MT

The Country Calls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri cautiously entered the room with Yunho.

"Hi, Changmin," Yuri greeted, fidgeting.

Changmin ignored her greeting. He started, "Who's this?"

Phew... He doesn't recognize him?

"I'm Jung Yunho, your new advisor. Pleasure to meet you."

There was tangible tension between the two men. Yuri started to doubt her earlier assumption.

"Welcome," Changmin said, although his tone did not suggest welcome, at all.

He continued, "Yuri, come with me."

Yunho heard Sulhee's voice through the Bluetooth.

"Relax. I don't think he recognizes you."

Yuri and Changmin walked inside Changmin's room, while Yunho made his way to his new desk, next to Yuri's. 

- - -

"Who is that guy?" Changmin was testing her.

"Act like you don't know him."

"He's... I don't know."

"You don't know him?"

"I don't."

He was going to apologize for yesterday, but seeing her with her boyfriend, whom she also refused to admit she knew, his anger flared. 

"Why are you lying? He's that bastard from yesterday, isn't he?"

Yuri was shocked. "You recognized him?"

"Of course I did! And why is he here?"

"He's here for his job..." Yuri stated, with her head down.

"Well I can't tolerate him."

"What? Why?" Yuri asked, concerned.

Changmin slammed his hand on the table. "Do you even call that a question? It's because I..."

"I..."

"Changmin?"

"Nevermind. Just leave."

- - -

It was lunch time. Changmin came out of his office, early, just in case Yuri would stalk off with her bastard boyfriend.

"Yuri! I'm eating lunch with you today!"

"Huh? Okay. Well, we're going to the cafeteria. Is that okay with you?"

"Let's go."

- - -

"Omo! What is Boss doing here? He's so good-looking!"

"I know! And who's the other guy? He's so hot!"

All eyes in the cafeteria were on the three beautiful people, one man on each side of the woman. The place was silent, almost in some sort of respect to the inhumane beauties.

Someone spoke up. "Yuri-sshi! Over here!"

"Oh... Hi!"

Yuri walked over there with the two men following her. Only Yuri did not know the woman.

"I don't know if you know me, Yuri-sshi, but my name is Lee Yeonhee." 

As Yeonhee said this, she looked at Changmin. Her friend next to her, introduced herself, also. She clearly was into Yunho.

"Hello. My name is Go Ara."

The men both nodded their heads in nonchalant manner. Yuri was amused. The two are so different, yet similar. 

They took their seats at the table, as the rest of the people watched in envy. 

Yeonhee started, "So Yuri-sshi. Are you going to the MT next week?"

"MT? What's that?"

"It's a break that the employees take to get closer, and stuff. You know. It's really fun!" 

Yeonhee glanced at Changmin.

"Are you going to go, Boss?" asked Yeonhee. 

Changmin glanced at Yuri.

Yuri and Yunho heard Sulhee: "Say you're going. This is our chance. Yuri, persuade Changmin to go too."

Yuri chirped, "I'll go! Sounds like fun!"

"I'll go too," Changmin joined.

Yunho frowned. Yeonhee looked at Ara in excitement.

Ara shyly asked Yunho, "What about you?" 

"I'm going, as well."

Ara's face brightened, while Changmin's sunk.

"This'll be great!"

- - -

Yeonhee blatantly asked Changmin, "Are the rumors true, Boss? Are you really dating Yuri-sshi?"

Before Changmin could say anything, Yunho tersely cut in, "No."

"We'll see," said Changmin.

Suddenly, the atmosphere took a turn for the worse. Yuri nervously laughed, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"Haha! Good one, Boss! Oh... I have some things to do. Let's go, Yunho."

Yunho followed her, while Changmin ruefully watched the two of them leave, tied down by Yeonhee.

- - -

*A week later*

Yuri prepared for the MT in high spirits. She would be free from orders, although she had to keep contact. She was curious as to why she was ordered to go on this trip, but she didn't ask. She didn't want to seem ungrateful.

Yunho came directly to her house to pick her up and head to the company. Apparently, Yeonhee and Ara needed rides. 

So, Yunho stared at Yuri from time to time while he drove. When Yuri caught his gaze, she giggled and looked away while he smiled warmly. With one hand on the wheel, and the other holding Yuri's hand, they arrived at the company soon.

"You're here! That's great! You, Ara, Boss, and I can ride in your car! And Yuri-sshi!" Yeonhee packed her bags in Yunho's trunk while Ara sullenly moved he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter