Trust

The Country Calls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is this your important appointment?" Yunho asked.

Yuri parted from Changmin. She took a step towards Yunho, but stopped when she noticed Ara right next to him, looking smug for whatever reason.

"Oppa---" Yuri couldn't finish, as Ara interrupted.

"Yunho-Oppa, let's eat with them. Changmin-Oppa, is that okay?"

Changmin looked at Yuri.

"Thanks!" Ara took a seat at their table anyway, making Yunho sit next to her also. 

"What are you doing? Sit, Yuri-sshi," Ara said sharply.

"Quite intrusive of you, Ara-sshi. I wanted to eat alone with Yuri," said Changmin, equally sharply.

Ara pretended she didn't hear his comment. Yunho watched Changmin with a menacing gaze. Yuri could almost choke from the tension. But why is Yunho-Oppa here with Ara?

Changmin pulled the chair for Yuri as she took a seat and smiled at him weakly. Yuri tried to get Yunho to look at her. Please trust me, Oppa.

Yunho gave her a small smile. I trust you.

Yuri smiled in relief.

Changmin asked Yuri, "What do you want to order? Same from last time?"

Yuri nodded meekly, feeling extremely uncomfortable with the situation. Yunho shut his menu.

"Oppa! Get the dinner special, it's my favorite!" Ara said, wrapping her arm around Yunho's. 

Yuri frowned at Ara. 

"Thanks," Yunho said, "but I already know what I want," eyeing Yuri.

Ara glowered at Yuri, who was oblivious. Kwon Yuri. You're the cause of all my problems.

After the waiter took their orders, Changmin asked Yunho, "What are you guys doing here?"

Ara smiled at Yunho and said, "We're on a date! Just like you guys!"

She added, "But Yuri... you should put some more effort in your outfit to prevent from embarassing Changmin."

Yuri looked at Ara's miniskirt and top, which unnecessarily revealed a large portion of her cleavage. Then Yuri looked down at her relatively shabby outfit and flushed. Am I supposed to wear something like that?

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize---."

"Actually, I don't mind at all, Ara," Changmin said.

"Come on, Oppa. Don't lie. After all, your reputation is more important than her pride."

Changmin retaliated, "You should wear some clothes---"

"Get up." Yunho took Sulhee's hand and dragged her out of the balcony.

- - -

"Why are you acting like this?" Yunho asked seriously. 

"Because I hate her! Do you know why?" Ara asked. "Because I like you!"

Ara expected some reaction, but he didn't even flinch. "Then don't do this. Because I might hate you if you keep saying things like that."

"Then what am I supposed to do?" Ara asked, her eyes teary.

Yunho looked away. "Like someone else. I already have someone I love."

Ara grabbed his shoulders. "Oppa! Didn't you see Changmin and Yuri together?"

"I did. I trust Yuri. And even if she does like Changmin... it doesn't change anything."

"You can't say that you don't have any feelings for me." As she said this, she pressed Yunho against the wall and kissed him. Yunho shoved her off of him.

"What the hell are you doing?" Yunho shouted.

"I'm not going to give up on you, Oppa."

"You really have no boundaries, do you?"

Yunho shook his head and headed back to the balcony, with Ara following him.

- - -

Yuri looked after them worriedly.

"I'm going to get her fired," Changmin said irritatedly, staring after her retreating figure.

"No, she's right. It's my fault," Yuri said, looking down.

"No. I don't want you to wear the kind of clothes Ara does, outside at least."

"Changmin..."

Yunho sat back down on his seat, followed by Ara. Yuri stiffened.

Yuri noticed something different about Yunho.

"Oppa... Is that... lipstick on your lips?" Yuri asked.

Yunho's eyes flashed and Sulhee smirked.

"Yuri..."

"Yes, it's lipstick. My lipstick. Do you not get it?"

"Wait, Yuri..."

Yuri's eyes blurred. "I forgot I had some important things to do."

She ran out. Changmin rose at the same time as Yunho.

"Oppa, don't go," Ara pleaded.

"You don't deserve Yuri, you bastard," Changmin said, before running off after Yuri.

- - -

Yuri's tears wouldn't stop. 

She saw a green light and was about to cross the street, when she was pulled back, and suddenly wrapped in warmth.

"Are you trying to kill yourself?" Changmin yelled.

It's Changmin... she thought in disappointment. I thought Yunho would at least try to deny

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter