Marry Me

⇨Namjoo Oneshots⇦
Title: Marry Me
Pairing: Namjoo x Sehun ~HunJoo~                                                                        
Requested By: Myself ; u ;
💛Tumblr 
 
 
 
+picture credit to owners c:
 

Oh Sehun and Kim Namjoo have been dating for a good six years. They met when Sehun was 17 and Namjoo was 16.  They fell in love and they managed to stay together until now. The end of the year was coming soon, and Sehun decided that he would propose to Namjoo on the first day of their seventh year, also known as January 1st. He wanted their 7th year to be special because 7 was indeed Sehun's lucky number. (He confessed to Namjoo on July 7 a.k.a 7-7) When January comes, will he get rejected or will Namjoo accept his proposal?

It was the week of January 1st, and Sehun was busy planning his proposal. He hadn't seen Namjoo in a while because everytime she'd asked him to hang out with her, he rejected. He told her that he had otherimportant matters to attend to. Although he would feel bad after seeing Namjoo's upset face, he was glad that she was understanding. Right now, Sehun was declining Namjoo's offer to go to the movies.

"Hunnie," Namjoo called. It was her pet name for Sehun.

"What is it?" Sehun asked as he glanced at his girlfriend.

She bit her lower lip before looking up at him hopefully, "A-Are you still busy? I-I mean... If you aren't... Would you like to go to the movies with me? We haven't spent time together lately."

Sehun glanced at her pleading face, "Mian, Joo. I still don't have a free schedule yet."

Namjoo's shoulders dropped, and her smile faded, "Ah, okay then. That's fine..."

"But I promise you we'll be able to hang out soon~ Don't be sad, Namjoo." He cooed.

Namjoo forced a smile, "Okay."

Sehun pecked her lips before leaving.

When Namjoo got home, she couldn't help but cry. Sehun had rejected her offers of meeting up eight times already. The last time they had spent time together was at the beginning of December, and it was already December 27.

Sehun even forgot about Christmas. When Namjoo stopped by at his house to give him his Christmas present, he simply blinked and said, "It's not my birthday." Once Namjoo explained to him what day it was, he smiled sheepishly. He didn't buy Namjoo a present.

Namjoo noticed that Sehun has been acting weird lately. He had never gotten this busy before, and even if he was busy, he always made time for Namjoo. This time, he didn't. Namjoo was getting suspicious. What if he was seeing another girl behind her back? The thought of this made Namjoo cry even more.

Sehun felt so guilty. He'd rejected Namjoo so many times already, and he could only imagine how upset she felt. If she knew the reason why he was so busy, maybe she would hurt less. But Sehun was determined to keep it a surprise for her. At the moment, he was writing his speech on how he would propose to her.

Five days later, it was January 1st. Namjoo hadn't been asking Sehun to picnics or the movies lately. She didn't want to bother him.

Namjoo was at work when Sehun called her.

"Namjoo? Where are you right now?" Sehun asked from the other line.

"Hmm? I'm at work in the cafe." Namjoo replied as she felt a little bit of excitement course through her. Sheun had finally called her.

"I'm going to pick you up, okay? Wait for me outside." He said.

Namjoo's eyebrows furrowed, "But my shift doesn't end until 7:30 pm."

"Aish, whatever. I'm still coming." Sehun stated.

Before Namjoo could reply, he hung up leaving Namjoo dumbfounded.

Sehun was wearing a light blue polo shirt and a bright yellow bowtie along with black jeans. When he stopped infront of the cafe Namjoo was working at, he didn't see her.

"Is she really going to make me go inside and get her?" He muttered quietly to himself.

When he entered the cafe, he saw Namjoo at the register. He walked over to her and grabbed her wrist.

"Namjoo, come on. You're coming with me." He said.

"My shift isn't over yet, Sehun." Namjoo whined as she pulled her wrist back.

Sehun clicked his tongue at her stubborness before walking into a room in the corner in which Namjoo's boss worked.

"Hello, Oh Sehun imnida." Sehun introduced himself.

"Oh! Namjoo's boyfriend, right? I'm Do Kyungsoo. What may I assist you with?" Kyungsoo asked with a smile.

"May you please let Namjoo leave work early? I-I'm proposing to her today." Sehun said shyly.

"Oh! A proposal, huh? Of course you can take her. Good luck~" Kyungsoo said as he patted Sehun's back.

