Perfection

Spontaneous Circumstances

Two updates in one day, boy am I excited ^^ Enjoy!

 


 

No one is every truly perfect. Even the most amiable and beautiful of people have flaws and dark secrets. In fact, those who seem perfect maybe have the most to hide, for fear of rejection and ridicule.

 

Perfection aside, everyone has flaws, me included.  For one, I was short. Standing at 5’1’’, I was often times made fun of for my height. As I grew older, it was more of a friendly tease, but I learned to accept that no amount of calcium would help me grow once I hit my prime.

 

 For another, I had a short temper. My mother always scolded me for not staying calm and collected, like she thought a “girl” should be.  “You will never find a husband with that kind of attitude”. That just got me even more angry, which was again a result of my temper.  Of course, my mother was right, and I did think that it would benefit me to curb my outbursts. But somehow, that was as if I was changing myself, as if I was hiding a part of me.  Besides, why was I to change myself for a future spouse?

 

Fast forward a couple of years and I learned to be more aware of my actions and words. Everything thing had its own effect, and it wouldn’t do to offend others.

 

To name another flaw, I was considered to be plain. Perhaps this wasn’t exactly a flaw, but I knew I wasn’t pretty. I don’t know if that was a result of society’s expectations, or my low self-esteem. I didn’t consider myself particularly smart either, though I was hard-working. I didn’t dwell on these too much, because they were things I came to accept.

 

When I met him, I didn’t think he was perfect either. Although at first quiet and shy, I learned that he could be quite the talker when comfortable with his friends. He joked almost a little too much for my taste. His temper during video games, or sports on t.v. was formidable, scary even.  His competitive streak was also something else.

 

Despite these flaws, I found myself growing more attracted to him as the days went by. He was fiercely loyal to his friends, a fabulous cook, and got along well with children. His smiles lit up the room and he wasn’t bad looking either; quite the contrary. He was tall, athletic, and had soft brown hair that ever-so-slightly waved at the ends.

 

I didn’t expect much out of my infatuation with him then, and I certainly didn’t expect what it would lead to today. Fate worked in the mysterious of ways.

 

His flaws no longer were highlighted to me as they were in the past. They had almost disappeared, and had become quirks that I embraced.  They say no one is truly perfect until you love them. I guess I can say now that maybe perfection does exist. He was perfect in every way and I could hardly fault him knowing my own flaws. He told me he refused to find any flaws in me either, and I was fine with that. We were on equal ground.

 

Yes, sometimes our temper got the best of ourselves and clashed, or sometimes his jokes and constant chatter interrupted my need for peace and quiet. Sometimes my serious manner coincided with his and it would take awhile before one of us relented due to our stubbornness.

 

“Yoo Mi ah!”

“Yes, yeobo?”

“Didn’t you hear me?”

“Yes, but I’m choosing to ignore you.”

“You do know that I love you, right?”

 

I held back a grin as I put the last of my things in my carry on and closed it. I took a quick look around to check if I forgot anything before carrying my bag, and rolling out my small suitcase into the living room as well.

 

“I would hope so. You did marry me after all.”

“And you do know that that I only want the best for you, right?”

“I believe so, yes.”

“Then why won’t you listen to me?”

 

I placed my bags near the doorway and stood up straight looking at him.

 

“Choi Min Ho!”

 

His pout turned into a bewildered expression, and I couldn’t help but grin this time before leaning up to kiss him on the lips. Pulling back, I reached for his hands.

 

“Honey, I’ll only be gone for a couple of days, and then I’ll be back in your hair before you know it!”

“But..!”

“No buts. I have to do this for work, and I can’t just decline the day I’m supposed to fly out.”

“I say it’s an emergency. Husband distress is quite dangerous, fatal even.”

“Yeobo,” I said with a stern face. His face dropped and he let out a sigh.

“All right… but I expect a call right when you land.”

“I promise. Love you,” I said before leaning in for another kiss.
“Me too,” he murmured before his lips met mine.

 

With a lingering kiss, I left the house and headed towards the airport in a taxi. Only a few minutes after leaving the driveway, I received a text and wasn’t surprised to see who it was from.

 

Yeobo <3

+XXX-XXX-XXXX

9:14 am, Jul 10

 

I miss you already <33333

 

Perfection indeed.

 


 

Please comment, subscribe, and up vote!

<3 WinterRose