoffed as she stomped back into her house, "Forget it. I don't want another chance. I'll find someone better."

And with that, Namjoo slammed the door shut.

"No hard feelings though, right?" She heard him call from outside.

Giving no answer. Namjoo just plopped down into her bed and buried herself in the comfort of her blankets.

"Yeah, no hard feelings." She mocked.

---

The next few days, Namjoo didn't leave her home. She had no motivation to go to school, socialize, or eat. She didn't want to do anything. Some would call her depressed, but she would deny in claims that she was just "too tired" or "lazy".

During her tine alone, she would live off of ramen noodles and Korean dramas.

However, once she got tired of the ramen, she lost her appetite all together and stopped eating.

---

"Yah." Hayoung snapped in order to get Jongup's attention. "It's been a few days, and Namjoo still hasn't showed up. She must be taking things the hard way."

"Whatever. Heartbreak is good for a girl. It makes them stronger." Jongup nodded as he doodled in his notebook, "She'll get over me eventually."

---

The next day later, Namjoo was finally able to go to school. Sure, she was still a bit hurt, but she couldn't keep hiding in her home forever.

Going into the independant studies room to catch up on her missing work, she turned when someone called her name.

"Namjoo! You're finally here!" Youngjae smiled, "I've been assigned to tutor you on the lessons you've missed. Let's get started now, neh?"

Before Namjoo could even reply, Youmgjae pulled her into the classroom and sat down.

"Okay, now we can study."

Namjoo listened as he blabbered on abut nonsense, and she nodded occasionally, pretending she was listening.

"Yah, you're not paying attention." He whined as he ruffled his hair, "What is it? Are you thinking about Jongup again?

Watching as Namjoo nodded hesitantly, he heaved a sigh.

"How about I help you get over him?"

The female looked at him curiously, "And how in the world would you do that?"

"I'll act as the replacement boyfriend," He shrugged.

"And that will help how?" Namjoo asked.

"You'll be more focused on me, and less focused on Jongup."

"Erm... okay... Let's do it then." She gave in.

Youngjae smiled as he wrapped an arm around her, "Okay. I'll be a charming boyfriend who treats you well, I promise."

---

Days passed and Namjoo and Youngjae gradually got closer and more comfortable with each other. Like Youngjae said would happen, Namjoo didn't think much of Jongup anymore. It soon reached the point where she didn't think of him at all... As if she forgot his existence.

However, while things were starting to brighten up again for Namjoo, things were going downhill for Jongup.

"Umm, so... It turns out, I don't like you anymore. Sorry."

The same way Jongup left Namjoo, Hayoung left him. She turned uninterested as well, after this new Sehun dude caught her eyes.

"Namjoo wouldn't have left me!" He told Hayoung.

"Yeah? Well I'm not Namjoo." Hayoung reminded.

Jongup argued no further because realization suddenly hit him. "Namjoo wouldn't have left me." That was right! Namjoo loved him more than she loved herself, and if Jongup hadn't screwed up and hooked up with Hayoung, they would have still been together.

Jongup tugged at his hair. Why did he leave her? That was probably the stupidest decision ever in his life. He needed to get her back. And if she wouldn't let him back into her heart, he would be content just with her accepting his apology.

---

Namjoo and Youngjae were watching a movie when a knock sounded through the apartment. Pausing the movie, Youngjae glanced at Namjoo.

"Did you invite anyone?"

Namjoo shook her head no as she stood up to open the door, Youngjae following after her.

Seeing Jongup stand before her, Namjoo shifted nervously before biting her lower lip.

"Namjoo... I'm sorry..." Jongup started.

Youngjae, who was starting to feel uncomfortable after becoming the third wheel cleared his throat awkwardly after putting on his shoes.

"Oh, look at the time... I better go." He said quietly as he pushed past Jongup. Namjoo was going to pull him back, but she decided she should hear what Jongup had to say first. Once they were alone, Jongup continued.

"Namjoo, I'm sorry." He said, reaching out to hold her hands, "Leaving you was the stupidest decision of my life."

Namjoo pressed her lips into a firm line and nodded for him to go on.

"I thought Hayoung was the one for me... But it's only now that I realized it was you all along."

A smile crept up the female's lips as she squeezed his hands gently, "It's fine, I forgive you."

Jongup's eyes lit up as he pulled her into a tight embrace, "So be my girlfriend again, yeah?"

Namjoo gulped, "I-um... I can't..."

Letting go of her, Jongup furrowed his brows, "Why not?"

Taking a breath, Namjoo spoke, "I like Youngjae now... He helped me when I was heartbroken... We can still be friends though.."

The smile on his lips curved into a frown, "Ahh, Youngjae... He must be a great guy then, hmm?"

Smiling sadly, he added, "Sure, friends are fine. Please be happy with him."

---

Youngjae wasn't really far from the apartment because he was too busy kicking at the dirt in frustration. Jongup finally decided to apologize, huh? That was probably what Namjoo was waiting for. Jongup and Namjoo were probably going to get together again, and once they did, he would be forgotten.

Youngjae was upset. He thought he would actually have a chance with Namjoo. He knew he liked her the moment he met her at the rooftop, and after they started hanging out, he thought she developed an interest in him too. He sighed to himself miserably. He felt so empty...

He turned around when he heard rushed footsteps behind him.

"Youngjae!" Namjoo called.

Seeing that the girl was running, and most likely planning not to stop, Youngjae opened his arms, which the female happily ran into.

"Yah! Why did you leave?" She pouted as she hugged him tightly.

"You and Jongup needed alone time." He blinked, "What happened to him anyway? Where is he?"

Namjoo smiled softly, "He apologized... And he asked me to be his girlfriend again."

Youngjae's mood dropped as he pushed her away gently, "Well that's good for you then."

Namjoo nodded as she stared at the floor, "Yeah... I guess... I didn't accept him though."

With that said, Youngjae glanced at her curiously.

Looking up at him, she continued, "I didn't have the heart to accept him."

"Mmm? And why is that?" He urged her on.

"Because I'm in love with you."

Youngjae stared at her with a poker face, not believing what he just heard.

Immediately becoming embarrassed with his lack of reaction, she added, "But it's alright if you don't return the feelings. I mean-- Don't be awkkward with me, yeah? Let's just pretend I never said this--"

Cutting her off in the middle of her blabber, Youngjae pulled her to him, hugging her waist.

"Yah, be quiet will you? I'm trying to comprehend everything, but your endless talking is distracting me." He teased.

"Aish, what a meanie." She grumbled as she hid her face in his chest.

Chuckling softly, Youngjae tilted her chin up to look into her eyes, "I know, I know. And just to make things clear, I'm in love with you too, Kim Namjoo."


Author's Note:
Hey guys~ I finally updated. I've actually been meaning to post this a long time ago, but I got stressed
because of school and depressed because of other reasons. It was so bad that I lost more than 10 pounds in
less than a week. At least I'm back now!I apologize for your long wait. I'll try my best to update again
tomorrow! Please be patient with me, neh? And what do you guys think about the new story layout?
I made it myself~
*** And to shiningbeasts who requested the story, I'm sorry if it isn't good enough. When writing a oneshot,
I tend to rush because there's so many little details to fit into one chapter. Sorry once again! ; ;
*** Luhan and Namjoo up next!