Chapter 8

The Unforgivable Couple

  Having woken up early in the morning, i wore a black suit & waited for that time.


Changmin: Good morning, Sir.
Yunho: morning. Are the preparations finished?
Changmin: Yes, without delay.


  When U looked from the second floor, my brother was also wearing a black suit. It's just as I thought. Today is big brother's.. Today was the anniversary of the death of my brother's real mother. I had never gone to visit her grave even once. This rime, I'll go.. eh? When I went to go down the stairs, I saw my mother's figure. She drew near my brother who looked like he was about to go out. For her to wake up so early..


Mrs. Jung: Oh, you're early today. Do you have important work to do?
Yunho: Why are you playing dumb.. Tiday is the anniversary of my mother's death. You should know that too.
Mrs. Jung: Ah.. so that's what it was. You've come to visit her grave every year, yes? It must have been difficult for you to come from New York every year just to visit her grave. Thought you didn't show your face here.
Yunho: Yeah, since I didn't want to see your face.
Mrs. Jung: So your mother, who's dead, is more important than me, who's living. I wonder if you'd keep me close to your heart if I died too.
Yunho: I've never once thought of you as my mother.


  With a cold attitude as usual, my brother went out the foyer. Choosing that timing, I went down the stairs too.


Mrs. Jung: Jaejoong? Why are you dressed to go out too?
Jaejoong: I'm going to visit the grave withbig brother!
Mrs. Jung: What are you saying!? You don't have to do such a thing!
Jaejoong: I'm an adult already, right? Let me do what I want!


  Shaking off my mother who was trying to stop me, I rushed out of the foyer. When I got on the car, my brother looked at me with a surprised face.


Yunho: Hey, what are you doing..?
Jaejoong: I'm going too.
Yunho: You've always been stopped, right? By that woman.
Jaejoong: I told her to let me do what I like.
Yunho: ...
jaejoong: Can't I?


  Though my brother was hesitating after I suddenly said I'd accompany him, after thinking for a bit. He stepped on the accelarator after thinking for a bit. That grave was hidden away at the end of the cementary. I thought it was larger grave..


Yunho: It's unexpected, right? That it's such a simple grave.
Jaejoong: Eh? Y-yeah..
Yunho: I asked dad a lot of times why my mother was in a different gravesite than the rest of the Jung family. Each time, he'd say that was what she wanted & say no more.
Jaejoong: Then, you still don't know the reason..
Yunho: She was a humble person. She always put me & dad, the Jung family first & herself second. The Jung family head couldn't be single.. She wouldn't become an obstacle to dad's remarriage by going into the Jung family gravesite. That might have been what my mother was thinking..
Jaejoong: That's..


  When I learnt this about the personality of my brother's mother, I sort of understood my brother's anger. Since hisreal mother was such a wonderful person, it was natural that he couldn't accept my mother..


Yunho: I'm back. I've come to visit you.


  Crouching in front of the grave, my brother closed his eyes. I spoke in my heart. What do you think of how we've entered the Jung family..? As I waited with my eyes closed for an answer that wasn't coming, I noticed that my brother was standing up.


Jaejoong: Eh? Are you going back already?
Yunho: Yeah, I've said what I need to say.
jaejoong: Don't you have more you want to..
Yunho: I can speak to her even if I'm not here.


  After gently brushing the grave once, my brother started walking towaards the cemetary's entrance. My brother's face was still dark while we were returning in the car. As I thought, I probably shouldn't have come..


Yunho: What did you tell her?
Jaejong: Eh? I asked her what she thought of me my mother..
Yunho: I see. I ask that every year too.
Jaejoong: Eh?
Yunho:Whether that she's glad that you two entered the Jung family. Whether she agrees to it.
Jaejoong: ...
Yunho: My mother probably doesn't oppose what dad decided. But,  she definitely won't want the collapse of the Jung family.
Jaejoong: As I thought, she probably thinks it's unfortunate..
Yunho: ...


  The conversation stopped for a little while afterwards. While we both wondered to ourselves, we continued looking at the boring scenery of thehighway.


Yunho: jaeoong..
Jaejoong: Hm..?


  Suddenly, my brother called myname with a gloomy voice. His profile was clouded, like he was thinking hard about something. As expected, having me in the Jung family is..


Yunho: Aren' you hungry?
Jaejoong: What?
Yunho: I mean, you haven't eaten anything since morning, right? So I was wondering if you were hungry.
Jaejoong: W-what are you talking about that for at a time like this..
Yunho: If you're hungry, you feel depressed, right? Why don't we drop by a service area & get something to eat?


  My brother slowed the car down & drove the car into a service area. We stopped by a service area, which I hadn't done in a long time. Since it was Sunday, & lunchtime, on top of that, there was a considerable amount of people.


Yunho: There's a lot of people. Is it really a business recession?
jaejoong: Ah, it seems like this service area was introduced on TV.
Yunho: I see. People believe without doubt that things shown on television are good. That national trait is useful..
Jaejong: Don't think about difficult things! Come on, let's hurry up & get in.


  After I pulled my brother into the building, I was surprised by how many things were being sold.


Yunho: So service area menus recently have this many options?
Jaejoong: Wow, doesn't that pizza look delicious?
Yunho: No pizza. The car will smell.
Jaejoong: Thenhow about baked pasta?
Yunho: Since we've come all the way here, let's have something a little bit different.


  Though my brother made quick decisions for business, he was indecisive about little things like this.


Jaejoong: Then, hamburgers! It's decided!
Yunho: O-ok.


  My brother looked like he wanted something, but in the end, he agreed on hamburgers,


Yunho: Hm..? That's..


  Suddenly, when I thought my brother had started running, he stopped at one lot.


Jaejoong: Hey, wht's this all of a sudden?


  My brother was staring down on teobokki stand.


Jaejoong: Do you want to eat teobokki?
Yunho: Excuse me! I'd like this please.
jaejong: I-I want the same!


  Even when we got the teobokki & were at the table, my brother didn't start eating right away.


Jaejoong: W-what's wrong?
Yunho: This teobokki.. Mother made it a lot.
Jaejoong: Eh?


  After mumbling that, my brother laughed somewhat nostalgically. This is the first time my brother's laughed today. The teobokki, which was a first for me, had a slightly special flavour.


End of chapter 8. Here's the preview for chapter 9.


Preview


Jaejoong: Welcome! What are you looking.. eh?
Yoochun: Hm?
Jaejoong: Y-Yoochun!?
Yoochun: You aren't working here, are you? I see, I see.


  Yoochun showed me an innocent smile. A sign that a fire had lit inYoochun's mischievous heart..


Jaejoong: Ah!


  The problem child Yoochun was running around recklessly!