Chapter ①②

Mistake

Tiffany was out today, trying her luck to find a work in order not to burden Vivian. She think she does specially that Vivian carries her expenses, too, that's why here she is, trying hard, sweating herself.  

Tiffany sat on the bench under the tree at the park and sighed. "Aish, why is it hard to look for a job here? I say it's better in Korea" she pouted.

While she was resting, she wandered her eyes around. She then saw an American guy sitting on the second bench from her with a cup of coffee. She remembered a tan guy.


FLASHBACK

Tiffany was jogging at the park. It was her second round and she decided to take a rest for a few minutes. She sat down on a bench, drank her bottle of water and heaved a sigh for no reason. While she was resting, the guy beside her, who's holding a cup of coffee with both hands, staring out of nowhere, caught her attention.

The guy beside her doesn't seem to know, or care, about Tiffany. He was just staring. Nobody knows where, but he stares like it's the most interesting thing in the world.

Tiffany faked a cough. "Ehem..."

To no avail, she didn't get his attention. So, she tried again. Louder this time. "Ehem!"

Still, he was staring. Tiffany frowned while she was looking at him. Is he deaf or what?

"Umm, excuse me, mister." Tiffany waved her right hand in front of the guy's face, and that made the guy snap his head to look at her, looking surprised. "Huh? Yeah?"

"Uhh..." she was lost for words. Didn't know what to say. Maybe because she was caught off-guard. Well, he looks definitely MORE handsome. she thought.

"Is there something wrong, miss?" he asked, his voice, nothing lively but a lifeless one.

"Huh?" Tiffany straightened her back. Then she shook her head. "No! No, no, no, no. Nothing's wrong..."  

"Ohh, ok." He replied. He fixed his sit and started to go back deep in his thoughts.

"Uhh, I'm Tiffany, by the way." She smiled as she brought her hands out for a handshake. The guy just nodded.  

"Ok? And you are?"

He sighed and looked at the girl beside him again. "I'm Yuri. What do you need?"

"You might want to drink your coffee before it gets cold."  

Yuri sighed once again and stood up. He placed his coffee on the bench and left while mumbling, "Why does she even care?"

Tiffany was left dumbfounded for a few seconds, but after seeing the retreating back of Yuri she ran after him. "Hey!" but Yuri didn't stop.

When she was already walking beside him, she tapped his shoulder and smiled at him. "Hey, Yuri. Can we be friends?"  

"What?" He stopped.  

"You see, I'm a new girl here. I just moved from the US, so, I was thinking maybe we could be friends!"  

Yuri turned his back to her and walked again. "No."

Tiffany pouted and followed him. "Why not?"

"There are a lot of people here."

"But I picked you."

"No."

"Why?"

Yuri groaned in annoyance and faced the girl behind him. "Look, you can't be my friend."

"And I ask why?" Tiffany, the annoying girl she is, crossed her arms.

"Aish! I'm a !"

Lie. He has to lie if he wants this girl following him to go away.

"Ohh..." Tiffany slowly nodded. "So?"

"Argggh! Leave me alone! I don't have time for this!" Yuri was already so annoyed that he already messed his hair.

"You don't look like a . Usually, rapists have a creepy looking face. Dirty, hairy, and old looking face. You look decent for a too."

"I don't care. Leave me alone. I'm busy." then he continued walking again.

"Let me help you then."

"You can't. No one can help me. Except her. I-if she loves me, she'll be back t-to me. Here. In this very park." He said, his eyes were wet already.

Tiffany could tell that the guy is trying hard to stop himself from crying. And now she understands. The guy she was annoying was heartbroken.

She pulled Yuri with her and sat on another bench. She was debating if she would do what she was thinking. Bt after seeing him, still looking fragile, she hugged him.

"You can sue me for touching you. Maybe you think I'm a ert, but I just can't stand seeing a broken person. We're nothing related, not even friends. We just knew each other's name."

"I-I'm sorry."

"Why are you saying sorry?" she asked. Yuri broke the hug and wiped his tears.

"I just felt like saying it. Maybe because I was bad to you. And this. You wasted your time with me."

"What?" she chuckled. "Yes, you're bad to me. But staying here with you is my choice. Besides, I was desperate convincing you to be my friend."

"Why? What did you see in me? I don't understand you."

"Let's just say I have a crush on you." Tiffany thought. But no, she won't say that. She shook her head and grinned. "I just want to. Maybe I find you interesting when in fact, you just stared out of nowhere earlier. Maybe because you seem like a fun person. And I like challenges. You were cold to me and I took it as a challenge."  

Yuri sighed. "You're crazy. You barely even know me."

"That's why we should be friends, so that we'll get to know each other!" she smiled. "Let's be friends" Tiffany held out her hand again for a handshake. For a moment Yuri just looked at it but eventually, he held it and shaked their hands.

"You're pretty stubborn, but yeah, let's be friends" He smiled.

That's the first time he smiled because if another girl unrelated to him, and that's where their friendship started.

END OF FLASHBACK


Tiffany just smiled remembering the first time they met. It seems like yesterday when they were just friends, until they became together, and now, separated.

Tiffany shook her head. Rest time is enough and she has to continue looking for a job. As she was about to stand up, a flyer, blown by the wind, flew beside her on the bench. She took it and read.

Tiffany grinned. "Just right for my profession."

With her portfolio within her grasp, she happily stood and went to the address stated on the flyer.  

"Photographer for a newspaper? Not bad."

・・・❤❤❤・・・

Here's the update I promised! <3 YulTi was really close the past few days so I decided to change the update. I hope you like this though ^_^ Leave your comments, ok?
p.s sorry for some missing words and typos OTL