Proposal

⇨Namjoo Oneshots⇦

Title: Proposal
Pairing: Henry x Namjoo ~ HenJoo(?)


"Ah, so cold." Namjoo mumbled as she hugged herself. She was currently at the park where her boyfriend Henry had told her to meet up at. Unfortunately, he still wasn't there.

It was freezing outside, and with every passing minute, Namjoo began feeling colder and colder. She felt that she would probably be frozen by the time Henry came.
"Aish, where is he?" Namjoo murmured, glancing at her watch. She had been waiting for a solid 35 minutes already. She shouldn't be surprised though. Henry was always late. He wasn't very great at keeping track of time.
She lifted her head, scanning her surroundings. Nope. Still no sign of her boyfriend. Namjoo made a mental note to scold him. "Don't be late next time," she would say, "I don't exactly enjoy waiting." And if he were to argue against her, then she would just arrive even later than him to their next date and see how he'd like it.
Namjoo let out a breath, watching as it clouded in front of her face because of the low temperature. She really wanted to get somewhere warm quick. For now however, the only thing she could do was clutch onto the jacket that was on her body.
10 minutes later, with teeth lightly chattering, she dug into her pocket. Pulling out her phone, she googled ways on how to keep warm. Exercise. That was one of the ways.
"Alright, let's do this." Namjoo talked to herself, shoving the phone back into her jacket. She quickly began jogging in place. Unfortunately, she was feeling absolutely lazy, so she stopped barely a minute later. If Henry saw her right now, he'd probably laugh at her. She let out a groan.
Suddenly hearing her ringtone, Namjoo pulled her phone out and checked the caller id. It was Henry! It was about time he called her.
"Hello~ Hello?" Namjoo answered. She was really eager to hear from him.
"Hello, Baby." She heard Henry reply from the other end.
"Oh my god." She crinkled her nose at the endearment. She loved hearing Henry call her baby, although it caused her to cringe sometimes.
"Where are you? Are you cold?" He asked her.
Namjoo frowned, "I'm at the park, but I'm just about ready to leave since you're not here yet. And yes, I am really cold." 
She waited for him to reply, but only silence resided. This idiot. "Yah, Oppa. Where are--"
Her sentence was cut off when someone wrapped their arms around her waist, hugging her from behind. A surprised yelp came out of Namjoo's mouth, and she turned her head only to see that it was Henry. She could hear him laugh softly as she covered her face with her hands in embarrassment.
"Hey," He smiled, turning her to face him. He grabbed her hands and put a hot packet into one of them, "I'm here now."
"It took you long enough." She commented, clutching onto the hot packet as an effort to warm herself up, "I was sure I'd probably die of hypothermia."
"Sorry," He apologized, leaning down to press his forehead against hers, "I overslept."
"As always." She sighed, her lips turning into a pout, "How could you let your girlfriend wait for you out in the cold though, hmm?"
"I didn't realize it would be freezing, my bad. Forgive me, yeah?" He pleaded, staring into her eyes. Namjoo gave him a reluctant nod, and Henry rewarded her with a kiss.
Pulling away from her, Henry grabbed her hand, lacing their fingers. "Let's go to the cafe." He spoke as he started walking. Namjoo only grinned, as she was pulled after him.
When they finally reached the cafe, they were greeted with soft smells of coffee and treats. The warm and cozy aura of the cafe welcomed them. "Ahh," Namjoo heaved a sigh of relief. She was finally out of the cold and in a warm place. But most importantly, she was with her boyfriend.
She walked over to look at the treats that were on display, and she turned to look at Henry. "You'll be paying right?"
Henry chuckled, making his way towards her, "Of course I am. Pick whatever you want, princess."
Namjoo laughed, "Alright, peasant."
"Yah," Henry grabbed her arm disapprovingly.
"Just kidding. You know I'm only messing with you~" She cooed as she pecked his cheek.
--
The couple was finally seated at a booth in the corner of the cafe. A platter of snicker doodle cookies and cups of hot chocolate sat in front of them.
"Mm, so I bet you're wondering why I wanted to meet up, right?" Henry asked. He watched as Namjoo bit into a cookie, chewing happily.
