8-2

Battle of The Richest

(Daehyun’s POV)

I held him in my arms for fear that he would disappear.

I gently his hair as silent tears of joy ran down my face.

My cheek was gently pressed against his as I opened my mouth to sing to him.

Just give me a reason

To keep my heart beating

Don’t worry its safe right here in my arms

As the world falls apart around us

All we can do is hold on, hold on

He moved his head and turned to look me in the eyes.

“I love you.” He whispered to me as if he was in some kind of trance.

“I love you too.” I whispered back as I ran my thumb over his cheek.

The sound of quiet sobs broke us from our trance.

I turned to find the intruder only to lock eyes with a tearful Sunhwa.

“I should have known. I’m so foolish.” Sunhwa sobbed before she ran off.

I looked back at Youngjae with a worried expression on my face.

“Go after her.” I flatly stated.

“Really? Why?” Youngjae questioned me.

I sighed as I his cheek lovingly, “she is your girlfriend. Apologize to her and tell her this was a misunderstanding. You should be with her. Not me.”

“I can’t do it. I won’t lie to her and pretend like I don’t feel something for you.” Youngjae furiously shook his head.

“Don’t. I love you Jae but we can’t be together. It will never work. Our families are rivals. They would never approve of us. I will take the blame for this, but I don’t want to drag you down with me.” I replied.

“I don’t care. I just want to be with you. If it means having to give up everything just to be with you then I will.” Youngjae said through unshed tears.

“Sunhwa is a good girl. She can give you everything you want and need. You deserve to be with her and not me.” I said softly.

“But I want to be with you. I love you.” Youngjae whispered.

“Don’t. Don’t say you love me anymore because that only makes it worse. I thought we could be real if only for a little while but we just can’t.” I said in shame as I lowered my head.

“What do you mean?” Jae asked curiously.

“I love Jieun. I’m going to marry her. We’re going to grow old together and have children and even grandchildren. This love that you and I have is just a phase. It will pass. Sunhwa is the one for you just like Jieun is the one for me. We are just caught up in lust. That’s all this is between us. I’m sorry but I don’t love you. I could never truly love you.” I said bitterly.

Youngjae stared at me with glassy eyes before tears rolled down his face, “I hate you.”

Those words were like a dull knife in my back.

I kept quiet as he turned around and hastily ran off.

“You can come out now. I know you were here the whole time.” I spat out bitterly.

Jieun slid out from behind one of the puppets in the shadows and walked up to me with a smirk on her heavily caked on face.

“You did very well. I’m proud of you.” She cooed.

“We had a deal. I played my part.” I hissed.

“True. I will honor my part of the deal now. I promise to never mess with Youngjae in any way again as long as you agree to marry me.” She said as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

“And the pictures you have of Youngjae and I?” I asked.

“Those will be burnt along with any other evidence I have of you two being intimate together. Your reputations will be kept safe and sound.” Jieun smirked as she looked me in the eyes.

 

Jieun knew about Youngjae and me. She even took pictures as evidence of us but I caught her.

Our previous agreement on winning the Class Wars had to be reevaluated and a new agreement was quickly set in its place.

All I had to do was lie to Youngjae and tell him I didn’t love him and that he belongs with Sunhwa.

I knew Youngjae would never forgive me after this but it was the only way to protect him.

I led him here to the backstage where I knew Jieun would follow after us and watch to make sure I played my part.

Telling Youngjae I didn’t love him was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do.

I’m just hopelessly in love with love.

I’m hopelessly in love with Youngjae because Youngjae is love.

 

“I say we should just get married a month from now. Why delay this any longer.” Jieun smirked evilly as she looked at me.

My eyes grew wide in shock as I could hear my name being called in the distance for winning the singing competition against Youngjae.

 

I only had one month. One month to find a way to stop this wedding and to have Youngjae back in my arms where he belongs.


A/N: Just a short filler chapter....kind of. I suddenly feel like I'm writing a musical with all these songs I have now but oh well. Comments and subscribers are very welcome here. Thanks so much for all of the support. I hope everyone had a good Christmas! ^_^

Song that Daehyun sang in this chapter: The Beginning by One Ok Rock