2

Battle of The Richest

The dark skinned male jumped up from the bed in shock and glared at me.

“No. There must be some mistake. You can’t be my roommate.” The brown hair male stated as he furiously shook his head.

My first day here and I was already not welcome. Way to make a first impression Youngjae.

The male in front of me was very handsome and he spoke with a thick Busan accent. He squinted his eyes at me before he turned away to look at the door.

A trio of giggling girls entered the room and the one with honey brown hair linked her arm around the Busan males. One of the other females had long purple hair, large dark brown eyes, long eyelashes, a pug nose, creamy skin, and full lips. The other female had long wavy wine colored hair, a button nose, a rounded face, thick eyebrows, almond shaped brown eyes, milky skin, slender legs with a small frame, and succulent light pink lips.

“Jieun, what are you doing here?” The Busan boy asked.

“I’m going with my girls to check out the new rooms on campus. Would you like to join us?” Jieun asked sweetly.

“No thank you. I’ve got to take care of something right now.” The male replied.

The girl named Jieun turned to look at me. She looked me up and down before she flicked her thumb in my general direction.

“Who’s this?” She questioned.

“This is Youngjae. Yoo Youngjae. He’s supposed to be my new roommate, but I’m heading to the Dean’s office to fix this situation.” The Busan boy stated flatly.

Jieun just gasped in shock as she clamped a hand over , “so you’re Yoo Youngjae then? Strange. You don’t look like a criminal.”

I shot her a questioning glance, “I’m not a criminal.”

“Really? Then why did you come to this school then? Surely they don’t allow criminals to roam these halls.” Jieun mocked.

“I came to this school because my mom thought my friends were a bad influence. I’m not a criminal though. I haven’t done anything bad in my life.” I said as I shook my head.

“Well I like him. I think he’s cute.” The girl with the wine colored hair stated.

The girl approached me with graceful steps until she stood right in front of me.

“I’m Sunhwa. Nice to meet you. I like you.” She said cutely as she extended her hand.

I blushed a little before I took her hand and gently shook it.

After we shook hands I turned to look back at the Busan boy. He just rolled his eyes at me.

“Where’s Zinger at?” The male asked.

“She’s coming. She had to drop something off at the dorms.” The purple haired girl spoke.

The girl then turned to look at me with an icy glare.

“I’m Hyosung, Daehyun’s cousin.” She sneered.

“Who’s Daehyun?” I asked as I looked around the room.

My eyes fell on the Busan male as he continued to stare at me.

“I am.” He said coldly.

Just then a girl with long blonde hair entered the room.

“Finally you show up. We’ve been waiting for ages, Zinger.” Jieun said dramatically.

“Sorry. I got distracted by all the new cute guys we have here. There are so many.” Zinger squealed in excitement.

“Well we should go then. I’ll see you later, Daehyunnie.” Jieun said as she gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

She walked out the door with the other three trailing right behind her like they were her biggest fans.

I turned back to look at Daehyun. He just walked closer to me and glared.

“We need to get this little mistake corrected now. I can’t have you as a roommate.” Daehyun said as he grabbed my arm and practically drug me out of our room.

 

 

The Dean’s office was much smaller than I had imagined it to be. There was a study desk in the middle of the room with a computer on it, a trophy cabinet on the left side of the wall, filing cabinets on the right side of the wall, framed degrees plastered on the walls, and papers scattered all over the study desk.

A man in a black suit stood up from the desk and warmly greeted us.

“Daehyun, what can I do for you today? How are your parents? It’s been a while since I went out to dinner with them.” The man stated as he pushed his glasses up.

“My parents are great. Busy as always with the company, Mister Kang. There appears to be a problem with my dorm arrangements this year.” Daehyun stated sweetly.

Mister Kang looked at him in both shock and confusion, “is there something wrong with the room? Is it not to your liking?”

“No. The room is perfectly fine. I just have a concern about my choice of roommate here.” Daehyun said as he gestured to me.

Kang sighed and rubbed his head, “I’m sorry Daehyun, but the choice of roommates this year are final. All rooms have been completely filled and it is against the rules to change roommates unless they are a physical threat to one another.”

“Isn’t there something you can do?” Daehyun whined like a child.

“I’m sorry but it’s out of my hands. If you really want a new roommate then you’ll have to fill out this request form and send it in to the Board of Education. They are the ones who chose the roommates this year.” Kang said as he slid open a drawer and handed Daehyun a thin sheet of paper.

“Okay. Thank you Mister Kang.” Daehyun said politely.

“You’re welcome Daehyun. Tell Mr. and Mrs. Jung that I will be visiting their office during fall break.” Mr. Kang said as he shooed us out the door.

Once we were both outside the office, Daehyun’s mood instantly soured.

“Why do you hate me so much?” I asked him.

He turned his gaze away from me and just walked towards the window. His hand was pressed against the glass as he watched the crowd of people below us.

“I’m Jung Daehyun as in Jung Electronics. Our parents companies are rivals which make you and I enemies.” Daehyun said softly as he continued to stare out the window.

“But we don’t have to be enemies.” I mumbled.

Daehyun sighed before he turned to look at me, “yes we do. It’s easier to be enemies than to be friends. Just leave me alone and I’ll leave you alone. I’m going back to the dorm to fill out this paperwork, and hopefully we won’t have to see each other anymore.”

He didn’t give me a chance to speak before he ran off to the dorms.

 

 

I slowly made my way back to the dorms. Half-way back to the dorms I ran into Zinger. She carelessly linked her arm with mine.

“It’s Youngjae, right?” She asked.

I just nodded to her in response.

“Hey, don’t take anything Daehyun says too personally. He’s a deeply troubled guy.” She stated.

“How so?” I asked as we rounded a corner.

“Well he is going to inherit the company one day and his parents wanted him to marry a respectable girl from a good family so they planned an arranged marriage. Daehyun and Jieun are supposed to be getting married next summer before they go off to college. I personally think Jieun is wrong for him. They have absolutely nothing in common and she practically slave drives him all the time. Not to mention his parents are also breathing down his neck about taking over the company. I feel so sorry for him. So please don’t hate him. He just doesn’t know any better. He’s had a tough life.”

“Okay. Thank you, Zinger.” I said as he stood in front of my dorm room.

“My pleasure. Oh, Sunhwa wants to know if you will go to lunch with her tomorrow. There’s this great little café nearby that she always goes to.” Zinger giggled.

“Sure. I guess I can.” I said sheepishly as I scratched the back of my head.

“Great! I’ll go tell her now. See you tomorrow then.” Zinger said as she waved and took off down the hall.

I just chuckled a little before walked into the dorm room. Daehyun was nowhere in sight and I couldn’t help but sigh.

This year was going to be the most intense year of my life.


A/N: This will be the last update to this story for a while until I finish my otther story first. Prepare yourselves for the upcoming events in this story because the BATTLE IS ON!! Comments and subscribers are very welcome here. Thanks for commenting and subscribing. Also thanks to those of you that have voted up this story. Thank you all!! ^_^