Chapter ❼

Mistake

Yuri, Jessica, Yoona and Taeyeon did nothing but to catch up that day. Yoona and Jessica told stories while they're at USA, but Yoona did most of the talking which made Yuri and Taeyeon really entertained also because of the kid's silliness.

After a few minutes, Taeyeon received a message from his girlfriend. Yes, his girlfriend, Sunny, Tiffany's friend, telling him to pick her up now, and of course being the obedient guy, he said goodbye and left, leaving the 'family'.

"Great, he left with his car." Yuri mumbled under his breath.

"Yuri-ahh, it's raining hard. I don't think you'll find a transportation nearby." Jessica informed Yuri as she looked outside the window.

Yuri sighed. "Would you mind if I stay a little bit longer?"

Yoona's face lightened up as she heard what her 'father' said and beamed, "Of course!! More time with appa! Yaay!~" she hopped to Yuri and hugged him again.

Yuri chuckled. "Ok, baby. We'll play, neh?"

Yoona just nodded, but before they play, Yoona ran to Jessica and hugged her tight. "Umma! Gomawo! This is the best birthday gift ever!" and kissed her mother's tummy for she can't reach Jessica's cheeks.  

Yuri was caught off guard. It's Yoona's birthday? "Yoona, it's your birthday?" he asked.

"Aigoo, appa, it's my 4th birthday today! How could you forget?" she pouted next.

"H-huh? Aniya. I wouldn't be here if I forgot about it, right? I'm sorry, I don't have any present for you though. I was in a rush."

Yoona chuckled, "I was just kidding, appa. And I don't want any gift, you being here on my 4th birthday is the best gift I could ever have! Umma was right, she said she'll give me a surprise, and I love it!" she then hugged him again.

Yuri just smiled. He suddenly felt guilty for lying to her. And seeing the kid so happy only because of his appearance made him feel guilty too. He doesn't know why, but it has something to do with Yoona. Then he suddenly thought, what if he wasn't really Yoona's father? The girl will be so heart broken, and so does he. He'd been close with the kid even though they've seen each other thrice only.

Yuri and Yoona already started playing. They ran around the house, tickled each other, played some toys and Yuri entertained his 'daughter' by playing his guitar which was kept by Jessica. Soon, they grew hungry and because the rain haven't stopped yet, Jessica insisted for Yuri to have his dinner with them which also made Yoona very happy again. There were a lot of foods that was supposed to be eaten by the neighborhood and Yoona's friends, but since Yuri an Taeyeon arrived and the rain was heavy, only 3 people ate what Jessica prepared.

"When did you learn how to cook?" Yuri suddenly asked.

"Hmm?"

Yuri smiled. "I love the food."

Jessica blushed at Yuri's compliment. She read, studied and memorized every cooking book they have while she was away and she thought it's really worth it.

"Thanks. I worked hard to learn how to cook, but of course I burnt a few kitchens back then." she joked.

Yuri laughed, "You're silly, Jessica. But at least it paid off. You're a very good housewife now."

"You think so?" Jessica asked that in return Yuri nodded which made Jessica really happy.

•••

After they ate and Yuri helped washing the dishes, the latter and Yoona continued their bonding. After an hour or so, Yoona fell asleep on Yuri's chest.

"Sica..." Yuri called out softly. "Yoona is sleeping already."  

Jessica nodded and went towards them to get Yoona from Yuri. Yoona's face frowned a bit when Jessica tried to carry her then she tightened her grip on Yuri's body.

Yuri smiled. "Don't worry, I'll bring her to her room. Come on, show me the way." He said as he stood up carefully not to wake the girl he is carrying. Jessica nodded again and made her way upstairs to Yoona's room with Yuri trailing behind.

After setting Yoona on the bed he stared at her for a while then went out. Jessica, who waited outside her daughter's room closed the door and faced Yuri.

"I have to go now, Sica. It's kinda late already." Yuri said.

"It's raining hard, Yuri. You'll barely see any transportation inside this subdivision too."

"Well... there will be some, for sure. Besides, I have to go to work tomorrow. I've been absent for a week."  

Jessica sighed. She crossed her arms over her chest and looked at Yuri again. "I insist. You may stay her for tonight. I don't think Taeyeon will come and fetch you either." 

"Nooo~ It's ok." Yuri shook her hands in front Jessica while shaking his head also.

Jessica frowned. "Yuri..."

