Mutual Interest

The Country Calls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three months passed since he first laid eyes on her. Since that fateful day, he's gotten to know Yuri well. Over coffee chats and long nights of overtime work, Yunho made sure to help Yuri settle into the organization seamlessly and get to know more about her as a person. His first impression, as always, was correct. She was so incredibly perfect, and not in the universal sense. He doubted that he could explain what was so perfect about her in a way that everyone could understand; it was just her. Her to him. Him with her. It was the first time Yunho really understood the significance of the word love. He loved her, and he also loved being himself, when he was with her. Does Yuri have even a clue about what I feel for her?

Before, he had dated many women but any feelings then were absolutely nothing compared to what he felt for Yuri. Now, he understood not only love, but fear. Yunho was originally a fearless man, and quite proud of it. He was able to adapt to any situation without emotional attachment, which was one reason why he was so good at his job. He had nothing to lose. But things changed--and dramatically so. For the better? He hoped so.

- - -

"Yunho! Hello?" Yoochun waved his hand in Yunho's face.

Yunho snapped out of his thoughts. 

"Yeah?"

Yoochun slapped his back and said, "Come on, dude. Let's eat lunch. What were you thinking about? You've been sitting there like a zombie forever."

Yunho heard giggles behind Yoochun, where he saw Yuri and Yoona. He stood up immediately, startled by Yuri's presence.

"Shall we go?" Yunho said, ignoring Yoochun's question and got up.

The four of them left for the cafeteria together. 

- - -

On the way to their lunch, Yoochun glanced at Yunho, who had a gentle look in his eyes as he watched Yuri laughing with Yoona ahead. He's so whipped for Yuri. What will it take for him to finally make a move?

Equipped with a mischievious idea, he asked, "Hey Yunho. I'm thinking about asking Yuri out. Do you think she'll say yes?"

Yunho turned his head to look at Yoochun, who almost recoiled at the dark look in his friend's eyes. "Are you serious about her?"

"I mean, look at her. She's freaking hot."

Yunho's eyes slit further. "I don't think she would say yes." Or would she?

Yoochun grinned. "You should ask her out before someone takes her away."

"What do you mean?" Yunho asked.

"Oh come on. You like her, don't you? I've known you for a long time and it couldn't be more obvious."

 

The four of them were eating, with the ladies chattering and the men listening. Yoochun occasionally glanced at his long-time colleague, entertained by his apparent infatuation for the newest addition to the organization.

Deciding to tease his friend, Yoochun tried to feed his spoon to Yuri. Yuri looked at his action, startled. He was not the type of person to do this. She was going to take his offer to be polite, when Yunho took the spoon and shoved it in Yoochun's mouth. 

"She can feed herself."

Yoochun grinned.  "Someone is jealous."

Yoona giggled, poking the blushing Yuri, who slapped Yoochun's arm.

"What are you saying?"

Yunho coughed profusely before shooting Yoochun an intimidating glare . Yoochun, trying to change the subject, carried on his plan and suggested a hang out after work.

"Yay! I'm in! Where to?" Yoona asked enthusiastically

"Let's head to the cafe that opened last week. I heard it was nice." Yoochun stated, aiming for something Yunho would approve of.

Yunho had a disapproving look on his face, but when Yuri agreed with a huge adorable grin on her face, Yunho couldn't hold back a smile and included himself in also.

- - -

After work ended, the four young agents left for the cafe. Yoochun previously told Yoona of his plan and as they were heading to the cafe, Yoochun and Yoona simultaneously got a call from home and "had to leave".

"I'm really sorry! I have to get going. You two can go yourselves." Yoochun stated, with a fake pout.

"Me too! Have fun!" Yoona waved and turned around to leave, laughing as she did so.

Yunho and Yuri were dumbfounded. The intentions behind the two flake

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter