5

Battle of The Richest

I walked back to my dorm room in the rain. I couldn’t get over the fact that Daehyun had actually left me behind.

Why is he always so cold towards me? Why does he keep on shutting me out?

I pulled my jacket closer to my body as I carefully approached my dorm room.

The lights were off in the room as I shrugged out of my jacket and tossed it carelessly on the floor.

I felt a pair of hands grip my waist and before I could scream a hand traveled up to my mouth to silence me.

A shiver ran down my spine as I felt someone’s hot breath on my neck.

“I need you tonight, Youngjae.” Daehyun murmured softly in my ear.

I could smell the faint trace of alcohol when he spoke.

His hands caressed my arms in a gentle way as he spun me around to face him.

The moonlight danced across his face as he smirked at me. I felt his thumb trace my bottom lip.

My lips slightly quivered at his touch and my breath hitched in my throat as he drew closer to me.

We stared at each other before he leaned in to give me a tainted kiss.

His lips were soft and gentle against mine. I felt his hands caress my arms as our lips moved as one.

My lips parted slightly as he slipped his tongue into my mouth. I felt my eyelids flutter before they closed.

Daehyun grabbed my hand and pinned me against the wall in between kisses.

The taste of alcohol danced between our parted lips but I couldn’t deny the way my heart raced with every touch he made.

 A sudden knock on the door had Daehyun quickly retreating to the bathroom leaving me flustered and slightly out of breath.

I adjusted my clothes before I walked over to the door.

Sunhwa stood there smiling at me in the doorway.

“Hello Youngjae. Would you like to join me for some coffee?” She asked sweetly.

I shot a quick glance to the bathroom and frowned slightly before I turned back to Sunhwa.

“Sure. I’d love to.” I said happily.

Sunhwa smiled at me before she threaded our fingers together. Her hands felt warm and soft in my own.

I blushed slightly and bit my lower lip before I let her lead us to the coffee shop.

 

 

The coffee shop was small and very cozy. It had earthly tones and gave off a very homely feel.

“What would you like, Youngjae?” Sunhwa asked me sweetly.

“I’ll have whatever you’re having.” I said as I smiled at her.

She giggled a little before she walked over to the counter.

I took this time to find us a small table in the corner of the shop that was almost hidden from watchful eyes.

The table gave off a certain mysterious charm to it and as I sat down at it I noticed many names carved into it.

The wooden table had names carved into it from knives, some dull and some sharp judging by the texture.

Sunhwa walked over to the table and sat down a piping hot cup in front of me before she took her seat directly across from me.

“I’m surprised you chose this spot.” She mumbled as she took a tiny sip from her cup.

“Why do you say that?” I questioned her as I picked up my matching cup.

I took a sip of the hot liquid and realized that it was herbal tea. I took a few more careful sips of the hot tea as I felt it slightly burn my throat as it went down.

“This table is where couples sit. These names on the table represent the couples. It’s said that couples who write their names on this table will be together forever. They will have an everlasting love.” Sunhwa cooed as she gently traced the names of each couple.

“Do you really think it works?” I asked.

“I’d like to think so. My parents’ names are on here and they are still happily in love.” Sunhwa smiled at me before she took another sip of her drink.

I pondered over her answer as I sipped at my drink.

“I’m glad you came here with me today, Youngjae. There’s something I want to ask you.” Sunhwa said shyly as she bit her lip.

“What is it, Sunhwa?” I asked softly before I took another sip from my drink.

“I was just wondering if you’re seeing anyone.” Sunhwa mumbled as a slight blush formed on her cheeks.

I smiled at her before I spoke, “no. I’m not seeing anyone. Why do you ask?”

“I was hoping that you and I could….” Sunhwa trailed off as she looked down at the table and twiddled her thumbs.

“Sunhwa.” I said quietly causing her to look directly at me.

She still had a blush on her cheeks as I gently grabbed her hand and smiled at her.

“Sunhwa, will you be my girlfriend?” I asked confidently.

“Of course.” Sunhwa said quietly as she smiled at me.

We both sat there staring into each other’s eyes. Our drinks were now cold and had long since been abandoned.

 

 

It was dark outside by the time we reached Sunhwa’s dorm room.

We walked hand in hand just smiling happily as we approached her door.

“Thank you for today. I enjoyed spending time with you. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Sunhwa said as she gently pecked my cheek.

She giggled at me as I placed my hand on my cheek and smiled like some crazy person. She opened the door and blew me a kiss before she quietly closed the door behind her.

I turned around to walk back to my dorm when I caught Daehyun glaring at me.

“So are you two a couple now then?” He questioned as he leaned against the wall.

“We are.” I nodded.

“Figures.” Daehyun grumbled.

“What are you doing over here anyways?” I asked trying to change the subject.

“I just felt like taking a walk. Didn’t think I’d run into the two most pathetic people being all lovey dovey with each other though.” Daehyun snarled.

“Drop the act already Daehyun. I’m tired and I would really like to go to bed.” I mumbled as I started to walk off down the hall.

 

I made my way down the hall when I heard a loud clash of thunder outside and I watched the hall lights flicker before they cut off completely.

I tried not to panic as I felt around my pockets to grab my phone but I realized my phone was still in my dorm room.

“Shoot.” I mumbled to myself as I heard a shuffle of feet behind me.

“Seems like I’m always helping you out here lately. Come on.” Daehyun said as he grabbed hold of my hand and dragged me down the hall.

“You reek of alcohol.” I said as I wrinkled my nose in disgust.

“And you reek of innocence.” Daehyun replied harshly as he flashed his phone light around the hall.

Another clash of thunder had me jumping and squeezing Daehyun’s hand tightly.

“It’s just thunder. Calm down.” He grumbled.

I opened my mouth to say something but I quickly closed it.

We walked down the hall in silence just listening to the rain outside.

“Do you like her?” Daehyun asked quietly.

“Yeah. I do.” I replied.

Daehyun stopped walking nearly causing me to slam into the back of him until he gently pushed me against the wall.

He rested his forehead against mine and stared into my eyes. I could feel his hot breath on my face as he whispered, “please don’t like her” to me.

I blinked several times in confusion before I opened my mouth to say something.

Before I could utter one word, the lights came back on and Daehyun fled quickly from my sight.

My heart was beating rapidly and my face felt hot as I stared at the direction Daehyun had taken off to.

I wondered what he meant by that comment he made. He seemed so sincere about what he had said and it only made my heart race even more.

What is this feeling that I have for you?


A/N: I swear I've made Dae into some bipolar creep. He's not really that way though. He's just a very confused guy right now. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks to those of you that have commented, subscribed, and voted up this story. I appreciate all the love and support. Thanks!! ^_^