Chapter 2

The Unforgivable Couple

  Thwack!

 

Yunho: Ugh..

 

  I slapped my brother without any hesitation.

 

Jaejoong: What is the matter with you.

Yunho: So I guess you don't just kiss anyone.

Jaejoong: Stop screwing around! We're siblings!

Yunho: That is true.. Have you honestly thought of me as your brother?

Jaejoong: What do you mean?

 

  He caught me by surprise & I did not know what to think. He has been a very important person in my life, ever since he became my brother. As a brother.

 

Yunho: Well, if you're mad from that, I guess you're not that rotten to the core after all. I'm a little relieved.

 

  Laughing scornfully in a condescending manner, my brother turned away from me & went up the stairs.

 

Jaejoong: What was that.. Do you have something you want to say..!

 

  Father asked me to clean the study room the next day. My mind was absent because of what happened yesterday. Why did my brother do such a thing.. While I was taking a break, the door opened without a knock.

 

Yunho: Oh, didn't realize you were in here.

Jaejoong: Yunho..

Yunho: What are you doing here?

Jaejoong: I'm cleaning. Since father asked me to.

Yunho: Hm..

Jaejoong: Do you have something you need to do in the study?

Yunho: I just stopped by to take a look around in the study. It's been a while. I've missed the smell of these old books.

 

  After looking around the study wistfull, his expression became sad.

 

Yunho: An abandoned study can be one of the loneliest places one could visit.

Jaejoong: ...

Yunho: Dad's acting stout-hearted, but he seems really unwell.

Jaejoong: Yeah..

Yunho: That's the reason I came home earlier than planned. Dad can't move. Soon I will be taking his place - taking charge of the Jung family

Jaejoong: I see.

Yunho: Though dad didn't look happy.

Jaejoong: He is happy. He's always talking about you.

Yunho: I hope that's true. I'd be troubled if he told me to go back to New York now.

 

  While saying that, my brother opened the glass door of the bookcase & took one book out. The novel my brother used to read back in high school behind my father's back. He reads it in the same manner, however, he looks completely different. The leather binding of the book really matched my brother. "Have you really though of me as your brother?" Why is he bringing up what happened yesterday.. When the words from yesterdaypassed through my head, I heard the sound of the book closing with a bang.

 

Yunho: Forget about me. What about you?

Jaejoong: What?

Yunho: Why don't you leave this estate?

Jaejoong: W-why are you asking something like that?

Yunho: In the first place, you didn't like this estate, right? You said that you hated the heavy atmosphere.

Jaejoong: I did, but..

Yunho: You've already graduated from university. Wouldn't it be better if you found work somewhere & live by yourself?

Jaejoong: But, father..

Yunho: If it's about dad, there's no problem even if you're not here. There are servants, plus the live-in nurse.

Jaejoong: That's.. There's no way I could leave the house & let strangers take care of my sick father.

Yunho: You're a stranger too.

Jaejoong: That..

Yunho: For me, I'd feel safer leaving sverything to someone else. If left to somebody who's not really connected, I don't know what might happen.

 

  My brother was looking at me with the same cold eyes as yesterday.

 

Jaejoong: Why.. why are you only saying such things!?

Yunho: Since I can't trust you. You or that other woman.

Jaejoong: By that other woman, do you mean mother..?

Yunho: Yeah. That woman. Seems she saw that dad's condition was bad & is meddling with management. Thanks to that, the board of directors is in disorder. It's only natural if an amateur who's never delt with management before has her own way with things.

jaejoong: I didn't know that mother was..

Yunho: You didn't know? I was sure that you were an accomplice too though.

Jaejoong: There's no way I'd do something like that, right!? I've never even thought about dealing with management!

Yunho: I don't know..

 

  When my brother drew closer to me, he looked at my eyes as if he was peering into them.

 

Jaejoong: Wh-what..?

Yunho: When you lie, you've got a habit of moving your eyes left & right.

jaejoong: What?

Yunho: Seems like you're not lying. That doesn't mean I can trust you though. You might just have become better at lying in the time I've been gone.

jaejoong: ...

Yunho: Jaejoong, lying isn't the only thing you've gotten better at, right?

Jaejoong: What do you want to say?

Yunho: How many men have you been with?

jaejoong: ...!

 

  When I tried to slap him, my brother immediately stepped away.

 

Yunho: I can't let you hit me. I'm heading to the company after this.

Jaejoong: Why don't you just hurry up & go!?

Yunho: Ha! Even if you don't tell me..

Someone: Yunho! Welcome back!

 

  Suddenly, I heard a high-pitched voice from the front door. I didn't even have time to look before that shadow of a person hugged my brother.

 

Yoona: Why didn't you let me know!? I would have gone to pick you up at the airport!

Yunho: Yoona..

 

  The person hugging my brother was Yoona. After going together with my brother to New York, Yoona came back after two years, but I hadn't met her at all.

 

Yoona: I wanted to see you..!

 

  Yoona wrapped an arm around my brother's neck & tiptoed to give him a kiss. Ah.. I'm in their way. Immediately thinking that, I tried to leave without saying anything.

 

Yunho: Stop!

 

  Suddenly, my brother spoke loudly & shook off Yoona. Huh..? Yoona is his fiancee.. Why is he treating her that way?

 

Yunho: Why did you come here?

Yoona: To meet you, Yunho..

Yunho: Go home right now. I'm busy.

Yoona: Yunho..

 

  Looking displeased, my brother left the study. Yoona, who was left behind, saw my brother out with loving expression. What was that..?

 

Yoona: Oh? Jaejoong, you were here.

Jaejoong: Yes.. It has been a while, Yoona.

Yoona: It has been a while. I apologize for not even greet you ever since I've come back. How have you been?

Jaejoong: Eh, well..

Yoona: Haha, you saw something odd just now. Please don't mind.

Jaejoong: Did something happen between you & my brother?

Yoona: No, nothing at all. He did come home suddenly, so maybe he's a bit nervous.

 

  Nervous.. I see. So that's why he has that attitude towards me..

 

Yoona: Nevertheless, jaejoong, you have become completely beautiful.

Jaejoong: not at all. More that that, Yoona, you're the one..

Yoona: That beauty is from your mother, isn't it? The gentlemen around you probably won't leave you alone. Do you have a boyfriend?

Jaejoong: ...

Yoona: I was certain that you had left the estate. So you were still here.

Jaejoong: Yes, I cannot leave currently as I want to stay by my father's side.

Yoona: So that is how it is. Even if you wished to leave, you could not, as the situation is now.

 

  Somehow Yoona's words to me seemed harsh. That hasn't changed since the first time we met.

 

Yoona: Now then, I will go greet your father. Jaejoong, please enjoy your day.

Jaejoong: Please enjoy your day..

 

  With complicated thoughts, I saw off Yoona, who left while walking like a model. 

 

End of Chapter 2! I'll update again soon! Byies!!^^