Hand in Hand

Spontaneous Circumstances

Here's another update for everyone! Please enjoy ^^

 


 

Maybe it was the comfort that resulted from holding hands which made it so desirable to me when I was younger.  My father’s hand, though rough and callused gave me a sense of security, an aura of protection from any danger that might lie ahead.  My mother’s hand was soft and caring, her love clear through her occasional squeezes as she led me along during her daily errands.

 

As I grew older, my urge for such protection and comfort changed. Holding hands with my parents was viewed as weak, clingy, and even insecure. When I did resort to such practices, my parents would give me a look before teasing me. Phrases like “You’re a big girl now” or “What are you doing?” would meet my ears as they gave me a reassuring squeeze before pulling away.

 

Sometimes my girl friends and I would hold hands for fun, but only during some crazy and carefree skipping. We would release our grasps soon after, for fear that if they lasted any longer, malicious comments from onlookers would ensue.

 

A thought crept into my mind as the school days passed, however: what would it feel like to hold hands with someone else? Not a family member, or a girl friend, but a boyfriend?

 

As a child, holding hands with boys didn’t hold much appeal to me. When we had to do so for a game in kindergarten during physical education, their hands would be sweaty and wet, which held no comfort to me what-so-ever.  But perhaps the action would hold some attraction if I held some regard or affection towards a special someone?

 

I didn’t really know how it felt like until that said person came along. His hand, although not as large as my fathers, was firm and gave me the same amount of security. It was just as loving and caring as my mother’s, but it was much more satisfying.  Although at first sweaty, it grew to provide the warmth that I craved. All together, it was everything I wanted, even if it was something simple such as holding hands.

 

I had just gone to throw away our trash before coming back to the bench on which we were sitting. Just as I sat down, Ki Bum reached for my hand and intertwined our fingers. Smiling, I held his hand tighter as I relaxed into the bench, taking in the mall atmosphere.

 

“Hye Mi ya, let’s go check out this store,” Ki Bum said suddenly with renewed excitement.

 

We had been shopping around for awhile, and had decided to take a rest at the food court with a snack before continuing on our spree. Taking a hold of some bags with one hand and then grasping my hand with his other, he pulled me off the bench, scarcely leaving time for me to grab the rest of our bags.

 

“Ki Bum, don’t you think we’ve spent enough for today?”

 

I forced him to stop and indicated to our numerous bags. He just smiled and held my hand tighter as he looked toward me with a happy grin.

 

“There’s nothing wrong with looking, right? And besides, it’s your birthday, so let me spoil you a little.”

 

Pulling my hand up that was in his hold, he placed a butterfly kiss on the back of my palm. I let out a sigh, and gave in with a smile while nodding my consent. Seeing he had my permission, he led the way with his hand still warm and protective around mine.

 


 

Thank you for reading, and as always, please please please! Subscribe, comment, and up vote :)

<3 WinterRose