Expectations

Spontaneous Circumstances

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a nice holiday break and New Year's! I'm going back to university next Monday, so here's a little something in light of the new year, and before I leave. I might be able to shell something out before then, but until then, enjoy ^^

 


 

Once Christmas was over, everyone continued on to New Year’s Eve. It was either parties or something fun with the family. Me? Let’s just say I wasn’t big on New Years. Yes, the Earth made it around the Sun one more time, but nothing made the New Year any more different than a normal day.

 

I might have been a bit of a Scrooge, even if Christmas was over, but honestly my family never celebrated New Years. Whenever midnight came around, I would hear the noisemakers and screams from my neighbors across the street. At the same time, I was the one on my laptop doing homework or watching a show on the internet.

 

I had expected the same thing to happen this year, so naturally I woke up on New Year’s eve relatively early and did my business around the house, chores and what not before settling down on the couch for pretty much the rest of the day.

 

What I didn’t expect was for my friend Yoo Mi to give me a call.

 

“Hello?”

“Eun Ji, let’s go out!”

“What?”

“Are you deaf or something? We’re going out tonight.”

“No we aren’t…I’m staying at home tonight. You can go out…”

“No, I am taking you out and that’s it. So go get dressed up and ready before 5, and I’ll come pick you up.”

“But Yoo Mi—“

“I won’t take a ‘no’ from you young lady. So scoot and I’ll see you at 5!”

 

And before I could say another word, she hung up on me. Pulling the phone away from my face, I stared at it for a minute before finally putting it down.  Well, I guess I wasn’t going to spend this year in front of the laptop screen.

 

Wait a minute, what am I supposed to dress up for? Just as I was about to text Yoo Mi, the screen of my phone lit up with her message.

 

Yoo Mi

+ xxxxxxxxxx

 

Dress semi-formal. We are going to have fun tonight ;)

 

Well, I don’t want to know what she meant by that wink, but okay then. Looking at the clock, it was about noon, and I decided getting something in my tummy was probably good before tonight.

 

An hour or two before 5, I began to get ready. Nothing fancy, but I had a knee-length wine-red dress that would qualify for semi-formal. I was already out of my comfort zone, since I never wore anything remotely this nice. My hair I decided would be in loose curls, so I spent the next half hour or so curling that. Face? I just did the basics and hoped that was enough. After everything was done, I spent the rest of the time waiting for Yoo Mi to come.

 

Right at 5 on the dot, the doorbell rang and I gathered my purse and coat on my arms before heading out.

 

“Yoo Mi, I really don’t know—oh…”

 

I opened the door and hadn’t thought to make sure it was Yoo Mi I was talking too. Looking again, I realized that I was talking to a stranger. He looked quite amused to see me talking to someone who wasn’t there at all.

 

“Who are you?”

“I was going to introduce myself, but then you went and assumed I was Yoo Mi.”

“Tch, touché…”

 

He smirked and held out his hand.

 

“I’m Ki Bum, and you are Eun Ji, I’m assuming.”

 

I shook his hand briefly before pulling my hand back and gripped my coat. He was slightly taller than I was in kitten heels, had dark hair, and smooth skin. Although he looked slightly feminine, he dressed up nicely with his dress shirt tucked into his slacks, dress shoes, and his hair stylishly combed. He almost made me jealous of the way he looked.

 

“You would be correct, and I’m assuming Yoo Mi sent you to pick me up?”

“Yes, that’s right. Should we head off?”

 

He gestured towards the street and I smiled, following his lead.

 

“So, care to inform me what we’re going to be doing tonight? Yoo Mi decided to leave out the details when she called me today,” I said after we buckled up in his car. It was a pretty sleek car too, might I add?

“We’re having dinner,” he replied as he started up the car and made his way onto the street.

“We?”

“Yes, we, as in you and me.”

“Is this a blind date, or something?”

“I guess you could call it that.”

 

I looked at him from the passenger seat and he merely glanced at me, a smirk ever present on his face.

 

“Wow, Yoo Mi sure pulled the wool over my eyes…”

“Disappointed?”

“No!”

 

He seemed started at my response. I grinned sheepishly as we met gazes briefly before he focused back on the road.

 

“No,” I continued in a softer tone, “…just surprised, that’s all.”

“Well, that’s nice to know. Here I thought I wasn’t good enough for you.”

“Considering how I barely know you yet…” I let my sentence trail off.

“Ouch…”

 

We both glanced at each other again and chuckled.

 

“All right,” I began after our mirth died away. “Dinner, and then what?”

“Then to Yoo Mi’s party.”

“Ahh…”

“You don’t seem so excited.”

“Parties aren’t my thing.”

“Maybe we can go for a bit and then ditch.”

“You do realize that you’re asking me to ditch my best friend’s party, right?”

 

He turned into a parking lot and quickly drove into a spot before turning off the engine, looking at me.

 

“Yes, but somehow I have a feeling you won’t really mind.”

 

And he slipped out of the car before walking around to my side to open the door for me.

 

“Am I right?”

 

With a grin, I took his hand and stepped out.

 

“Yeah, you’re right.”

 


 

If you watch Tae Min and Na Eun on We Got Married, you'll know why I gave our main character the name Eun Ji ^^ Anyway, I hope you all liked it.

Comment, Subscribe, Up Vote, as usual if you haven't already :D

<3 WinterRose