"Not really," She said between her chews, "you wanted to meet up for a date, right--?"
Henry put a finger to her lips, "No talking with your mouth full." He playfully scolded. He earned a glare from Namjoo. "Don't ask me questions while I'm eating then." was her reply.
"Tch. This kid." He laughed. "Anyway, you're partially wrong. I did meet up for a date, but there's an even more important reason."
He took a sip of his hot chocolate, waiting for Namjoo's reply. When he glanced at her however, she seemed to not have heard him. She was still stuffing with cookies.
"Namjoo." He called.
"I'm listening." She said, giving him a nod, "What's important then? The food, right?"
Of course she would reply that. She loved food. However, that wasn't the right answer. The real reason was that Henry wanted to take their relationship to the next level. Marriage.
"Idiot." He murmured before opening his mouth, "Ahhh~ Feed me~" He motioned to the cookie in her hand.
"Get your own." She laughed, shoving the rest of the cookie into .
"I want to be fed though." He replied, crossing his arms. Namjoo scrunched her face up, before unwillingly taking another cookie and feeding it to him. On the last bite of cookie, Henry bit Namjoo's finger gently.
"Yah, bad." She said with furrowed brows as she leaned over the table to hit him.
"Sorry." He laughed, taking her hand and kissing the finger he bit.
"It's fine." She grinned, "You didn't bite very hard anyways."
They stayed quiet for a few moments, both admiring each other. Seeing the way Namjoo looked at him, he knew they were meant to be together.
"Baby~" He said in a sing-song voice. He moved from his seat that was in front of her to the seat that was next to her. He held her hands, caressing them gently.
"Mm?" She hummed, looking at him as she tilted her head.
Leaning close to her ear, he whispered, "Let's get married."
"What?" She asked, baffled, "You're kidding."
"Nope, why would I joke about this? Do you accept or not?" He asked eagerly.
"Well, I guess I do--"
"Great." He smirked, climbing to stand up on the chair.
"We're getting married guys!" Henry announced loudly to everyone in the cafe.
Everyone cheered loudly, and the cafe workers didn't even mind that Henry was standing on the chair making a commotion. Henry glanced down at Namjoo who was blushing madly.
"I hate you." She mouthed in embarrassment.
Just then, a waiter came by giving them a free slice of cake, "Congratulations, guys."
"Thank you," Henry said sincerely to the waiter before looking at Namjoo and smirking, "Look, free cake. You've got to love me now."
"Alright, alright. I love you." She agreed, pulling at his arm, "Come sit now, will you?"
"I don't wanna. I feel very authoritative up here." He laughed.
"Yah, you're embarrassing me." She whined.
Henry just smiled, sitting down and granting his future wife's request.
"Did you really have to announce it?" Namjoo huffed, arms crossed. She faced away from him as if she didn't want to be seen with him.
"Well of course." He told. He placed a kiss on Namjoo's shoulder. "It's good news."
"Hmph." She grumbled, "We don't even know them though."
"Doesn't matter." He stated, resting his head on the shoulder he had kissed previously.
She stayed quiet for a bit as if processing the whole situation, "Where's my ring?"
Ring? What ring? Honestly, Henry knew nothing about proposals. He was a bit clueless about the whole proposal thing.
"Uh..." He trailed off. What to say? He  cut a small circle out of one of the cookies still on the platter, and then cut another circle inside of that. He popped the cookie ring out and handed it to her.
"Here you go." He said with a goofy smile.
Namjoo stared at it, bursting into laughter. "You're really funny."
"You don't want it? Fine." He said as he jut his lower lip out. "I'll eat it then."
"Go ahead." She urged, still laughing. Henry popped the cookie ring into his mouth, still looking at her.
"You forgot to buy a real ring didn't you?" Namjoo interrogated.
"You know me so well." He sighed.
"That's typical Henry for you." She grinned.
"Oppa," He corrected, "Henry Oppa."
Namjoo could only roll her eyes.
 

Story inspired by that Henry and Namjoo moment on real men. cx They're honestly super adorable. Henry's on WGM now though so... cries. But oh welps. Namjoo still has 95line.