7

Battle of The Richest

I had to stay away from him. The ring on her freshly manicured finger was proof of that.

I slowly made my way to the Dean’s office and quietly knocked on his door.

“Come in.” I heard someone say from behind the door.

I opened the door and walked in to find Kang sitting as his desk with his hands folded and staring at me intently.

“Please have a seat mister Yoo.” He said as he gestured to the seat in front of him.

I slid into the seat with ease and looked at him carefully.

“I assume you already know why you are here. You have the highest grades out of anyone in this school and you’ve been selected as Class Captain. If you accept this task then you will be rewarded with exemption from the finals for this year. You will also be placed in charge over the freshman class where you will be temporarily living until the Class Wars are over. This is a huge responsibility young man and it is not to be taken lightly. If you don’t wish to participate as Captain then please let me know now.” Kang stated as he eyed me intensely.

I shook my head slowly before I spoke quietly, “no sir. I would be more than happy to take this responsibility. Thank you sir for the generous opportunity.”

“Very well then. Here’s a list of things you need to do. Try to get all of them completed promptly and correctly. Class Wars start in exactly one week from today so try to use this time wisely and get to know the entire freshman class as well. Bond with them because you’ll be with them for a few weeks. Now mister Choi Junhong has agreed to let you room with him for a few weeks so please gather your things and head to the freshman wing. Good luck mister Yoo.” Kang said as he handed me a piece of paper.

I stepped out of his office and glanced down at the paper.

Class Wars checklist:

1.      Make sure each student participates in at least two events.

2.      Make your own unique Class Wars uniform to represent your class.

3.      Make sure each student is on time to their scheduled event.

4.      Make sure each student uses the buddy system when travelling to events they are not scheduled to.

5.      Make a schedule for each student and have them follow that schedule.

6.      Make a rendezvous point for each student in the case of an emergency.

7.      Violence is forbidden. Any use of violence will result in a disqualification for the person(s) who condone in these acts.

8.      Make sure each student is up by six in the morning and heading to the auditorium on the day the Class Wars begin.

9.      Students who arrive late will automatically be disqualified.

10.   This is a friendly competition and anyone who is seen treating others unfairly will receive severe punishment.

Make sure your class uniforms are approved by the dean before you order them. Last minute uniform decisions will not be approved and you will be wearing our current school uniforms instead. The winning class will have the decision to make their class uniforms into the new school uniforms if they choose to do so.

Make sure to come up with a creative name for your class and have it approved by the dean beforehand. Any logo or design must also be approved by the dean before it can be properly used.

 

 

I didn’t feel like reading what was left on the paper. My head was already swarming with ideas as I made my way to my dorm room.

 

As expected, Daehyun was nowhere in sight. For that I was grateful. I couldn’t face him now.

 

What would I say to him? Would I offer him congratulations? Would I smile and pretend like nothing is wrong?

 

I couldn’t face him. No, I’m not ready to face him just yet.

 

I quickly gathered my things and headed towards the freshman wing.

 

I found Zelo’s door and knocked quietly on it.

 

He cracked open the door and yawned a little before he completely opened it and smiled at me.

 

“Hey Youngjae. So you’re gonna be our Class Captain? This is so cool.” Zelo chirped as he led me into the room we would be sharing for a few weeks.

 

His room looked much like mine except his walls were painted a sky blue and mine were painted a golden color.

 

A stack of school books lay on top of the study desk that was in the corner, and a few shirts were scattered across the floor.

 

“Sorry. My room is a bit messy. I’ve just been super busy with dance class that I haven’t had time to clean up anything.” He said sheepishly.

 

“It’s okay. I understand.” I said as I smiled at him.

 

He glanced at the paper I held in my hands and took it from me and read over it carefully.

 

“So you need to come up with an outfit for our class then, right?” He smirked at me.

 

“Yepp. I’m not the best when it comes to fashion though.” I admitted as I scratched the back of my head.

 

“No worries. My friend and I are the best at this kind of stuff.” Zelo cooed.

 

Our conversation was interrupted when a baby faced boy with black hair strolled into the room.

 

“Hey Ricky. This is my friend, Youngjae. He’s going to be our Class Captain. We need your help with planning the outfits we’ll be wearing.” Zelo said happily as he clapped his hands together like a child.

 

“Okay. Let’s get started then.” Ricky stated as he plopped down on Zelo’s bed and whipped out a sketch pad.

 

I watched in silence as the two boys started debating on what colors would look best on everyone.

 

In mere minutes Ricky looked up and smiled at me while he held out the drawing for me to see.

 

I carefully grabbed the drawing and looked it over.

 

There was a male version and a female version of our new uniforms.

 

The male version had a black cardigan with a white collared shirt underneath, a solid black tie, silky red skinny jeans, and Jordan shoes that were red, black, and white striped.

 

The female version had a red cardigan, silky white ruffled blouse, solid black dress shorts, thigh high black socks, and black boots that came just below the knee.

 

Off to the side was a drawing of a black varsity jacket with red sleeves, white buttons, and red stripes.

 

All the outfits had our school emblem on it plastered in the top right corner.

I pointed to the varsity jacket before I asked, “what’s this jacket for?”

 

“It’s for you silly. It’s to show everyone that you are our leader.” Zelo chuckled at me.

 

“Oh. Well I love the ideas for these. Now we just have to get the dean to approve them.” I mumbled.

 

“Wait. You’re really going to use these?” Ricky asked.

 

“Of course I am. These are great. You guys did a great job. Much better than I would have done.” I smiled.

 

“Thanks Youngjae. This year is going to be the best.” Zelo said excitedly.

 

I just looked at him and smiled.

 

I couldn’t help but think of Daehyun at this moment.

 

I hope she makes you happy, Daehyun.


A/N: Hmm....is all I can say about this right now. Let's just see how all of this plays out. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, and voting up this story. I love and appreciate all of the support. Thanks! ^_^