Prologue

The Unforgivable Couple

Junsu: It's not a bad idea. You're a child from a previous marriage - it'll be difficult for you to share the Jung family power in the future, you know? It'll be easier for you tobe the obedient lover of a celebrity like me. Like your mother is doing.

Jaejoong: ...!

 

  I suddenly raised my hand, but I stopped myself just in time. This person is a business partner of the Jung Corp.. He might do business with Big Brother someday..

 

Junsu: What? Is it enough money?

Jaejoong: It isn't enough money at all. Aren't you missing one digit?

Junsu: Well, well, well.. That greediness must be from your mother.

Jaejoong: In the first place, I refuse to be a lover who doesn't know when she'll be thrown away. If you really want to sleep with me, please sign a marriage license form and bring it to me.

Junsu: Hey..

Jaejoong: Though that's just if you really meant what you said.

Junsu: Tha.. Give me some time to think..

 

  Junsu suddenly looked conflicted & went back to the party hall. After seeing him leave, I sat down like I was crumbling. I said something amazing on the spur of the moment.. He won't actually take me seriously, right..?

 

Yunho: The worst..

 

  The voice came from my brother, who was standing with two glasses in his hands.

 

Jaejoong: Big Brother..

Yunho: I came to find yousince I was worried that you looked a bit off, but..

 

  My brother looked both angry & sad as he handed me a glass of water.

 

Yunho: So you were also the sort of woman who could say something like that..!

Jaejoong: Y-you're mistaken! Earlier, I was just..!

Yunho: I thought you were different from that woman, but.. As expected, you're mother & daughter.

 

  After saying that, my brother turned around coldly. I couldn't say anything & could only down at the ground. The next morning, I woke up, though I couldn't sleep much, and headed towards the living room. I need to explain to Big Brother about yesterday.. In a few days, my brother would go to New York. I wanted to clear the misunderstanding somehow before then. I.. I'm different from my mother! When I entered the living room, Changmin the butler, rushed over to me.

 

Changmin: Madam, good morning. Um...

Jaejoong: Good morning. What's the matter?

Changmin: Just a moment ago, Sir departed for New York.

Jaejoong: Eh? But wasn't he supposed to leave next week..

Changmin: The truth is, last night he asked me to prepare a ticket as he would be departing immediately.. Everyone needs to be notified of his departure..

Jaejoong: But that's..!?

 

  In order to change, I hurriedly went back up the stairs.

 

Changmin: Madam, what are you planning to do?

Jaejoong: I'm going to go after him right away! There's something I need to tell him!

Changmin: The flight to New York has already departed..

jaejoong: That can't be..

 

  In the end, I couldn't clear up my brother's misunderstanding. The little knot in my stomach would soon become the fuse for the start of a love-hate drama..