6-2

Battle of The Richest

(Daehyun’s POV)

 

I opened my eyes as the sunlight shone in through the dorm window.

My arms were wrapped securely around Youngjae’s waist as I held him in my bed.

I breathed in his soapy scent as I gently caressed his arm.

“Jae, it’s time to wake up.” I whispered softly in his ear.

“I don’t wanna.” He replied as he shook his head that was buried in my chest.

I chuckled at his cute response before I kissed his forehead and nibbled at his ear.

“Please wake up.” I pleaded softly.

Jae let out a huff of annoyance before he rolled around to face me in my bed.

His doe like eyes stared curiously at me as a small smile graced his lips.

“Good morning.” I mumbled.

“Morning.” He replied quietly.

I ran my thumb over his bottom lip before I drew our lips together.

I melted into a pile of mush as our mouth moved in a synchronized fashion.

Kissing him just somehow felt right to me.

We pulled away from each other as I captured his hand in mine and drew circles on the top of it with my thumb.

Our moment of happiness was soon stolen from us as reality came crashing down on us like a ton of bricks.

At least we could pretend we were happy if only for a little while.

“Jae, are you in there? It’s Sunny. Would you like to have breakfast with me?” Sunhwa asked from behind the door.

I watched Jae sit up on my bed and his head drop.

“I feel like I’m the bad guy now.” He whispered.

“You’re not. It’s me. I’m the bad guy. I was the one who forced you into this mess.” I replied as I placed my hand on his shoulder.

“No. I’m the one who went along with it. I would gladly do it again though, but how long can we live a lie? Tell me to stay with you and I will.” Jae said as he turned to face me.

I placed my hand on his face before I pecked his lips.

I watched him slowly open his eyes after the kiss and smile at me.

“Go. It’s not nice to keep a girl waiting.” I stated.

His smile faded as he looked at me with sadness in his eyes.

No more words were spoken between us as he slowly headed out the door.

I heard the door shut behind him as he started to chat happily with Sunhwa.

I placed my head in my hands and tugged at my hair.

It’s better this way. You and I can’t be together, Jae. We both have responsibilities and things that are expected of us. One day you’ll grow up and marry a nice woman and have beautiful children. Eventually you’ll forget all about me. I’ll be nothing more than a name and a rival to you.

If you love something then set it free, if it comes back to you then you know you were meant to be, isn’t that how the saying goes?

This is me letting you go Jae because I love you. I just wish I was strong enough to tell you.

I looked at my phone lying on my table and reached over to grab it.

I sighed before I went through my contact list.

I found the person in my list and quickly hit the call button.

“Hey Jieun, can you meet me at the park in twenty minutes. I have something important to ask you.”


A/N: I know this chapter is super short, but I just wanted you to get a preview of things before the real drama actually begins. If anyone is confused about how Dae is acting then allow me to explain. He is basically having a war within himself because he loves Jae but he is forced to be with Jieun. Nobody would approve of DaeJae's relationship if they made it official....or so they think anyways so they have to keep their love for each other a secret. Hence why they have to lie to themselves and each other because if they were honest then it would cause problems or lots of heartache....or so they think. Brownie points to whoever can guess what dae is gonna ask Jieun. Haha. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, and voting up this story. I appreciate all of the support and the love. Thanks so very much! ^_^

Also the things written in italic are the persons thoughts. ^_^