"Bu—"

"No buts. You'll stay and that's final. Any problem?" She raised her eyebrow, looking intimidating as ever. It gave Yuri a thought that Jessica would be a very VERY scary teacher if ever she is one.

Yuri was very intimidated too. He remembered when he was courting Jessica. She was so cold and snobbish that he almost wanted to give up, but when he saw Jessica slowly opening up to him, his hopes rose until Jessica said yes to him.

He tried to utter some word. He closed and opened his mouth, but nothing came out.

"What?" Jessica asked.  

"I... Uhh... Umm, where do I s-sleep then?"

"Since there's no such thing as guest room in this house then... would you mind sleeping beside me?"  

"What?!" Yuri exclaimed.

"Shush! Remember we're outside Yoona's room." Jessica scolded.

"I'm sorry, but no. I sleep on the couch. I'll be fine."

"Sorry, but I'm saying no also. You're a guest, so you should be comfortable while you stay."

Yuri sighed next. "And I insist. I'll be comfortable on the couch. Come on, Jessica, I agreed to stay, please at least let me choose where to rest."

Jessica sighed too. Yuri, this guy never changed. He is still the stubborn guy she love. "Aigoo, ok, ok. There is a bathroom near the kitchen downstairs, if you need a shower there's an extra towel on the towel rack. Extra toothbrush is inside and I have some clothes from my big bro in my bedroom."

Jessica said a lot but Yuri could only nod. And this girl, Jessica, is still the mother-like her.

Yuri excused himself and went down to take his shower. As the warm water flowed down his well toned body, it made him relaxed than ever. After a week of depression and sadness, the feeling he's feeling right now made all of it fade away.

Just as Yuri went out of the shower area, drying his hair with a towel wrapped from his waist below, Jessica knocked an called out to him.

"Yul, here are the— th-the..." Jessica's eyes widened as the door opened. There, right in front if her, is the body she always admired. Not that she's a or what, it's just that... it's the best body for her.

Yuri was oblivious at first, then he saw that bright shade of pink on Jessica's cheeks who seems to be frozen and rooted on her place.

"Umm..." Yuri poked Jessica. "Sica?"

Jessica blinked, gulped the lump on , cleared and looked away. She gave the neatly folded clothes she's holding to Yuri without looking or at least peek at Yuri's glorious body again.  

"Thanks." Yuri said, taking the clothes. Jessica just nodded I return and faced back, ready to leave, but Yuri called that made her stop.

"You've seen this a lot of times already. Why are you acting like that?" Yuri chuckled. He's obviously teasing the girl.

Jessica gasped and then looked back at Yuri. "Yah!~"

Yuri only laughed at Jessica's reaction. Yuri stuck his tongue out to Jessica before locking himself inside the bathroom to dress up. Jessica was left outside again, her cheeks red more than ever because of embarrassment.

"Aarrghhh!!~" Jessica shrieked cause of frustration as she went back to her room. While doing so, some curses could be heard.

•••

1:00 am

Jessica suddenly woke up after that creepy dream she had with a running cucumber. Truth to be told, even a cucumber in a dream could scare the heck out of Jessica Jung.  

She decided to go downstairs to get some water to calm herself and to at least moisturize her drying throat. As she was about to return to her precious sleep, she happened to pass by (or check) Yuri who was sleeping peacefully on the couch.

Yuri was wearing her brother's sleeveless white top and shorts. And with those piece of clothe, electric fan and the cold surrounding because the heavy rain wasn't stopping yet, it's pretty obvious that Yuri was cold. He's hugging himself, and Jessica thought he might shiver a as time goes by.

Being the thoughtful and caring girl inside, Jessica went up to get a thick blanket from her cabinet. She went back down and placed the blanket over him as quietly and carefully she could as to not awake the sleeping prince. After she saw his face look better, she couldn't help but stare at him. His face she always love.

"I still love you, Yuri. I never stopped loving you. And I hope you'll give me a chance to continue loving you until I could still see the blinding light of the sun." Jessica whispered ever softly then smiled sadly. She took one last glance at him before she kissed her point and ring finger and laid it on his forehead. For now, an indirect kiss is the best way she could show her love for him.

 

・・・❤❤❤・・・

Well, here I am again! I'm so sorry I posted this late. Our internet wasn't really cooperating well lately -.- anyway, I hope you guys like it. YulSic shippers, what do you say?! XD don't lose hope for Soulkeepers, though. This is still a YulTi fic ;)

*p.s sorry for typos and wrong grammars :3