A Change

The Country Calls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While eating the distasteful breakfast Yoochun had prepared up for him, he suddenly remembered the events of the day before. He put his face in his hands.

"What? Did you remember what you did?" Yoochun asked, amused.

Yunho nodded.

"Haha! Regretting fighting Shim now?"

"No. Something else."

This piqued Yoochun's curiosity. He asked, "Is there something I missed?"

Yunho got up from his seat.

"Come on! Tell me!" Yoochun nagged.

Yunho left the curious Yoochun at the table to get prepared for work.

- - -

Yuri was worried about her meeting with Yunho at the headquarters, and with Changmin during the mission. Yoona was chatting away about her food cravings as Yuri paced back and forth in the dressing room. She turned her head to the opening door and found Yunho standing there. He looked nervous.

"Oh! Hi, Oppa! I'll just... leave you two to talk," said Yoona, leaving the room to ask Yoochun about the details.

The door closed and silence filled the room, its two inhabitants speechless.

Simultaneously, the two blurted, "I'm..."

Yunho said, "You can go first."

She nodded, and started slowly, "I'm really sorry, Oppa."

Yunho's eyebrows went up.

"You're-You're sorry?"

"Yes, I'm sorry! I hope you don't misunderstand... It was for the mission."

Yunho trusted her. He just couldn't help but feel an eerie uneasiness when he saw Changmin and Yuri together. 

"Yuri, you don't have to be sorry. I'm the one who is supposed to be sorry... For what I did yesterday."

She blushed, and said, "Oh no, it's fine... I understand,"

"But it's not that I... don't want to kiss you but want to kiss Changmin," Yuri shyly added, feeling the need to clear things up.

Oh, that came out wrong.

An awkward silence pursued.

Yunho's eyebrows went up and the corners of his lips followed.

And he held Yuri's face in his hands, approaching her lips slowly, as if preparing for rejection. But Yuri did not move, and he closed the remaining gap between his lips and Yuri's. 

He pulled away, smiled at her, and left the room, leaving the shy Yuri to her bliss.

- - -

As soon as Yunho came out of the room, he touched his lips, and smiled. But his reminiscence was sadly interrupted by Sulhee, who watched him, unimpressed. 

"Yunho. Follow me."

Yunho sighed, and followed her down the unforgiving corridors.

- - -

Yunho cautiously entered the room and found Executive Kim there, also.

He and Sulhee bowed,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter