Chapter 7

The Unforgivable Couple

  Since I didn't have anything in particular to do today, I finished with lunch & relaxed in my room. I didn't have anything to do in my room by myself & just stared at my phone. The amusement park was fun.. Onmy phone, there was a picture of the amusement park. When I looked at my brother smiling like a child, I ended up smiling without thinking.


Jaejoong: Ah..


  "We're brother & sister, right?" Suddenly my brother's words came to mind. I still don't know why the mood suddenly got worse after that. Even though he spent the day with me.. I wonder if big brother is angry.. On my phone, my brother was still smiling. I sighed whiled looking at that image. Then, the screen changed & my ringtone went off. When I saw the name of the person who was calling me on the screen, I tilted my head in confusion.


Jaejoong: It's from Yoona.. Hello?
Yoona: Hello, Jaejoong?
Jaejoong: Hello.
Yoona: I apologize for calling you so suddenly. Would you happen to be free today?
Jaejoong: E-er, well..
Yoona: I'm glad. I was wondering if we would be able to talk.
Jaejoong: Yes. When you say talk, what do you..
Yoona: Then, could you come to the hotel lounge?


  Eh.. Are we going to meet up talk..?


Yoona: Would that be inconvinient for you?
Jaejoong: No, its fine. I will come around one hour.
Yoona: Then, I'll wait for you.


  A sudden invitation from Yoona. I don'treally want to go.. Since I wanted to hear about my brother, I decided to go. When I went to the designated lounge, Yoona was waiting, wearing flashy clothes as usual.


Yoona: I apologize for calling you out so suddenly. Were you busy?
Jaejoong: No, I didn't have anything to do today.
Yoona: Well, that's perfect. Would you like anything to drink?


  For a little while after that, Yoona continued to chat about harmless & inoffensive things. While making the atmosphere feel relaxing, making me less wary..


Yoona: I'm already 27, right? The cosmetics I've been using uo until now are starting to not match me anymore..
Jaejoong: Well..
Yoona: You're fine on that point, Jaejoong since you're still young. I'm envious.
Jaejoong: U-um..
Yoona: Yes? Is something the matter?
Jaejoong: Um, when you said 'talk' earlier..?
Yoona: Ah, i apologize. It's just that you're so easy to talk to, Jaejoong, so I.. I ended up talking about completely unrelated topics..
Jaejoong: Was it.. about my brother?
Yoona: Yes.. I called you out today because there was something I had to ask you.


  When Yoona finally began talking about the real topic, she started passionatety.


Yoona: You've heard from Yunho already, yes? About our engagement.
Jaejoong: Yes. It was called off.. That's what I heard from my brother.
Yoona: It's true. The truth is that I am no longer Yunho's fiancee. However, the reason for that is a certain misunderstanding.
Jaejoong: Misunderstanding?
Yoona: If that could be cleared up.. Yunho would definitely rethink the annulment of our engagement. Jaejoong, would you please cooperate with me on that matter?


  I want you to cooperate. Yoona clasped my hand tightly as if to strongly appeal to me.


Jaejoong: U-um, what sort of misunderstanding is..
Yoona: T-that's right. If I don't start from there first.. I.. The truth is, I can't have children.
jaejoong: Eh..
Yoona: i was dating Yunho while hiding that fact. Eventually, Yunho will be successor to the Jung family. If he found out I couldn't have children, he would call off the engagement.. I was worried about that, so I couldn't tell him..
Jaejoong: T-then, does my brother know..?
Yoona: No, that's not it. After I went to New York with Yunho, I secretly tried an infertility treatment. Then, I met with a renowned doctor. Thanks to that, I can now have children.
Jaejoong: That' sgreat! But, if that's what happened, why?
Yoona: The problem is money..
jaejoong: Ah..
Yoona: Because of the advanced infertility treatment & futhermore because I took the treatment in an unfamiliar land.. The medical expenses just piled up. I broke our engagement to live just on our own income.. And I ended up asking for halp from my family. that's what made Yunho angry.
Jaejoong: But if you just told him honestly it was for an infertility treatment..
Yoona: I couldn't tell him. I hid teh fact that I couldn't have children. I just couldn't tell him.
jaejoong: ...


