The Wedding - Part One

Battle of The Richest

“No. Absolutely not. I won’t do it. That is by far the worst idea yet.” I said to Zelo as I furiously shook my head at him.

Zelo pouted a little before he spoke softly, “this is the best idea yet. I mean the wedding is in a few hours and if you want to stop the love of your life from marrying a banshee then you should just do it.”

“Even if I agreed to this horrid idea, which I’m not, how are we supposed to go through with this? I mean won’t people be guarding her and the dress the entire time?” I pondered.

“True. Which is why I’ll distract them and you run in the room, nab the dress then run out. I’ll find a way to lock her and her friends in a room. You’ll run to the groom’s room where Daehyun will be and then you two can finally talk. Problem solved.” Zelo chirped as he clapped his hands together.

“Somehow I doubt it will be that easy, but I guess we can try it. I can’t believe I’m agreeing to this.” I whined as I lowered my head in shame.

“It will be fun. I’ll get Ricky and Yongguk to help us out. It’s time to crash this sham of a wedding.” Zelo said as he smiled devilishly at me.

This kid had some serious issues.

 

 

To say that the four of us were dressed to impress would be an understatement.

We walked into the church wearing matching black tuxedos and black shoes with black sunglasses on.

All four of us had our hair slicked back and we looked like pure perfection.

Security was tight but we managed to breeze right by them when we showed them our invitations we had.

“Now what?” Yongguk asked as we stood in the church lobby.

People we didn’t know walked past us and mingled a little announcing how excited they all were.

“Let’s split up. Youngjae and I will search the west wing while you and Ricky search the east wing. Let’s try to find Jieun as quickly as possible.” Zelo stated.

We all nodded in agreement to each other before we headed off to our designated areas.

 

 

 

Zelo and I strolled half-way down the hallway which was mostly empty except for a few people.

“Let’s try this room next.” Zelo said as he grabbed the door knob to a room that rested on the right side of the hallway.

The room was empty except for one thing that sat on a mannequin in the middle of the room.

An elegant wedding gown stared us both in the face.

It was a solid white Cinderella style wedding dress that had a lace collared jacket and a mid-length veil that completely hid the wearer’s face and had a lace trim.

“Here’s the dress, but where’s the bridezilla?” Zelo snorted.

“What are you two doing here?” A feminine voice hissed out.

I turned around to find Jieun glaring at the both of us.

She was dressed in a silk teal colored robe and her hair hung in loose curls down the left side of her shoulder.

“We came to find you. There’s been an emergency.” Zelo said in a frantic tone.

“Really? What happened?” Jieun questioned as she raised a freshly threaded eyebrow.

“One of the bridesmaids spilled punch all over her dress and now she can’t get the stain out.” Zelo exaggerated.

“I’m surrounded by incompetent people. Let’s go see if I can replace her then.” Jieun said in an annoyed tone.

“Okay. I’ll be right back as soon as I deal with this situation.” Zelo winked to me as he closed the door behind both of them.

I wasted no time in trying to figure out how to stash the dress.

A sudden knock on the door didn’t go unnoticed though.

“Jieun, it’s your mother. Are you dressed yet?” A feminine voice asked.

I instantly began to panic.

I tried to search around for a hiding place but I couldn’t find one.

The dress stood in the middle of the room and looked as if it was mocking me.

Great. Even a dress thinks I’m pathetic.

Knock. Knock.

“Jieun. I’m coming in now. I hope you’re decent.” The voice stated.

“Just a second mother. I’m getting ready now.” I said in the most feminine voice I could muster.

I panicked some more before I turned and stared at the dress.

I quickly began taking my clothes off and hiding them in the supply closet.

I ran over to the mannequin and pulled the dress off of it and carefully slid into it.

The dress was awfully tight around the middle of my waist and I knew for a fact that Jieun’s waist wasn’t this small.

She must in that stomach of hers, I thought as I quickly placed the veil over my head.

I couldn’t see anything with the veil hiding my face. The good thing is that nobody would be able to tell that Jieun wasn’t the one in the dress now.

“Are you ready now dear? I’m coming in.” The feminine voice said.

I broke out in a sweat as I watched the door open in front of me.

Jieun’s mother looked like an older version of her. Her mother even looked like she was a very kind woman.

“Oh honey. You look absolutely beautiful. I bet Daehyun won’t be able to take his eyes off of you once he sees you.” She cooed as she clasped her hands together.

My heart leapt in my chest at the thought of me finally being able to see Daehyun again.

I merely nodded in response to Jieun’s mother.

“Oh you must be so nervous that you can’t speak right now. I know how you feel darling. The ceremony will start in five minutes and your father will be waiting for you in the main lobby to walk you down the aisle. I’ll see you once you get in there sweetie. I love you.” Jieun’s mother stated as she placed a motherly kiss on my hidden cheek.

I watched her walk off and close the door behind her.

I instantly ran out of the room to go find Zelo.

 

 

When I found Zelo he had a look of shock on his face.

“Jieun?! How did you escape? I locked that door from the outside.” Zelo mumbled with wide eyes.

“Zelo. It’s me, Youngjae.” I whispered as I quickly lifted up the veil to reveal myself.

“Youngjae. Why are you wearing Jieun’s wedding dress?” Zelo questioned.

“Jieun’s mother came over and I didn’t know what else to do. I pretty much panicked but it gets worse. The ceremony starts in five minutes and her father is going to walk me down the aisle. What do I do?” I asked in a panicked tone.

Zelo tapped his finger to his chin before he spoke in a rush, “just walk down the aisle. I’ll sit in the crowd and try to create a distraction. You grab Daehyun and take him somewhere private and explain everything to him.”

“For once Zelo, I actually like the way your mind works.” I replied.

“I know. Now go get your man.” Zelo said as he grinned sheepishly at me.

“Oh believe me, I will.” I said as I smirked.

 

 

There had to be more than a thousand people at this wedding and here I stood walking down the aisle with the bride’s father.

I was beyond nervous and my palms were sweaty.

I knew Daehyun was staring at me. I could feel his eyes on me, but I couldn’t look at him at least not yet.

“I’m so proud of you Jieun. I know you two will live a happy life together.” Jieun’s father said as we stopped at the end of the aisle.

Her father kissed my forehead before he took his place beside Jieun’s mother.

I didn’t understand how such wonderful and loving parents could have created such a monstrous child.

I lifted my head to meet Daehyun’s gaze.

My breath hitched in my throat as I saw how beautiful he looked.

He was dressed in a solid white tuxedo with his hair brushed back to give him that y vibe. His tanned skin looked as if it was actually glowing and his eyes sparkled with something that I couldn’t quite figure out.

Yet his inner appearance is what caused me to frown. I could tell he was hurting by the way he was standing.

It was an emotional kind of pain and seeing him like this just broke my heart.

I reached out for his hand and he slowly slid his into mine.

There was so much I wanted to tell him but standing here in front of all these people I just couldn’t do it.

Fear had me in its grasp and it wasn’t letting me go.

 

 

We were five minutes into the ceremony and my eyes began to scan the crowd.

Where was Zelo and that distraction he had promised me.

I shut my eyes for a second and let out a long sigh.

Once I opened my eyes I heard the church doors slam open to reveal a large group of guys all dressed in matching black tuxedos with masks covering their faces.

Several gasps could be heard from the crowd as the masked guys ran through the room spray-painting the walls and completely vandalizing the church.

I wondered if this was the distraction Zelo was talking about.

The crowd grew frantic and started running out of the church quickly as the masked vandals terrorized all of them.

Daehyun and I stared at each other in utter horror before I came to my senses and dragged him out of the room to a more secluded area.

This time I wouldn’t let fear take me away in its uncaring clutches.


A/N: I just couldn't resist putting Jae in a wedding dress. Haha! Let's see how their interaction will go in the next chapter. Fingers crossed for these two. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks to those of you that have read, commented, subscribed, and even voted up this story. I really do appreciate all of the love and support. Thank you all so much! ^_^