He Loves Me

⇨Namjoo Oneshots⇦
Title: He Loves Me
Pairing: Hyuk x Namjoo ~ HyukJoo

Hyuk was currently in math class, pretending to listen to his teacher's lesson. He was supposed to ask questions and jot down notes on the subject, but no. He was too distracted.

 
How could he pay attention when Kim Namjoo was sitting in front of him?
 
Namjoo was his long-time crush. He had liked her ever since he had laid eyes on her. How, he thought, could someone be so perfect? The way her lips curved into a smile, the way her shoulder length hair framed her face, the way her dimples showed when she laughed... Everything about her was absolutely stunning. No, Hyuk didn't like her. He loved her.
 
"You're driving me crazy." he groaned beneath his breath.
 
Oh, how he wished he could hold her right now.
 
"Han Sanghyuk!" The teacher called. Hyuk's eyes averted to look at the person who had intruded his thoughts, "What?" He asked.
 
"Did you even listen to anything I said?" She asked angrily, hands on her hips.
 
Hyuk thought for a moment. No, he wasn't listening. He would never admit that though.
 
"Of course I was." He lied.
 
"Ah, is that so? Why is your notebook blank?" The teacher questioned. When Hyuk stayed quiet, she ordered, "Rephrase the concept that I just taught."
 
"Umm..." He gulped hard, "Blah, blah, blah. Numbers. Blah, blah, blah. Graphing. Blah blah blah, more numbers."
 
His explanation earned a few snickers from the class, and he smiled. Not because the class was laughing, but more importantly because Namjoo was. Her eyes smiled as she turned to look at him, mouthing "Good one." before she glanced back at the teacher.
 
Hyuk felt his heart jump. He made her laugh. He was so giddy that he didn't even mind that the teacher was tapping her foot in disappointment.
 
"Very funny, Sanghyuk. You better start listening to the lesson now though, unless you'd like to stay and talk with me after class."
 
"Alright, I'll pay attention." He assured her... but he'd pay attention to Namjoo instead.
 
---
 
The bell had rung, and everyone packed up their belongings, eager to get out of class. Lunch was the next period after all. As people rushed towards the cafeteria, Hyuk had stayed and waited for Namjoo out of the classroom door, hoping they could have lunch together.
 
When Namjoo came out, hugging her books to her chest, Hyuk walked next to her. "Hi, Namjoo." He greeted.
 
"Hey." She smiled at him, dimples showing, "What are you doing here?"
 
Hyuk laughed softly, lifting his arm to rub the back of his neck in nervousness. "I was waiting for you. I was hoping we could eat lunch together. Would you be okay with that?"
 
Namjoo blinked, stopping in her tracks. She turned to look at him, her face serious. "No, I don't want to eat with you."
 
Hyuk blinked, trying to process her words. Ouch, that hurt. He opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. He just gawked at her.
 
A moment of silence passed before a grin cracked onto Namjoo's face. She began laughing loudly, pointing at him. "Just kidding, Hyukkie~ Of course we can eat together."
 
Hyuk stared at her, still a bit shocked before laughing as well. "Yah, don't do that! You really scared me."
 
"You should've seen your reaction." She told, "It was really cute!"
 
"Ah, was it?" He asked, looking at the ground in embarrassment.
 
"Mhm. Honestly, you're always cute though." She replied, standing on her tippy toes, so she could ruffle his hair.
 
"Let's go now, hmm?" She said afterwards, linking her arm with his as she began walking.
 
"Y-Yeah..." He stuttered. Stuttered? That was totally uncool. Hyuk mentally scolded himself, "Stuttering isn't very cool, Han Sanghyuk!" But then again, how couldn't he stutter? Namjoo was doing skinship with him. His heart was seriously melting.
 
He smiled like an idiot as Namjoo pulled him to sit with her group of friends. "Here we are!" She announced. "This is Hyuk."
 
"Hey guys, Hyuk's the name." He introduced himself.
 
No one spoke for a while as the group of friends observed him, a sly smirk plastered on their faces.
 
"Nice meeting you, Hyuk. Welcome to the group." A girl, who Hyuk recognized as Jung Eunji, finally said.
 
"Thank you." He offered her a gentle smile.
 
She nodded at him, "No problem..."
 
The friends all began chatting busily with each other, while eating. Everyone was really nice, and Hyuk decided that he could get used to this type of company. That was... Until they began teasing him.
 
"So, Hyuk. Are you and Namjoo dating?" A guy, Lee Sungjong, asked.
 
"W-What?" Hyuk uttered. Dang it. He stuttered again. He looked over at Namjoo, feeling his face heat up.
 
He watched her eyelids flutter, and he noticed how a tint of crimson began to taint her cheeks. Was she blushing?
 
It was Namjoo's turn to stutter now, "W-What nonsense are you guys talking about? We're just friends!"
 
Hyuk felt his heart crack. Just friends.
 
"Yeah, we're nothing more." He added, though he wished it weren't true.
 
"Mm, that's what they all say." Sungjong snickered, leaning back in his chair.
 
With that stated, Hyuk watched as Namjoo frowned. She stood up, quickly grabbing her stuff, "I'll be going guys, see you later." She excused herself, quickly hurrying away.
 
Hyuk glanced at them, irritated that they had teased Namjoo into leaving. He stood up, taking his belongings as well and following after her.
 
When he came out of the cafeteria, he looked around. His eyes stopped on her lone figure, retreating to the school's garden. He quietly followed after her.
 
He watched from afar as she sat on the concrete wall that surrounded a variety of flowers. She seemed to be thinking as she played with a daisy's petals. Suddenly breaking the flower off of it's stem, she began plucking the petals.
 
"Han Sanghyuk loves me," she started, "Han Sanghyuk loves me not." He heard her say.
 
His eyes widened in surprise. They had mutual feelings for each other? Life couldn't get any better. He smiled to himself, still staying in hiding.
 
He watched as she continued plucking at the petals, soon arriving at the last one.
 
"He loves me." Namjoo said cheerily. Her lips stayed in a satisfied grin before she suddenly dropped the rest of the flower down. "Who am I kidding? He doesn't." She sighed, lowering her head.
 
That was when Hyuk decided to approach her. He stopped in front of her, and he waited for Namjoo to raise her head.
 
"Huh?" He heard her mumble before she finally looked up at him. Seeing him, her eyes widened, slightly agape.
 
"So, Miss Kim Namjoo likes me back, hmm?" He smirked, pulling the female up. His arms s around her waist, holding her loosely.
 
"You heard? How long have you been spying on me?" She asked, eyebrows furrowed as she hit his chest.
 
"A couple of minutes or so." He answered, eyes never leaving her, "But you like me right?"
 
She gave a small nod, looking away.
 
He chuckled at her shyness, and he reached from behind her to pull at a rose.
 
"If that's the case, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, offering the rose to her.
 
Namjoo smiled widely, taking the rose from him, "You know my answer."
 

Hyuk was about to joke that he didn't know, but before he could open his mouth, Namjoo had grabbed his collar and pulled him down for a kiss.