Chapter ①⓪

Mistake

"Jessica?!" Yuri shouted as he open the door to her house. How? Of course, Jessica gave him keys and he may enter any time he wants.

Looking around he doesn't seem to feel Jessica's presence, until she heard small footsteps from upstairs. He smiled immediately.

"Appa!"

Yuri went to his daughter and kissed the girl's crown. He carried him and asked. "Baby, where's your mother?"

Yoona just shrugged. "You're alone?" he asked again, surprised though he knew Jessica won't be too irresponsible to leave their daughter alone.

"Aigoo, of course not appa." Yoona replied.

"Jessica will never leave Yoona alone. You know that Yuri." a voice said. Yuri looked at the stairs and saw Nicole, Jessica's cousin and the one who did the DNA test.

"Oh, Nicole." He smiled at her. "Where's Sica?"

"What's with the sudden interest, Yul? Is this the sign that you two will be together again?" Nicole grinned, walking to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

Yuri chuckled while he shook his head. "It's already my routine, Nic. It's not like I don't look for her when we're still together." He said then sat down own the couch with Yoona sitting on his lap and is playing with his tie.

"Well, that's another reason. You're looking for her when you still love her. And now you do. I'm still hoping, you know. Though there's an itty bitty chance." Nicole said, whispering the last sentence. Yuri heard it but it was really faint that he didn't mind it.

"Whatever, Nicole. I came to borrow my daughter... Do you want to go out with appa, baby?"

"Of course, appa! But I have to change my clothes first." Yoona pouted.  

Yuri chuckled, "Sure. Let's go, I'll pick a dress for you." Yuri was about to stand up when his daughter stopped him. "No, appa! I'll choose alone so that you will be surprised." and Yuri just nodded as Yoona already made her way upstairs.  

"Yul oppa..." Nicole suddenly called out.  

"Yeah?" he replied, looking at the girl."

"I know things didn't quite end well between you and Jessica unnie, but I hope you understand her."

Yuri sighed. "I wanted to. But how am I going to understand her if she won't explain to me?" Yuri stopped for a while and leaned his back. "You know what happened, right?" and Nicole hesitantly nodded. "It's better you hear it from her. I don't want to meddle in this situation. At least not now."

Yuri nodded. This, at least, he understand. He himself wouldn't want to meddle into this kind of situation if he's on Nicole's shoes. But he can't help but to ask, "At least tell me a little bit of the reason why she had to leave me without a proper good bye?"

Nicole sighed. "Ok, ok. Promise not to tell Sica unnie... But let's just say that it has something to do with AJ."

Yoona came running down from her bedroom, oblivious of the atmosphere around her dad and aunt. She wore a pink floral dress that made her look prettier. This girl, I better look out for guys her age by now, Yuri thought.  

"Appa, appa! What do you think?", Yoona asked as she twirled around, showing her father the dress she chose.

"You look so pretty, Yoong." Yuri smiled and stood up to carry his smiling child. He turned to Nicole and asked, "Would you like to join us, Nic? I really won't mind if you're thinking I would."

Nicole shook her head 'no' and said, "Nah. I don't want to be a third wheel in your date.", then she chuckled.

Yuri laughed. "Yah, you're crazy."

"Appa, what is date?" Yoona asked cutely.

"Ahh, that's nothing, baby." Yuri replied with a smile.

"Ok! Bye Nic auntie! Appa and I will go to a date~" Yoona beamed at her auntie as she waved a goodbye while Yuri was walking towards the door.

"Bye, Yoona. Have fun with your appa." Nicole waved back.

•••

"Yah, where are you, unnie?"

"Sorry, Nic. I don't think I'll be at home tonight... Or a few more days."

"What do you mean?"

"I can't. I'm sorry. I mean, I need time to cool off before I esca—"

"Unnie? Yah, unnie? Aish!"

Nicole slumped herself on the couch after the phone call was cut. She stared at her phone for a while, waiting, hoping that she'll call again. But after a few minutes of waiting, and no one called, she grew worried for her.

"I hope you're ok, unnie." she mumbled to herself.

・・・❤❤❤・・・

Hiii!! I'm back! Was it short? Sorry about that, guys TT^TT I'm such a bad author. Besides being busy with all the school works, I'm kinda having an author's block... But yeah, for my readers!  Present to you, Chapter 10! :D I think this story will last another 5 or 10 chapters :D it'll be longer than I thought.
Leave your comments! And thank you to all those who subscribed and upvoted... Hello to all the new readers and old readers there! ^_^/