The Beginning

The Country Calls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho sighed. Today's presentation seemed longer than usual and he looked at the clock several times as if doing so would make time go faster. 

".... reinforcements at the Mokpo branch. That is all."

Yunho stood up right away and left the room for the main office where Yuri worked. He found her going over the profiles of the current case's criminal suspects. She heard approaching footsteps and looked up to see Yunho. Her almond-shaped eyes rounded into full circles, knowing she was trapped.

"Shall we move to a more private place?"

Yuri nodded, sighing silently. She prepared herself for the worst, and started to regret her confession. The moment she saw Yunho's face after her confession, she knew it was hopeless. 

Yunho opened the door to one of the conference rooms and signaled Yuri to go inside. Yuri, head bowed down, entered with Yunho following. Yunho cleared his throat. 

He started, "Yuri... about what you said yesterday..." 

He felt like his heart was going to pound. Yuri looked up at him slowly.

"I.... like you too. I liked you since the first time I met you."

Yuri's eyes got even wider than before. This was totally unexpected.

"Huh?"

Yunho nervously chuckled. "Why? Did you have a change of heart?"

"Nononononono... But REALLY?"

Yunho let out the breath he had been holding and smiled.

"Really."

A blush creeped up on Yuri's face, and she smiled.

Yuri hugged Yunho, grabbing Yunho's coat tightly to hold in her joy. Yunho's eyes widened in surprise. His pulse quickened but he slowly wrapped around her.

- - -

During the lunch break, everyone was astonished to see Yunho's arm around Yuri as they walked in the cafeteria. Some were disappointed (the younger population) but most were happy for the couple. But everyone had one question: How did Jung Yunho fall in love? 

The couple walked to their table where Yoochun and Yoona sat, teasingly congratulating them. 

"Wow. Jung Yunho, I'm impressed. You were faster than I expected! No wonder you were all smiles today!" Yoochun patted Yunho on the back.

"I knew it! You two are meant for each other!" Yoona said as she hugged Yuri.

The two lovers' eyes met, but they looked away immediately. It was still awkward after the hug. They ate lunch, keeping their eyes fixed on their trays, until everyone was finished. 

- - -

A week passed, as did the awkwardness between Yunho and Yuri. Yunho has never been happier. But he was slightly worried because of Executive Park. He thought she would t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter