Bringing Pain

⇨Namjoo Oneshots⇦

Title: Bringing Pain
Pairing: Namjoo x Kwangmin ~KwangJoo~
Requested By: MrsChoSeungJae

UntitledUntitled
 


It was another day in the Principal's Office for Namjoo. Before you begin jumping to conclusions, no. She was not in trouble. The principal, Mr. Kim, just so happened to be her father.

Mr. Kim often called Namjoo into his office to do some of his work. Not much, but simple things such as organization. He wasn't very good at keeping his workspace tidy, so he often called Namjoo up for help. She was basically his assistant, or little helper. Same thing.
Currently, Namjoo was distributing things such as pencils and pens to their designated cup holders. She liked to have things in order when it came to workspace. She believed it was easier to find needed items that way. Besides, it gave people the impression that whoever owned the clean area had their priorities straight. Namjoo was always meticulous with her way of styling her father's desk. She knew that when she left the office though and came back the next day, she would return to a scene of utter chaos. Her father was never able to keep his space clean no matter how hard he tried. And even though Namjoo knew this, she still put her all into organization.
Namjoo stopped her actions when she heard her father put down the phone, signaling that his call with whoever was over. She turned at the sound of his steps and raised a brow. She already knew what he would inform her.
"Namjoo," He sighed, rubbing his temples, "Another fight seems to have happened in the hallway. Would you go over and bring the people who were involved into my office?"
Namjoo nodded, "Another fight. I'm not surprised. It must be Kwangmin again."
She rolled up her sleeves as she headed out the door, "I'll get them, don't worry." She told her father as she left.
Namjoo walked briskly in the hallway, heading towards the direction where commotion could clearly be heard. She pushed past the crowd, telling the onlookers to disperse. When an occasional rebellious student refused, she threatened to report the student to her father, causing them to quickly be on their way.
When Namjoo reached the center of the scene, she scanned her surroundings. Two boys lying on the ground. One clutching his stomach, eyes closed tightly in obvious pain, while the other boy covered his eye, clearly purplish-black from what Namjoo could tell. A few feet away, another boy, stared down at the two. A slight smirk of victory displayed on his cut and bleeding lips. He walked over to one guy on the ground and pretended to kick him, laughing loudly when the guy flinched.
Namjoo clicked her tongue, hands on her hips as she stared on disapprovingly. "Enough." She said sternly and with much authority. She watched as the guy with cut lips turned to glare at her. Jo Kwangmin. She wasn't surprised.
"Oh, come on, Kwangmin." She groaned, heading over to grip his arm, "Fighting again? This has gone on long enough." She glanced down at the duo on the floor and let go of Kwangmin for a split second, so she could offer the beat-up boys a hand. They gladly took it and stood up. "Head over to the infirmary, okay? And after the nurse is done patching you up, meet me in the principal's office." She glanced at their name tags, "Niel and Ricky, I'll be waiting for you."They nodded and quickly walked away.
A loud scoff brought Namjoo's attention back to Kwangmin. She raised a brow at him, arms crossing over her chest. "Hmm?" She hummed in acknowledgement.
"You're gentle with them, but not with me? Favoritism at it's finest." He muttered, getting ready to leave, only to have Namjoo grab the hem of his shirt. He turned to look at her, annoyance written on his face.
"Maybe I'd be gentle with you if this hadn't been your umpteenth time getting in trouble." She said through gritted teeth, before allowing an angelic smile to grace her lips as an effort to hide her frustration. "Why do you have to cause so much trouble anyway? If you quit this act, I'd finally be able to get off your back."
