Prince Charming

⇨Namjoo Oneshots⇦

Title: Prince Charming (followup of previous chapter)
Pairing: Namoo x Luhan ~ HanJoo
Requested By: Nam_Jiyeon


Great, just great. Namjoo had been rejected by Hyuk which meant that all of her efforts of trying to be seen as appealing in his eyes went down the drain. Silly she was for thinking that the act of improving her fashion and finally beginning to wear makeup would make her stand out— for in reality, it didn't give any benefit at all.

The black eyeliner that she had worked so hard to perfect didn't make her any more attractive. The light blush that gave her the rosy-cheeks look didn't either. And the soft pink-tinted lip balm was also of no use. The lavender dress she wore on the other hand did get him to check her out, but it only held his attention for a little bit— so Namjoo still considered changing her fashion a failure.
"What a waste." She muttered to herself, unhappily. She lightly patted down the wrinkles on her dress and heaved a sigh. "I look so cute today and his feelings for me are still nothing more than a friend." She continued talking to herself softly. But then again, she supposed she shouldn't be too disappointed. After all, she was well aware that it took more than just appearance to capture Sanghyuk's attention. He cared about personality too, and maybe Namjoo's persona just didn't match up with his. Maybe they just weren't compatible.
"I really wonder what it's like to have someone you adore like you back." She mumbled, eyes focused on her new shoes— which were also another attempt at catching Hyuk's attention. She heaved a deep sigh as she continued to gaze at the garment, for they were just another reminder of the guy who broke her heart. Honestly, she wondered why she even jumped out of her comfort zone for Sanghyuk in the first place. Why did she ditch her jeans and replace them for skirts? Why did she try so hard just to please him? She thought she was pretty pathetic.
She was nearly lost in her thoughts, but was quickly snapped back into reality when she turned a corner and bumped into someone. She ran into the person's chest— who was a male she assumed, judging by the lack of protrusion— and she fell back due to the impact. She gracefully landed on her , and she let out a groan of pain.
"Namjoo?" The male, Luhan, asked in surprise. He could recognize the girl's voice anywhere. She was his friend, and his crush after all. He watched as the female lifted her head up to look at him, a slight frown on her face as she rubbed her bum— an attempt to soothe the pain.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you." He apologized, lending his hand for her to take. She gladly accepted the hand, and he pulled her to stand up. She now stood before him, a few inches shorter than he.
"No, no. It's fine. I should be the one apologizing," She told, an embarrassed smiling creeping onto her lips as she confessed, "I was too busy staring at my shoes, and I wasn't looking where I was going."
Though the female may have seemed calm on the outside, she was actually scolding herself mentally. She needed to stop thinking about Sanghyuk and be more aware of her surroundings. 
"Ah, is that so?" Luhan wondered, his eyes traveling down to her feet to see what was so interesting about the shoes. "They look like nothing special to me," He bluntly commented, "I don't see why you'd be staring at them."
"Hey," The female huffed, lightly hitting Luhan's arm. "They're special, okay? I normally wear converse, not lacy flats like these." She informed, jutting her lower lip out to form a slight pout.
The male felt his heart melt at the sight. God, she was cute. "Alright, alright." He nodded his head nonchalantly. "But why aren't you wearing converse then?" He asked, his eyes enveloping the sight of the female's whole figure. Only then did he realize that she had dressed completely different than she usually did. "What's up with this whole new get-up, actually?" He continued, eyes fondly taking in the view of the way Namjoo looked with curled hair.
Namjoo blinked, hearing the question. She felt a lump form in , and she felt tears forming in the corner of her eyes. Why? Because she was trying so hard to forget Sanghyuk, but everyone and everything reminded her of him! For example; Luhan's question.
"B-Because it makes me look cute," She lied, eyes drifting away from his— avoiding meeting gazes. How could she tell Luhan that she actually only dressed that way to attract a certain someone's attention? Certainly he wouldn't want to be friends with her anymore if he found out that she was a try-hard.
"Hmm," He hummed in contemplation. "You're right, you do look awfully cute." He admitted, rubbing his chin. But the female seemed unfazed by his comment, and he felt that there was something off about her. He looked at the female who was obviously avoiding eye contact, and he managed to catch a glint in her eyes. Was she holding back... tears?
"You're lying..." He spoke, finally catching on that the female was upset about something. "You're not wearing this outfit because it makes you cute. You're using that excuse as a coverup. You're hiding something, I know it." He stated, eyebrows furrowing in concern.
"I don't know what you're talking about." The female denied, shifting her weight back and forth from foot to foot. Her actions were strange, clearly giving away that she was being dishonest.
