Mission

The Country Calls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks passed. Yuri and Yunho refrained from any interaction. Every day Yunho went to work, his heart broke. He was relieved that he was able to see Yuri everyday, but seeing her so miserable, almost as much as himself, and not being able to comfort her, really hurt. His heart was a little comforted by the fact that Yoona tended to Yuri, but he still wanted to be the one to comfort Yuri. In addition to his stress, the drug trafficking case was handed over to Sulhee and it didn't seem like he would ever get his case back. But due to his stress regarding Yuri, he couldn't focus on the task anymore. The case now seemed of little importance.

- - -

Yoona stared down at Yuri.

"Can you give this to Yunho?"

Yuri blinked at Yoona. 

"Yoona. Can I not do it, please? Don't you know my situation here?"

"That's precisely why I'm asking you. And at least get along, even if you can't date. You can't avoid him forever. I can't stand the tension between you two."

"But-"

"Now go! Hwaiting!" Yoona pushed her out of their office.

- - -

The door opened. Yunho looked up to find a fair-mooded Sulhee, who shut the door behind her.

"What do you want?"

"I saw, you two are not dating anymore." She sauntered up to his desk.

Sulhee wrapped her arms around Yunho as she sat down on his lap, when the door suddenly opened. One heartbroken girl stood at the door, wide-eyed.

"I-I didn't mean to intrude!" She apologized, leaving a stack of papers on the floor and running off.

Yuri.

Yunho pushed Sulhee off of him and stood up to chase after Yuri, when he was held back.

"Why are you going after her? You don't have to explain anything. You're not dating her, or something." Sulhee explained, innocently.

Yunho stared at her, and left, slamming the door behind him.

Maybe he'd forget about her if she stopped seeing her at work... Sulhee reasoned.

- - -

Yuri rushed to the bathroom, trying to hold in her tears.

He's already forgotten all about me.

- - -

This time, Yuri was ordered to attend the meeting regarding the drug trafficking case.

Why me? This is a high-priority mission for high officials only...

She also remembered Yunho. He was worrying over this case...

As she entered the neat conference room, she took a seat, wondering why she was even allowed in this meeting. As the officers entered the room, she saw Yunho as well and he looked at her surprised, as if he was wondering why she was there. Soon, the presentation by Sulhee, started.

- - -

Sulhee was presenting her plan, when she introduced Yuri's name. Yuri and Yunho stiffened.

"One of our trusted agents of the Criminal Investigations Division, Kwon Yuri, will be going undercover as Shim Changmin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter