9

Battle of The Richest

Class Wars were now over and my class had barely won.

That entire week had gone by in a blur even the celebration dance.

I found myself mechanically packing my clothes in my luggage to get ready to head to Udo Island.

Zelo stood beside his bed and hummed quietly to himself as he continued to pack his clothes.

Sunhwa and I had ended our relationship after I told her that I was in love with Daehyun.

She cried and told me that she was happy for the both of us, and I haven’t seen or heard from her since.

Daehyun and Jieun’s wedding was only three weeks away and the thought of it just made me cry myself to sleep every night.

Some nights I would lie in bed with Zelo as he would comfort me and tell me that things would work out.

I wondered if things would work out for better or for worse.

Seems like it was for the worse right now.

 

“Jae, are you ready to go? Yongguk just texted me and said he would save us some seats on the bus.” Zelo said softly.

I turned to look at him and slightly nodded.

He gave me a sympathetic look before he brought me in for a friendly hug.

I tried to stay strong but as soon as he wrapped his arms around me I just broke down in tears.

“Why did this have to happen?” I asked quietly between sobs.

“I don’t know. They say that the worst things always happen to the best people. I think it’s because those people are strong enough to handle it.” Zelo said as he patted my back gently.

“I’m not strong enough though.” I sobbed.

“Yes you are. You’re the strongest person I know and I admire that about you.” Zelo said calmly.

I pulled away from Zelo and nodded before speaking softly, “thank you.”

Zelo just smiled at me before he grabbed his luggage and started to drag it out of the room.

I frowned before I zipped up my luggage and slowly followed after Zelo.

 

 

Zelo and I took a seat on the charter bus beside each other. Yongguk and Jongup ended up sitting behind us while Ricky sat in front of us.

Nobody said a word during the entire ride.

Even the usually cheerful Zelo was sullen as he stared out the window.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered to him.

His eyes locked with mine as he looked at me with concern, “don’t be. You’ve done nothing wrong.”

“But I have, Zelo. I fell for him and he used me. He’s marrying her and I’m just the fool in love.” I said quietly as I sank further in my seat.

“Let me ask you something. Do you still love him?” Zelo questioned.

“I do.” I whispered.

“Okay, here’s what we’ll do. We’ll relax on this vacation. Just kick back and have some fun. Let loose and get crazy because we deserve it. Maybe even find a perfect substitute if that’s what you’re into. Don’t think about him or what has happened. Then when we get back you’ll confront him and find out the truth. Simple as that. Don’t you agree?”

“I guess so but I’m not ready to face him just yet. How can I after everything that has happened?” I sniffled.

“He did you wrong, Jae. You were obviously just a side piece to him and not a main course. A player like him doesn’t deserve a precious gem like you. Youngjae you are one in a million.” Zelo said softly as he flashed me a quick smile.

“Thank you Zelo. Somehow you always know what to say.” I replied with a sheepish grin.

Zelo merely shrugged at me, “that’s what friends are for.”

 

 

Hours later and I found myself walking into my shared hotel room with Zelo.

The room was small and there were two double beds with ivory colored bed spreads. The walls were painted an egg color, a two person wooden table with matching chairs sat in the corner. A flat screen television hung above a wooden dresser, and the tiny kitchen sat right beside the bathroom.

A walk in closet was on the right side wall as soon as you walked into the room and on the immediate left was the tiny bathroom that held a toilet, sink, and a bathtub that had a shower head built in above it.

“What should we do first? I say we hit the beach first.” Zelo said happily.

I merely nodded to him and watched him skip into the bathroom carrying his swim trunks.

I ped my luggage and pulled out my bright yellow swim trunks and quickly threw them on before Zelo could walk out and catch me standing in the room.

I threw on a black t-shirt and paced around the room waiting for Zelo to come out.

Zelo emerged from the bathroom wearing a white wifebeater and light blue swim trunks. He pushed his black shades up his nose as he gave me a slight nod.

“Are you ready?” I asked him.

“Yepp. You look nice. Now let’s go.” Zelo chirped.

 

 

The beach wasn’t as crowded as I thought it would be.

I found a lounge chair with an umbrella and quickly plopped down in it.

Zelo mumbled something before he spoke, “come on Jae. We’re at the beach. You should be having fun not sitting around here all day. Come on.”

“I will Zelo. Just start without me. I’ll catch up later.” I replied.

Zelo let out a sigh before he walked off and left me to my thoughts.

I snuggled into the seat as I felt the warmth of the sun beat down on me.

 

 

I didn’t realize I had fallen asleep until I felt a ball hit me directly in the face.

Startled, I instantly woke up and looked around for the person who hit me.

I glared at a male figure in the distance that quickly came running towards me.

It looked like a cheesy scene from some romance movie.

The male came jogging up in black and white swim trunks with the sun beating down on him from behind to make him look like he was glowing. His shaggy dark brown hair bounced with every step that he took. Water and sweat dripped down his body and soaked his white muscle shirt revealing a God-like set of sculpted abs.

As he approached me I realized just how glorious he actually was. He had a strong set jaw-line, large dark brown eyes, plump pink lips that would make any girl jealous, lightly tanned flawless skin, a prominent nose, and a rather revealing neck that begged to be touched. Both of his ears were pierced and he wore black studs in both of them.

This guy just screamed bad boy with massive appeal. Nothing about this guy looked feminine in the least. He was one hundred percent male and judging by the way he jogged he knew it as well.

“I’m sorry. Are you okay?” The male asked in a deep Busan accent.

“I’m fine.” I shrugged.

The male suddenly started to laugh at me and I glared at him.

“What’s so funny?” I asked in an irritated tone.

“Sorry but you have some sand on your cheek. Let me get it for you.” He chuckled as he gently brushed his hand against my cheek.

I blushed a little as I looked into his eyes.

“Sorry.” He whispered.

“You keep saying that.” I mumbled.

“I know but I’m still sorry. So what’s your name?” He asked as he dropped his hand from my face.

“Yoo Youngjae.” I said quietly.

“Jung Yonghwa.” He said as he smirked at me.

His smirk looked oddly familiar to me as I continued to stare at him.

“Have we met before? I feel like I know you.” I mumbled as I continued to stare at him.

“I think I would remember meeting someone as cute as you. Maybe it’s because you’ve seen me on television. I’m in a highly successful rock band.” He boasted.

I blushed again as he smiled at me. His smirks and smiles seemed all too familiar until a light bulb went off in my head.

“You’re a Jung. Any chance you know the Jung family that owns the electronic business?” I questioned him.

Yonghwa sighed as he plopped down on the sand beside me, “of course I know them. They are my family. Daehyun is my baby cousin. I taught him everything he knows.”

That explains why the smiles look so similar, I thought.

“You don’t sound very excited about that.” I pressed.

“It’s hard sometimes when I tell people I’m related to them. They always want me to give them free stuff. Being a successful rockstar is pressure enough but tell people you’re related to the ones that own the most successful business in all of Korea and they suddenly act like wild animals.” Yonghwa said in a saddened tone.

I instantly felt sorry for him, “well you won’t have to deal with that from me. My mom owns the second most successful business in all of Korea.”

Yonghwa’s face instantly lit up and he smiled at me, “so you’re the rival company then. Funny, you don’t seem heartless to me.”

“What do you mean?” I asked curiously.

“Well my aunt and uncle always told Daehyun and me to stay away from you and your family. They said that you were bad people and that you would corrupt us. I never believed them though. You’re nothing like what they painted you out to be. Daehyun didn’t believe them either, but he always strives to impress them so he does everything they tell them. Poor kid, I hear he’s marrying some monster of a girl just to please his parents. Last time I spoke to him he said he was head over heels for some guy. He sounded real happy too, and he said he didn’t want to go through with this wedding even though the girl blackmailed him.”

My heart skipped a beat as I listened to Yonghwa speak.

“When did you last speak to him? What did the girl do? Is he okay?” I asked in a rush.

“I spoke to him last night. He was a real mess on the phone saying how he messed up things with the guy he really loved. His soon to be wife threatened to expose his relationship with that guy if he didn’t agree to marry her.”

His words slowly sank into my mind and I let out a startled cry.

Daehyun really did love me and that witch Jieun was trying to ruin things.

One thing I knew for sure now was that I had to get back and find a way to stop this wedding from happening.


A/N: Sorry for jumping around in the story so much. Some things won't be written in here because they aren't important. Only the important parts will be written in here. As for why Jongup and Yongguk are on the trip, they were both invited by Zelo and Youngjae. Yonghwa in this story is the singer from CNBLUE. He is positively stunning with a very lovely voice. Try not to hate me too much because I assure you this story WILL have a happy ending. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks to those of you that have read, commented, subscribed, and voted up this story. I appreciate all of the love and support!! ^_^