1

Battle of The Richest

“Youngjae darling, wake up or you’ll be late for your first day at your new school.” Mom said behind my closed door.

I internally groaned at her as I slowly sat up in my bed. I yawned and stretched my tired muscles before I slid my feet into my comfortable pair of yellow house slippers.

I stood up and walked over to my closet door and grabbed my black silk robe off the hanger before putting it on.

When I headed out of my room I made my way down to the dining area where breakfast was being served. My mother was busy chopping some fresh strawberries along with our housekeeper and my former nanny, Bomi.

“So are you ready to start your first day at your new school? I’ve heard such wonderful things about this school, and I’m sure the dorms there will be wonderful.” Mom said happily as she scrapped the cut strawberries into a small dish.

“I guess so. Why did I have to switch schools though? I really liked my old one. Plus, it’s my senior year.” I grumbled as I slid into a dining chair.

“Darling, we’ve already discussed this. Those people at your old school were not good for you. They were such a bad influence, and this school will have you much closer to home. Besides, this is the most prestigious school in all of Seoul so try to make the most of it for me.” Mom stated as she made a childish pouty face.

I started to chuckle at her a little bit. She just giggled at me and placed a plate of fluffy pancakes in front of me that had strawberries and syrup on it.

My mom and I didn’t have the typical mother and son type relationship. People always mistake us for brother and sister because she doesn’t look her age. She has creamy skin like me, long and slender legs, flawless skin that shows no sign of wrinkles, chocolate doe eyes, a button nose, naturally pouty pink lips, and long auburn hair that hangs in loose curls. I always hear people tell us how much alike we look, but I don’t really see it.

One thing that I loved about my mom was how kind hearted she is. She never asks for anything, and puts others first before herself. She is a very hard-worker and dedicated to her job. She always goes out of her way to help those in need.

When my father passed away ten years ago my mother inherited his company. She runs the company just like he did and people always praise her for her hard work and dedication. The company holds one of the top spots as being the most successful company in Korea. This company called Yoo Circuitry buys and sells electronic parts used in some of the most popular brand name stuff for cheap prices. However, there is another company called Jung Electronics that happens to do the same thing as our company but for an even cheaper price. Apparently they are our rival company since they hold the top spot for the most successful company in Korea, and we hold the second spot.

I quickly scarfed down my breakfast before heading back to my room to get dressed.

I opened my closet door and grabbed the school uniform that I would be wearing for the year.

The uniform was a plain white under shirt, a black tie with royal purple stripes, a royal purple sweater, solid black dress pants, and black dress shoes with a royal purple stripe along the sides.

On the sweater was the golden emblem of a sea lion and the acronym S.E.A. written in bold black letters.

I quickly changed into my uniform before my mom knocked on my bedroom door.

“Jae, the chauffeur is here. Would you like him to get your bags for you?” Mom asked as she slowly opened my bedroom door and poked her head in.

“No thanks. I can carry them myself.” I replied as I fumbled with trying to fix my tie.

My mom chuckled at me before she walked over and adjusted my tie. After she fixed my tie she playfully ruffled my hair earning a pout from me.

“Mom, I just fixed my hair.” I whined.

She just laughed at me, “don’t worry about it. You look fine. Now you better call or text me once you arrive at school. I want you to make some friends while you’re there too. Some good friends.”

“I will mom. I will.” I sighed.

Bomi came walking into my room and looked at me with teary eyes.

“I can’t believe you’re really leaving us. I’m going to miss you so much. You’re like a son to me.” She sniffled as she dabbed a tissue at the corner of her eye.

“I’ll miss you too Bomi, but I’ll be back for Christmas break. Keep my mom here out of trouble.” I teased.

I watched my mom mutter something under her breath before she pouted, “I am perfectly capable of keeping out of trouble thank you very much.”

“Oh sure mom. Like you didn’t give that one guy a good scolding.” I chuckled.

“That kid had it coming. How dare he call me a cougar. That kid wasn’t even attractive.” She said as she flipped her hair.

I just laughed at her until I heard a horn honk outside.

I sighed and took one last look at my room that I wouldn’t be seeing for a while. My room was a light shade of yellow. It had light colored wooden floors, a king sized bed that had a yellow duvet on it, white blinds that covered my large windows, a large wooden study desk that had a large Apple computer on it, a large flat screen television that hung on the wall, a walk-in closet that had every item of clothing in it you could imagine, a black floor lamp in the corner, several posters of my favorite bands, movies, and video games, and a few collectible action figures from my favorite movies.

I grabbed my bags that were lying in the floor beside my bed and carelessly slung them over my shoulders before heading downstairs.

Our staircase was a large spiraling staircase that I used to slide down when I was younger. The railing was made of a slick wood that made it perfect for sliding down. Sometimes my mom and I would take turns sliding down the railing and we always came close to giving poor Bomi a heart attack.

I smiled at the memory as I slowly made my way out to the car. A sleek silver Jaguar was parked out front and the driver held the door open for me as he grabbed my bags and put them in the trunk.

Mom and Bomi both hugged me before I slid into the backseat and let the driver shut the door behind me.

I looked out the window and waved goodbye to my home and to my family.

I hoped that this new school would be good for me just like my mom had said.


A/N: First chapter is officially up. Posting it now to give yall a sneak peek basically. Daehyun's POV is up next. I really hope you all like this story. It's much different from the DaeJae stories I usually write. Comments and subscribers are very welcome here. Thanks! ^_^