Chapter 5

The Unforgivable Couple

 Though Yoochun had never done anything rude before, he was different today.


Jaejoong: No! I don't like this!


  When I thought I wouldn't be able to resist any more, suddenly, the hand that was pinning me down let go.


Yoochun: W-what!
Jaejoong: Eh..?


  When I opened my eyes, Yoochun wasn't in the driver's seat anymore, and the door was open. While I still didn't know what had happened, my brother's head suddenly peeked into the car.


Yunho: Are you all right!? Jaejoong?
Jaejoong: Big brother..!
Yunho: Come on, hurry up & get out of that car.


  After saying that, he stuck out his hand towards me. Kindly pulled out by my brother's hand, I got off of Yoochun's car too.


Yoochun: You bastard! What are you doing!?
Yunho: You're th bastard here - what are you doing to my sister!


  Outside the car, Yoochun & my brother were grabbing each other's collars & glaring at each other.


Yoochun: It's got nothing to do with you! Get out of here!
Yunho: Do you think you can get away with making a move on somebody in the Jung family!?


  Big brother thinks of me as a Jung family member.. Beep Beep!! Cars were honking from behind the two of them, who were fighting in the middle of the road.


Jaejoong:G-geez, you two, just stop it!


  I stood between the two of them.


Yoochun: Get out of the way! I won't be satisfied tol' I get a punch in!
Yunho: Just try it. I'll KO you in no time!
Jaejoong: I said, stop it, didn't I!


  Even though I somehow pulled the two apart, they continued galring at each other.


Yunho: You understand now right, Jaejoong? That he's a good-for-nothing guy, as I expected.
Yoochun: You're kidding me! You're the reason we're in this situation!
Yunho: I'm the reason? What do you mean?
Jaejoong: T-that's enough! Yoochun, just go home today.
Yoochun: Huh? What about today's plans?
Jaejoong: Sorry.. So, please..
Yoochun: Fine.. Is apologizing all you can do?
Jaejoong: ...


  While glaring at my older brother, Yoochun got in the car.


Yunho: Wait! What did you mean by what you said earlier!?


  As if to erase my brother's voice, Yoochun drove away recklessly.


Yunho: Damn it.. Oi. What did he mean why he said I was the reason?
jaejoong: A-anyway, let's get away from here.
Yunho: Get on.


  With loud honks around us, I got in my brother's car. My brother's face while driving was even sterner than usual.


Yunho: Geez, what were you doing! If I hadn't just been passing by you've been assaulted in the middle of the street!
Jaejoong: ...
Yunho: I already said that, right!? That dating a guy like that smears a stain on the Jung family name!


  I couldn't say anything to my brother's words. It might certainly be like what bug brother is saying. But..


Yunho: Are you listening!?
Jaejoong: Eh? Y-yeah..
Yunho: Besides, what the hell did he mean when he said "You're the reason"?
Jaejoong: That was..


  The reason I wouldn't givr up my body to Yoochun was beacuse I was thinking of my brother.. i couldn't tell my brother something that off the mark.


Jaejoong: There's no deep meaning. It might have just been because he was annoyed you interrupted..
Yunho: Stupid! Just go home!
Jaejoong: Yeah..


  After that, my  brother didn't say anything, and I just looked at the oassing scenery. At that time, I suddenly remembered what my brother said to Yoochun. I spoke up to ask my brother about that.


Jaejoong: Hey.. Earlier, you said that I was "part of the Jung family, right?"
Yunho: ...
Jaejoong: Do you really feel that way?
Yunho: On the fmily register, you are definitely a Jung family member. I didn't say anything strange.
Jaejoong: But that's not what you mean, right?
Yunho: Don't misunderstand. The reason I saved you wasn't because you're important to me.
Jaejoong: Eh..
Yunho: How would things go if the world found out someone belongsing to the Jung family was assaulted by a guy in the middle of the day? I didn't protect you - I protected the Jung family name.
Jaejoong: I see..


  That certainty might be true. However, that frantic expression that my brother showe, when he's always so calm.. I didn't think he was just worrying about decency.


Yunho: So you have a chink in your armour too. Don't cause a scene like that again.
Jaejoong: A chink.. If a man becomes serious, a girl can't do anything..
Yunho: The problem is that you acted in a way that brought up that situation.
Jaejong: ...
Yunho: If you learn anything from this, stop getting into his car so carelessly.
Jaejoong: I know..


  Maybe because I admitted I was wrong, my brother didn't reproach me anymore & just drove the car silently. The mood is heavy.. But this might be a chance to speak properly with my brother.


Jaejoong: Just tell me one more thing.
Yunho: What?
jaejoong: The reason you hate me & my mother so much.
Yunho: I've said it so many times already. There's no way I'd accept somebody who'd hijack the Jung family.
Jaejoong: Is that all?
Yunho: Something you want to say?
jaejoong: Donb't you have a definite reason for hating us?
Yunho: ...


  After thinking for w little while, my brothe rspoke up seriously.


Yunho: That's.. from when right after you came to the estate.
Jaejoong: yeah..
Yunho: I saw that woman's true nature.
Jaejoong: Eh..?
Yunho: She put on vulgar make-up & then that woman came out of a hotel with a man I didn't know.
Jaejoong: By that woman..
Yunho: Of course, I'm talking about your mother. It hadn't been a few months since she's married & she had betrayed my father.
Jaejoong: ...
Yunho: Dad can be strict sometimes, but he's a kind person at heart. After my mother died, he threw himself into his work & stopped smiling. A that time, he met you mother. When I first met her, I thought she was very beautiful & kind. When I think about it now, it might have been I was still a kid & couldn't judge people well.
Jaejoong: ...
Yunho: No Jung family member thought well of that woman. However, when I looked at dad, who started smiling more & more.. Even when I heard they were getting married, only one person approved. Even so, I saw that sight. I was still highschool  student, and I remember hpw terribly hurt I was.
Jaejoong: That sort of thing, to father..
Yunho: I didn't say anything back then. Dad had finally gotten over my mother's death & was slowly regaining his health..If I told him about that woman's true nature.. Dad might not have been able to get back up again.
Jaejoong: ...
Yunho: But, as I expected, I should have told him. If I had justtold him sooner, he wouldn't have been hrt as much. that woman finds a convinient partner to clingon to & slowly weaken, like a leach. Then, you're that woman's daughter.
Jaejoong: I-I'm different from my moter..
Yunho: I tried to think that way. You haveyour stubborn points, but I believed you had a pure heart. That is, until I saw you say those things that night.


  As I thought, he's still thinking about that night..


Yunho: I was deceived by you & your mother. It's more difficult to say that I'd accept you, right!


  Screech! Mybrother slammed on the brakes lkke he was taking out his nager on them. he glared at the red light like it was his enemy.


Jaejoong: Big brother, as I thought, you've misunderstood..
Yunho: Misunderstood? What are you talking about?


  My brother won't believe me even if I tolf him that night, I put on that act to handle Xiah Junsu. If that;s the case, I might as well..


Jaejoong: I.. As I thought, I'll leave the Jung.
Yunho: Eh..?


  My brother glanced at me & waited for my next words.


That's the end of chapter 5! here's a preview for chapter 6!^^


Preview


jaejoong: As I thought, I'll leave the Jung.
Yunho: you couldn't be thinking of goingto that guy's place, right?
Jaejoong: I.. Do I have to do everything that you say?
Yunho: Hm? W-why are you crying? My bad. I'll apologize, so cheer up.
jaejoong: Then.. bring me to..
Yunho: Eh


  Fun time spent together, like back when we still believed in each other..