7-2

Battle of The Richest

(Daehyun’s POV)

I caught myself staring at the empty bed beside me where Youngjae used to sleep.

The bed sheets still had wrinkles in them from when he last slept there.

I ran my hand over the bed that was rightfully his and frowned.

How much time had already passed since I last saw him?

The clicking of heels on the ground caused me to jump out of my thoughts.

Jieun walked up to me with a scowl on her face.

“I know you’re thinking about him right now. It’s disgusting.” She spat.

“So. I care about him.” I replied.

I heard her growl lowly beside me as she let out an aggravated huff, “fine. How about we make a deal then?”

“What kind of deal?” I asked as I turned to face her.

“Tomorrow is the start of the Class Wars. If you win then I’ll let you leave me and go to Youngjae to be with him, but if I win then you have to marry me.” She smirked at me.

“I agree under one condition.” I mumbled.

“And what would that be?” She asked in a slightly bored tone.

“You get rid of that fake engagement ring.” I commanded.

“Fine. I will keep it hidden then, but just remember Daehyunnie that I never play fair.” Jieun stated as she turned and walked off swaying her hips.

A sighed passed through my lips as I plopped down on Youngjae’s bed and inhaled his faint scent.

I just hoped this would work out in the end.

 

Sleep didn’t come easy to me that night.

I kept tossing and turning all night long. My mind was plagued with the worst possible scenarios of what could happen if all of this went down horribly.

I rolled out of bed and walked over to my closet.

I stole a glance at the empty bed beside me before I scowled and grabbed the uniform I would wear for the entire week.

This was war now and I would do whatever it takes to win.

The only thing on my mind was Youngjae.

I knew Jieun had caught me kissing him and she eventually confronted me about it.

She knows that I don’t love her but to me she’s nothing but a monster.

People say that revenge is sweet but I know that I’m better than that.

I can’t stoop to her level.

I can’t stand waking up and not seeing Youngjae beside me sleeping peacefully every morning.

I never meant to get us in this deep.

I never meant for this to mean a thing.

I didn’t want to end up liking him but I did.

The harsh reality is that we can never be together.

The world won’t let us. Our families won’t let us.

If all odds were against you, what would you do?

As for me, I’ll take those odds.

If love told you to fall would you do it?

If love wanted you to die would you do it?

If love wanted you to be true would you be?

The truth is, I would fall in love.

My love would be true.

I would die for love.

There’s that word again, love.

Love.

Four little letters that hold the most meaning.

What if I replaced love with Youngjae, what then?

If Youngjae told me to fall would I do it?

If Youngjae wanted me to die would I do it?

If Youngjae wanted me to be true would I be?

My answer is………yes.

If Youngjae wanted me to fall then I would fall in love with him.

If Youngjae wanted me to die then I would die as long as it was for love.

If Youngjae wanted me to be true then I would be as long as it was true love.

Youngjae and love are one and the same.

Love is Youngjae.

Youngjae is love.

I’m in love with love.

I’m in love with Youngjae.


A/N: Super short filler chapter because the next chapter is when the real drama starts to go down. It's Class Wars time and things are about to get brutal. Prepare yourselves!! Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks to those of you that hvae read, commented, subscribed, and voted up this story. I really appreciate all of the love and support. Thanks!! ^_^