God, how Namjoo hated having to drag Kwangmin to her father's office everyday. It was tiring, absolutely tiring. She wondered if Kwangmin got tired too. After all, she knew how much he hated it when she interfered in his rough playing. And the fact that she had to get on his back everyday-- God, he must be exhausted of seeing her face.
"Well I like to cause trouble because it aggravates people. I enjoy aggravation. I also enjoy bringing pain upon others. Fights and stuff- this is the life." He said with a slight curve of his lips, "Who gives a about going to the principal's office."
Namjoo glanced at him, "I think you need help. Causing pain isn't exactly something you should enjoy." She gave a firm tug on the corner of the shirt that was still in her hand before walking ahead of him. "Come on, to the office. You know the drill."
"Of course." He chuckled, stuffing his hands in his pockets as he followed after her.
---
"Kwangmin, Kwangmin. Tsk, tsk. Won't you ever learn?" Mr. Kim asked as he propped his elbows against his desk and rested his chin on his fists. He let out a deep sigh as he stared at Kwangmin, awaiting some type of an answer, perhaps an anticipated explanation.
"I've learned." He replied simply, eyes  scanning the desk style that Namjoo arranged, "Nice color coded pencil holders." He teased.
"My daughter Namjoo made it- What did you learn though?"
Daughter? Oh, that explains why Namjoo always had to fetch him when he was in trouble.
"Nice." He commented, "Anyway, I learned that if I get in trouble, I should try not to get caught next time." He nodded, "And if you're wondering, yes. I punched Niel and Ricky for no reason. It was an impulse, okay?" He told, getting out of his chair.
"Bye, I'm done here." He stated and walked out the door, making sure to slam it extra hard.
---
Namjoo's forehead creased as she stared down at the fallen picture frames. It was the result of Kwangmin's unnecessary door slamming. She heaved a sigh and glanced at her father who was in obvious distress.
"Don't clean anything up, Dad. I'll get him and make him clean it himself." She muttered with a frown.
---
"Oww, what the hell---" Kwangmin groaned as someone jumped on his back. He would have nearly fallen, had he not caught his balance in time. He craned his neck to look at the culprit. Namjoo.
"What are you doing?!" He asked angrily, attempting to shake her off, but failing miserably. Her arms wrapped around his neck, and her legs straddled his waist from behind.
"You think you're so cool, huh? Slamming the door and whatnot. That was absolutely uncalled for and disrespectful, you brat. Go back to the office and clean the mess you made, you rude and obnoxious idiot!" She spat, never releasing her grip on him.
"No way! Your office, your mess! Clean it yourself, you lazy woman." He refused, trying to unravel her arms and legs from his body.
"You really want to say that to me?" She asked angrily, tightening her hug on his neck. Kwangmin let out a loud gasp, tapping at her arm urgently.
"Okay, okay-" He barely breathed out. Namjoo loosened the hug in satisfaction.
"What the hell is wrong with you? Are you trying to kill someone-" He asked in irritation.
"I do what I have to." She said and smiled sweetly.
"God," He grumbled, turning towards the direction of the office. "I didn't know someone so little could be so overpowering."
---
"You see this?" Namjoo asked picking up a piece of glass. "This is what you-- ouch!"
Namjoo dropped the glass and stared at her bleeding hand
"Oh my god--" Kwangmin quickly grabbed her hand, staring at it with panic. "What to do... Aha!" He dragged her to the infirmary.
As the nurse began patching up Namjoo's hand, Kwangmin frowned, looking at the nurse with interest. "Will her hand be okay? Will it get better?" He interrogated.
"Oh my, pain, and for once Kwangmin isn't happy." The nurse teased.
Kwangmin, felt his cheeks flush. The nurse was right. Why was he so worried about stupid-head Namjoo anyway?
"I--" He huffed and crossed his arms. "My apologies, I hadn't realized it was so wrong to show concern."
Namjoo laughed loudly. Was he actually worried because of her? She found that absolutely hilarious. "Hey, idiot. I'm fine." She said, flashing him a soft smile as she waved her bandaged hand when the nurse had finished and left the room, "See?"