"What are you hiding, huh? Is it so bad that you can't tell me, your own friend?" Luhan frowned at her, clearly displeased by her behavior. What was going on in Namjoo's mind? He wasn't so sure.
"I-" Namjoo started, only to be cut off by the sound of the bell. Thank God, she was saved from the conversation.  "Oh, there's the bell. Talk to you later!" She said urgently, getting ready to run off— only to have her wrist grabbed by Luhan.
"No. You're skipping the rest of school with me today." He stated, pulling her along with him as he headed for the school exit. "You have some explaining to do."
---
"What's wrong?" Luhan asked once they were both out of school. He really wanted to know why Namjoo seemed so solemn, and as a friend, Luhan felt he had a right to know.
"It's nothing, really." Namjoo mumbled, taking a step back from the male. She really didn't want to open up to Luhan and show him her vulnerable side. She wanted to appear strong, even though she was fully aware that she wasn't.
"What a horrible liar." He uttered. Reaching out to hold her hands, he pulled her back to him, only closer than before. He listened as the female's breath hitched from the sudden action. "Namjoo, you can tell me anything. You know that, right?"
The female only timidly nodded as an answer before lowering her head down to stare at their fingers that were intertwined. Her curled locks fell off her shoulders and covered her face as she did so, but she didn't seem to mind. She was too focused on how well her hands fit into his.
"Tell me then." He urged, letting go of one of her hands so that he could brush the hair out of her face. With that same hand, he also lifted her chin up so that he could stare into her eyes.
Namjoo still wanted to refuse, but after seeing the sincere concern in Luhan's gaze, she just couldn't will herself to. "Please?" He coaxed gently, voice soft as he gave her hand a firm squeeze.
Namjoo let out a breath, closing her eyes momentarily before opening them again. "Fine." She gave in, offering a slight nod of her head. "I'll tell you."
The female then proceeded to explain how she had this huge crush on Hyuk, and how she had been doing his homework the past days as an effort to kiss up to him. She explained how she changed her fashion sense as an attempt to appeal more to his tastes— hence the reason why she was wearing her lousy lavender dress instead of her dark-blue denim jeans. She talked about how in the end, all of her efforts had gone to waste because he started dating Hyeri and not her, and she even went into full depth of how the pain of rejection felt like. And before she knew it, she was crying and whining to Luhan about how unfair the situation was and how much it hurt her. 
Luhan only wrapped his arms around the female's waist, pulling her closer to him. He didn't really know what words to say to comfort her, so he expressed his care for her through actions. He felt the female grip a fistful of his pain white t-shirt, as she leaned her head against his chest.
"I'm so vulnerable right now, I'm sorry." She apologized after a few minutes of crying against his chest. "I-I even wet your shirt with my tears. Sorry for that too." And though tears were still cascading down her face, she still managed to emit an embarrassed laugh.
"No, it's fine. No need to apologize." He assured, reaching out to cup her face. He wiped away her tears with his thumbs, and gave her a gentle smile when he caught her observing his face. "Just let it all out." He mouthed.
The female gave him an eye smile, sniffling as she reached up to wipe the rest of her tears with the back of her hand. "I think I'm done now, thank you."
"No problem." Luhan simply answered. He felt he should say something reassuring too, but he wasn't exactly sure what. He rubbed his nape nervously.
"Do you..." She started to speak, her voice sounding confused and unsure, "Think I should move on? Or should I wait for him?" She wondered, her eyes looking at him, trying to search for an answer. She watched as a scowl spread on his face.
"Are you really asking me that?" He scoffed in annoyance. Why would Namjoo still be thinking about waiting for Sanghyuk to like her when Luhan himself was standing before her with obvious fondness? Why couldn't she see that he was the one for her? Why couldn't she like him instead?!
Angered by the female's obliviousness, he began to say things he didn't mean. "You're stupid if you're planning on giving him another chance. He clearly doesn't like you, and most likely he will never. He's happy with Hyeri, he doesn't need you. You're just a nuisance, butting into his love life. Stay away from him, it would be best for you." He said harshly. Only then did he catch sight of then female's face. Pain-stricken, tears beginning to fall again, only faster than before— but he was too angered and upset to care, and thus, he continued with his verbal abuse.
Namjoo stayed glued to her spot, unable to move for some reason. She forced herself to take the blow of his comments. God, she was so upset. She thought Luhan, a friend, was supposed to comfort her. But why... Why did he make her feel worse than before? She clenched and unclenched her fist.
"Enough!" She finally yelled out. She had had enough of this bad day. "You don't even know one thing about how I feel right now! I don't need you adding on to the negativity. I just asked a simple yes-or-no question and you answer with this rudeness? I'm not going to tolerate it!" She forced herself to say. Who cared if her words ruined their friendship? After the things the male had said, Namjoo was sure that he wouldn't be much of a loss anyways. Raising a shaky hand up, she muttered, "I am so sorry, but I feel that you really deserve this."