  While dabbing at her eyes with a handkerchief, Yoona said that with a trembling voice.


Jaejoong: I understand.. I'll tell my brother.
Yoona: Eh? Will you really?
Jaejoong: It isn't story you should hide. If I tell him, my brother will definitely understand.
Yoona: Y-you can't do that. Please don't tell him about my infertility!
jaejoong: Eh, but..
Yoona: I want you to explain it to Yunho like this. That I needed money because of anther reason that he'll be able to understand. I've prepares another reason.
Jaejoong: Do you mean that I should lie to my brother..?
Yoona: It's because you're a woman like me that I talked to you about this, right? If you do like I ask, Yuhno feelings will definitely retuen! Please!
Jaejoong: That's..


  I didn' think taht Yoona's story or her bitter attitude were lies. But to make me lie to Yunho, when  Iwas his younger sister.. I felt there was something I couldn't understand about Yoona's obsession with protecting her engagement with my brother.


Someone: Jaejoong..?
jaejoonh: Eh..?


  I was suddenly called out by name so I turned around. When I did, I  saw my brother standing with a troubled expression.


Yunho: Why are you..
Jaejoong: The same to you, big brother, why are you here?
Yoona: Haha, I called him.


  Suddenly, Yoona, after speaking with a bright voice completely different from earlier, moved over to make room for my brother.


Yoona: A surprise from me! Let's talk together with the three of us today, shall we?


  My brother looked with a complex expression at Yoona, who was urging him to sit next to her with a smile. I see.. She had calculated everything & called me & big brother..


Yoona: jaejoong & I were talking about you together earlier, Yunho. Do you want to hear what we were talking..
Yunho: Jaejoong, we're going home.
Jaejoong: Eh..?


  My brother grabbed my arm & headed towards the entrance, ignoring Yoona.


Jaejoong: Big brother, didn't you have something to talk about with Yoona..
Yunho: I didn't know you were coming too. What's Yoona planning..!
Jaejoong: ...


  I looked back while my brother walked briskly while my arm in his grasp. When I did, Yoona saw us off with a smile. When we got out of the hotel, my brothergave a tip to the bellboy & requested that he bring the car. My brother's expression stayed stern even while we waited for th ecar.


Yunho: What did you talk about?
Jaejoong: U-um..
Yunho: You didn't get any stupid ideas, right? What did you talk about?


  I was asked to not talked about Yoona's infertility. Besides, I didn't her the reason that Yoona had prepared in its place. I was troubled as to whether or not to say what I heard from Yoona.


Jaejoong: It seems like Yoona still wants to make up with you..
Yunho: What was she trying to do bytelling you that..!
Jaejoong: Maybe she thought that I could be a cushion in between two of you.
Yunho: Sounds like something she would have thought up.
Jaejoong: I'm.. no good with Yoona.
Yunho: I agree with you for once.


  When my brother was muttering sullenly, the car we were waiting for stopped in front of us.


Yunho: Going backnow, right? I'll drive you back.
Jaejoong: Okay.
Yunho: Ah.


  When he went to get into the car, my brother stopped, as if he was thinking aboute something.


Jaejoong: What is it?
Yunho: When we were coming back from the amusement park..
Jaejoong: ...
Yunho: Did I say something harsh again? I felt like you were suddenly more curt..
Jaejoong: N-no, it was nothing. Don't worry about it.
Yunho: I see..


  I gave a little chuckles as I gor on the car before my brother, who looked like he wasn't completely satisfied.


That's end of chapter 7. Here's a preview for chapter 8.


Preview


Yunho: Morning. Are the preparations finished?
Changmin: Yes, without delay.


  It's just as I thought. Today is big brother's..


Yunho: hey, whatare you doing..?
Jaejoong: I'm going too.


  Where are they going with just the two of them..?