"You're so stupid." He said, sitting next to her and beginning to scold. "You say I'm an idiot, but look at you. Everyone knows that you're not supposed to touch glass with your bare hands. What are you, a kindergartener? Why don't you even know these basic things?" He rambled, grasping her hand and carefully running his fingertips along the bandaging.
"Sorry." She smiled innocently as she lifted his chin with her good hand. She tilted her head to the side and squeezed her voice into a cute and baby-ish one, "Forgive me, neh?"
Kwangmin felt his heart begin to beat faster. What was happening? Was he starting to like her? Oh god, no.
"Whatever," He snorted, looking away.
"Hey--" She bit her lip before making him face her again. She pouted, "What type of answer is that?"
Kwangmin stayed quiet, eyes on her lips. In one swift moment, he could just kiss her--
"Can you not be cute?" He said instead. Namjoo just blinked in reply, "Wh--" She was cut off when a pair of lips landed on hers.
---
Weeks later, Namjoo and Kwangmin began dating. Mr.Kim however, was highly against it. His precious, sweet little daughter... Dating a bad boy? He couldn't let that happen.
"Namjoo," He called sternly. Namjoo looked up, from dusting the shelves that hung on the wall, "Yes, Dad?"
"Kwangmin. Break up with him." He replied.
The duster fell out of Namjoo's hands, and she turned to look at him, wide-eyed. "W-What?"
"Break up with him." He raised his voice.
"But dad-" Namjoo tried, hopelessness in her eyes.
"Now." He ordered.
Namjoo swallowed hard and nodded. Tears welling up in her eyes. She ran out of the room, only to bump into Kwangmin on the way out.
"Hey, hey--" He gripped her wrists, eyes searching her face for an answer. "What's wrong?"
"Kwangmin, Kwangmin..." She whined, the tears on her face streaming down endlessly.
"What?" He asked, pulling her somewhere private. They ended up in an area in the hallway where people rarely walked through. Namjoo was leaned up against the wall, while Kwangmin stood infront of her.
She wiped her face with the back of her hand before taking a deep breath. "We have to break up..." She said softly, never making eye contact with Kwangmin.
"W-What?" He asked, "You're kidding."
"I wish." She grumbled, tears streaming down again. "My dad doesn't accept us."
Kwangmin grabbed her face, quickly pressing his lips against hers. "Who cares about him. This is love." He muttered between kissing her.
"Kwangmin..." She whimpered, pushing him away.
"We can't be together!" She yelled, stomping away. Kwangmin followed after her, his arms latching around her waist from behind. "Namjoo..."
"We can't, we can't." She stammered, her hands rolling into fists as she began hitting him.
"Are you serious? You're really going to give up on us just because of your dad?" He asked angrily, arms wrapping around her tighter. "Don't you love me?"
"Of course I do! But my dad... Of course I love him more. I have to obey him." She cried, removing his arms from her waist.
"Kwangmin... I'm sorry." She apologized, quickly running away afterward.
Kwangmin sighed, frozen in place as he listened to her retreating footsteps. He let out a shaky breath as his eyes lowered to gaze at the ground. How funny. He recalled telling her that he enjoyed bringing pain to people. But when pain was being brought to him... Oh God, how it hurt.
"Namjoo..." He said her name softly to himself once more, and bit his lip when he felt his heart begin to ache.

Author's Note: Hey guys! I'm back, and I believe it's for sure this time. I'm on Summer Break which means that I'll be able to have more time to write and update. Anywho, I apologize for the long wait. I was writer's block for quite some time, and I also dropped my phone with my stories into the ocean, oops. I hope you guys enjoyed this story, and sorry for the y ending. I wanted to try something dramatic. Turns out, I'm not good w/ drama. :/ Also, I won't be accepting anymore plot requests, because those kinda slow me down, unfortunately. Maybe I'll take some into consideration, but I'm not so sure. I find that I'm able to update faster when I think of the plot/theme/genre by myself. I hope you guys understand! also, the layout currently, so I'll try to change it soon. :)))
Namjoo + Sungyeol up next!