"Thank you." Sehun smiled before walking out of Kyungsoo's office.

Namjoo was still working at the register when Sehun came back.

"Yah. Come out. I already talked to your boss." Sehun told.

Namjoo frowned, but still followed Sehun out of the cafe.

"Where are we going?" Namjoo asked with a slight frown as she entered Sehun's car.

"It's a secret." Sehun grinned.

"Just tell me." She whined.

"You'll know once we get there." Sehun said as he chuckled at his curious girlfriend.

Namjoo just sulked quietly the rest of the way.

"We're here~" Sehun cooed.

Namjoo glanced around. It was the park where Sehun confessed to her at when they firs started dating. Namjoo got out of the car and Sehun dragged her to a tree a few feet away from the playground. It was the tree they used to always have picnics under. Like the old times, there was a large blanket on the grass. Bento boxes were piled up in the middle of the blanket, and when Namjoo looked up, colorful lanterns were hanging on the tree's branches. Flower petals were scatted everywhere, and scented candles were lit around the area.

"Do you recognize this place?" Sehun asked as he glanced at Namjoo.

Namjoo nodded in awe, "we used to have picnics here all the time."

"Yup." sehun grinned, "Come on."

He pulled Namjoo to the blanket, and they ate happily. Sehun feeding Namjoo every now and then.

When they finished eating, they lay down on the blanket and gazed at the stars. Sehun pointed at the constellations he recognized. Namjoo smiling and nodding next to him.

"That's the little dipper." Sehun said as he pointed at the sky.

"Wah, it's pretty~" Namjoo cooed.

"It reminds me of you." Sehun said cheekily.

"Hmm? Why?" Namjoo blinked.

"Because like the little dipper dips into the sky, you dip me in your love." Sehun said sheepishly.

"Aish, that's so cheesy." Namjoo laughed as she smacked his arm gently.

Sehun just laughed along with her.

Just then, it turned slightly windy. The lanterns ran out of battery, and a few of the candles had gone off.

"Wait here." Sehun said as he stood up.

"Where are you going?" Namjoo frowned.

"I need to get something. I'll be back." Sehun said before walking off.

Namjoo just stared at his retreating back in confusion.

45 minutes later, all of the candles blew out except for three. Sehun still hadn't come back yet, and Namjoo was worried. Just then, the wind blew once again. Two candles died, and only one was left. Namjoo reached out for it and tried to keep the fire alive. Failing to ddo so, the last candle died as well, and everything was pitch black. Namjoo sighed and furrowed her eye brows in frustration.

Sehun was watching Namjoo from behind the large trunk of the tree. Once the last candle died, he glanced at the red velvet box in his hand. He changed the battery in one of the lanterns and brought it with him as he walked over to Namjoo.

"YAH. OH SEHUN. I WAS SCARED, YOU KNOW? WHY ARE YOU BACK SO LATE?" Namjoo fumed.

Ignoring her outburst, he kneeled down infront of her, slowly opening the velvet box.

"Kim Namjoo, it's been six years, today being the start of our seventh year. I've loved you ever since you were 16, and I still love you know while you're 22. I promise to take care of you and treat you well. I would like you to be mine forever, and I would like to have a family with you someday. And if you were to accept my proposal, I will be the happiest man in the world.... So... Kim Namjoo..." Sehun paused before looking up at Namjoo, "Will you marry me?"

Tears brimmed Namjoo's eyes as she smiled and nodded, "Yes, I will, Oh Sehun."

Sehun smiled as he felt happiness fill his heart. He put the silver ring on Namjoo's finger before picking her up bridal style and spinning her around. He gently put her down before kissing her lips passionately.

"I love you." Sehun mumbled against her lips.

"I love you too." Namjoo mumbled back.

"And I'm sorry for rejecting you for the past few days... and weeks... I was busy planning this. Please forgive me, neh?" Sehun apologized.

"It's okay, Hunnie." Namjoo laughed as she pecked his lips to reassure him.

"Good." He grinned as he hugged her waist tightly.

They spent the rest of their night whispering "I love you"s to each other and sharing sweet and passionatle kisses before finally going home.


Author's Note:
 Hey guys~ There's my first oneshot. I hope you guys enjoyed it. c: Feel free to comment, request, or just give me feed back. Thanks for reading!