She shut her eyes tightly, swiftly moving her hand to slap him, but instead of feeling impact on her hand.... She felt an impact on her lips.
Opening her eyes in surprise, she was met with Luhan's face a centimeter away from hers, his lips planted against her own. His hand gripped her wrist, and the female finally understood why her hand hadn't been able to make contact with his cheek. But... Why was Luhan kissing her? She stayed frozen in her spot, feeling as her heart rate began to increase, and feeling the heat in her cheeks arise. Sanghyuk had never made her feel this way before... The male, had his eyes closed as he kept this position.
Moments later, the male pulled away. He was surprised that he had kissed her, but it was the only way he could think of to express his unbearable feelings. He was sure that the female would hate him for what he had done. But when he looked at her face, she had a blank expression. She was clearly in a reverie.
She finally looked up at him, lost. "W-What was that for?" She stammered, her hands patting her cheeks in embarrassment. Her face was red, she was sure of it. But what she didn't understand was how Luhan could say such rude things to her one minute and then suddenly kiss her the next. She felt really flustered.
"Because I like you!" Luhan said loudly, eyebrows furrowed. He earned a snort from Namjoo as a reply.
"You like me?" She repeated, not believing him. "Yeah, your verbal abuse totally shows it." She continued sarcastically, rolling her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest.
"Yes, I like you." He confirmed, "And I got upset, okay? I didn't mean any of the things I said, really. It just came out because I was mad that you weren't noticing me- me who has  liked you this whole time." He confessed.
Namjoo's sharp look softened as he said those words, and she tilted her head to the side. "Really?" Luhan nodded his head.
"I'm not good at expressing my feelings through words, okay?" He huffed with a slight pout. "So I kissed you to show my feelings. Did you feel the sincerity?"
Namjoo's forehead creased as she thought about the kiss, her anger towards him slowly beginning to subside. Did she feel the sincerity? Yes, she did, actually.
"What would happen if I said that I didn't?" She asked rather mischievously. Honestly, she only said that in hopes of another kiss. She liked the way his lips felt against hers. She watched as Luhan hummed in thought before answering her. "Then I would do this," He dipped his head down so that he could kiss her once more, granting the female's wish. Their lips locked perfectly, and their kissing was very passionate.
Luhan pulled away, a sly grin on his face. "Did you feel it now?"
"Indeed I did." Namjoo said, a sheepish smile on her lips.
"Good." He gave her a pat to her head before snaking his arms around her waist, keeping her body between his arms in a firm hug. "So what do you say, huh? Do you like me back?"
"You said so many mean things earlier and you're asking me this question?" She asked with a pout. Luhan chuckled, lightly pressing his forehead against hers.
"Sorry, sorry. Just forgive me this once." He said giving her the puppy eyes, causing the younger to cover his face.
"Alright, I forgive you." She said, slowly uncovering his face. "And..." She mumbled nearly inaudibly. She nervously kicked at the ground— which Luhan found cute. "Yes, I like you too."
Luhan's eyes lit up, hearing those five words. Delighted, he quickly picked Namjoo up bridal style— earning himself a squeal— and began to spin her around.
Namjoo kicked her legs about, "Hey, don't drop me okay?"
"You mean like this?" He quickly dropped down into a squat, giving her the sensation of falling. Namjoo's eyes widened, gripping his shirt tightly. A scowl formed on her face after she realized what happened. "Yah, stop that." She huffed.
She listened as he apologized before quickly pecking her cheek.
A slight smile crept on her lips at the sweetness, and for once, she didn't feel so sad about the rejection anymore. If anything, she were happy, for if she hadn't been rejected, she wouldn't be living this moment with Luhan who turned out to be the one she liked all along.
Luhan made her feel happier than Hyuk, and even better, he returned her feelings too.
"So I guess you're the Prince Charming that Hyuk warned me about." She said beneath her breath.
"What?" The male blinked. Namjoo only brushed her comment off, "Nothing, nothing." She answered, giving him a goofy smile.

A/N: Pretty satisfied with this. Some parts escalated a bit quickly, but that's normal to happen in oneshots. I hope you guys enjoyed! Minhyuk and Namjoo will be the next pairing in the next chapter.
* I have decided to add the oneshots and requests from Countdown into this story just to keep things neat, but I'll still allow you guys to leave pairing suggestions. The only thing is that I might try to prioritize the Countdown requests first, considering the fact that they were all requested back in April. I'll begin to add those chapters either today or tomorrow.
** Also, if you guys are interested in the ChanJoo and HunJoo pairing, you might want to check out my new story: Leap of Faith