4-2

Battle of The Richest

(Daehyun’s POV)

 

I woke up in my bed with a splitting headache. A groan escaped my lips as I clutched my forehead.

My eyes quickly drifted over to Youngjae who was sleeping soundly in his bed.

I let out a huff of annoyance as I threw on a pair of black sweatpants.

The cold air nipped at my bare chest but I didn’t care.

Why couldn’t I remember what happened last night?

I remember seeing Youngjae and Sunhwa dancing together but that’s the last thing I can remember.

A soft knock on the door interrupted me from my thoughts.

I crept over to the door and opened it to find Sunhwa staring at me with concern.

“Rough night last night?” She questioned.

“I guess so. I don’t remember it.” I shrugged.

“I see. I’m here for Youngjae. We’re supposed to go out for breakfast before class.” Sunhwa said happily.

“Yeah.” I mumbled.

I walked over to Youngjae’s bed and leaned down next to his face. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping.

His hair was plastered over his face and the quietest of snores escaped his lips. Smack.

He shot up out of his bed and cupped his cheek in his hand.

“Good, you’re awake now. Sunhwa is here for you.” I smirked.

I heard him grumble something to me as he made a dash for the bathroom.

“That wasn’t very nice you know.” Sunhwa nagged as she walked up to me.

“I know.”

“Why are you so mean to him? He hasn’t done a single bad thing to you.” She stated as she folded her arms.

“Because he’s so easy to mess with. I mean it’s not like anyone actually wants him here anyway.” I said harshly.

“That’s not true! I want him here.” Sunhwa defended.

“Well of course you would. Worthless people have to stick together, right?” I smirked.

Sunhwa had tears streaming down her face as she bolted out of the dorm room.

I continued to wear my smirk of victory as I went to throw on my school uniform.

Youngjae came out of the bathroom dressed in his uniform and shaking his damp hair that was plastered across his face.

“Do you always look this disgusting or is it only when you’re around me?” I questioned in a disgusting tone.

“Drop the act Daehyun. Nobody else is around so you don’t have to keep this charade going.” Youngjae frowned.

“Whatever. You can get out now.” I said harshly.

Youngjae slowly shook his head before he walked slowly past me.

“You take too long.” I mumbled as I harshly grabbed Youngjae by his wrist and dragged him out of the room before slamming the door shut behind me.

“You’re hurting me.” Youngjae said weakly as he clutched his now reddened wrist.

“Like I care. Just get to your classes. I can’t stand to look at you.” I snarled.

Youngjae took off without another word down the hallway.

I watched Youngjae walk away from me with a saddened expression across my face.

Perhaps I had been too harsh on Youngjae and Sunhwa.

Who could blame me though? I wasn’t the nicest person when I had a hangover. Everyone knew that.

 

 

I practically beat down Jieun’s door before she roughly pulled it open to reveal a crying Sunhwa sitting on her bed.

“You better be here to apologize Daehyun because if you’re not then I swear your parents will hear about this.” Jieun said in a threatening tone.

“Right.” I said as he walked up to Sunhwa.

Guilt flooded through me like an endless river as I stared at Sunhwa who was now wiping the tears from her cheeks.

I bent down at eye level and grabbed both of Sunhwa’s hands in mine.

“Sunhwa, I am so sorry for what I said earlier. I didn’t mean any of it. Is there any way I can make up for what I did to you?” I said in my most sincere voice.

“Yes. There is one thing.” Sunhwa sniffled.

“Anything. I’ll do anything.” I muttered softly.

“Try being nice to Youngjae. He’s not a bad person at all. Give him a chance. Please. For me?” Sunhwa pleaded.

“I’ll try but I make no promises.” I stated.

Sunhwa just smiled and nodded at me.

Trying and actually doing something were two completely different things.

I would try to give Youngjae a chance, but I never said I would do it.

 

 

Classes were done for the day but the heavy downpour of rain caused all after school activities to be cancelled.

I walked across campus carrying my red umbrella in my hand when I spotted a familiar figure standing under the pavilion.

I approached him carefully and looked at him.

“Didn’t you bring an umbrella?” I asked him quietly.

“No. I left mine back at the dorm since someone dragged me out of it this morning.” He said in a smart- tone.

“Right. Sorry about that. Want to use mine?” I suggested.

Youngjae’s eyes widened as he continued to stare at me with his mouth agape.

“What? What is it? Stop staring at me like that. It’s creepy.” I said as I shivered.

“Are you bipolar or something? These mood swings of yours are a bit much sometimes.” Youngjae said quietly.

“I just have a lot going on right now. Things that you wouldn’t understand.” I said weakly.

“I would if you tell me. Let me help you, please.” Youngjae pleaded.

“No.” I said flatly.

“Why not?”

“You never give up do you?” I questioned.

“Never.” Youngjae said as he slowly shook his head.

“Don’t get involved with things you don’t understand.” I mumbled.

“Then help me understand.” Youngjae said as he placed a gentle hand on my shoulder.

“No. I’m not some charity case or some puzzle for you to solve. I’m a human being so stop treating me like this. Don’t get involved.” I said harshly as I walked off leaving a gaping Youngjae behind me in the pouring rain.

The more perfect a thing is, the more susceptible to good and bad treatment it is.” -Dante Alighieri


A/N: I apologize for making Daehyun the biggest (excuse my language) on this planet. This story is going to get interesting. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, and voting up this story. I appreciate the support!! ^_^