Chapter ❻

Mistake

Taeyeon entered Yuri's room only to find the latter staring at the none living thing. Taeyeon couldn't even say what his friend was thinking at that time. Was he done reading it? Is he reading it? Or didn't he understand what was written in there at all?

Taeyeon decided to approach his friend. "Yul, bro..."

Yuri was silent for a while again... Then a lone tear escaped his eye that dropped on the paper. Taeyeon saw it, and it immediately made his heart wrench. It was actually the first time again after almost 4 years starting when Jessica left him too.

"Bro, Tiffany will kill me if I tell you, but if you want, I can help you stop her from leaving." he said, sitting near Yuri.  

Yuri shook his head. "No." then wiped the tear stain on his face. "I know Tiffany very well. Once she said it, she'll do it."

"What? Yuri, I'm sure you can do something. Tiffany loves you, she won't go to California if you just convince her a little more."

"If she really does, right from the start, she won't think of going elsewhere... Let's stop this, Taeyeon. I'll move on."

Again, Taeyeon was shut. He felt sorry for his friend, but he really can't do anything about it if his friend doesn't really wanna fight anymore. And what Yuri said next surprised him more.

"Bring me to, Jessica." Yuri said.

"What? Are you serious?"

"You think I'm joking? Please, Taeyeon, if Yoona really is my daughter I want to be a father to her. If she really is my daughter, I'll do what Tiffany says." He said then looked at Taeyeon. "You do know where she is, right?"

"I do... But—"

"No buts, Taeyeon. Just bring me to her, please."

Taeyeon sighed. Aish! I'm going crazy! Why did I even let myself into this mess?

"Fix yourself then off we go. Faster, you have less than 30 minutes."

Yuri nodded with a slight smile on his face. Though it's only a slight smile, Taeyeon was happy to see his friend's face lighten up even just for a bit. Maybe Jessica and Yoona could really help Yuri move on.

 

Taeyeon waited downstairs for Yuri, and good thing he went down before Taeyeon's patience run off. Yuri appeared pretty presentable too. The handsome friend of Kim Taeyeon is back.

 

"Woah, bro, looking handsome again, huh?" Taeyeon chuckled as he saw Yuri.

Yuri smiled again. "Are you saying I looked really ugly the past days?"

Taeyeon brought his hand below his chin and rubbed it playfully. "Lemme see... Yes, you do." Taeyeon then laughed resulting Yuri to chuckle.

"This should do, Yuri. You're getting better, bro."

"Hope so..."

"Enough talk. Let's go!"

And with that, both of them went out of Yuri's house and hopped onto Taeyeon's car. As they were ready, Taeyeon sped off to Jessica's place with the slightly nervous Kwon Yuri inside.

•••  

JESSICA'S POV

I opened the door when I heard someone press the doorbell. Yoona walked behind me and her face immediately lightened.  

"Appa!~" She said as she run to Yuri and hug him.

I saw Yuri smile while he patted Yoona's head. "Hey there, Yoona." he said. Yuri squatted next to Yoona and smiled at her again. "How are you?"  

"I'm fine, appa! I'm so happy to see you here." Yoona beamed.

I looked behind Yuri and saw Taeyeon. I smiled at him to acknowledge his presence and he smiled back. After that I invited them in and gave them something to drink and eat.

I'm inside the kitchen when I felt someone behind me. I spun around and saw the slightly shocked Yuri.

"Ohh hey. I-I'm sorry if I scared you." I said.

He shook his head. "Aniya. I think it's me who scared you."

I just smiled at him. This will go nowhere if I insisted that I frightened him. Then I asked. "Do you need something?"

"Not really. I just want to say sorry..." he said before rubbing the back of his head. Handsome.

"What for?" I asked. Really, did he do something wrong?

"For how I acted at the mall a few weeks ago. I was just so mad that time when I... when I saw you..."

I smiled. I don't know why but I did. "It's ok. I would've done the same thing if it was me. Maybe worse."

After I delivered my words to him, he chuckled. I could feel my heart. It hurts. I've missed his chuckles, his voice, his mere presence. I missed him.

"Jessica-ssi, did you hear me?" he chuckled again. Oopsie, I was too occupied with my thoughts that I didn't hear him.

"H-huh? What was that?"

"I said, you must've changed a lot, but the way you are mad or angry is still the same."

I just smiled. And the next thing I said was pretty shocking and unexpected for both of us.

"Yuri, may I hug you?"

I saw Yuri's eyes widen for a bit that was the time when I realized that he was sad. I know Yuri, he smiles almost always specially when he's with me... But that was before, of course.

Then Yuri nodded. I launched myself to him and hugged him tight. He didn't hug back. That was expected for me.

"I... I missed you, Yuri." I said while I still held him.

Yuri didn't reply. Of course, what do you want to hear from him? I missed you too? Tch, dream on Jessica Jung.

We both broke the hug after a few more seconds. I looked at him, he looked at me. I think he wants to say something, but he's still debating if he should.

"Just say it, Yuri." I said.

Yuri slightly chuckled as he scratch the back of his head, I know that gesture. He's shy. Then he said, "It's about Yoona."

Ok, that caught my full attention. "What about her?"

"Umm, you see..." his voice was hesitant. "Ti-Tiffany left be-because of this matter. Of course, I-I wanted to make sure s-she's my daughter."

I sighed. He must've not known that Tiffany went here. She kinda told me she'll leave. I felt sorry for both of them. Blame me and this weak body of mine. "And you suggest DNA test?"

"Yes, please."

"Sure. Tomorrow, let's go to my cousin's lab. She knows what to do."

 

 

・・・❤❤❤・・・
 
Another update!! YulSic for everyone~ Don't hate me Soulkeepers 。・°°・(>_<)・°°・。 Leave your comments wether you like it or not xD (and pardon me for errors and typos. Sorry for being lazy OTL)